|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -

Default Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -

August 20th, 2018, 16:05
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
So, Eye - have you played some more and are you still disliking it?
Hey, thanks for asking, Darth!

Yep, still playing it, and nope, not disliking it. I got my own horse now, and I really love riding it. I have never ridden a horse before in a game, so this delightful experience reminds of my unique swimming in Gothic.

Basically I did what Joxer said, not because I enjoy following a main line so much, but because I wanted to learn to read asap possible. To achieve that meant a really long walk in unknown territory, so I thought of getting stronger first.

My focus now is still on learning, I am improving speech, alchemy, lockpicking and combat, and I really enjoy the game far better than I did during the intro.

I am struggling with archery, to me progression does not go that easy as melee. Do you have any tips? I try the archery contests but every time I end up losing money. I have given up on
Spoiler


Since I have a mod that allow me to be my own mule (came in for free with the unlimited saves mod) I do not really need the horse (yet) other than for gallopping.

The unlimited saves mod is not unlimited to me btw. I can still save anywhere I like without schnaps, but I have to start overwriting previous saves after a number of saves (did not count them, 10/15 or so).
In the accompanying info the mod said it allowed 300 saves. Not that it matters. I am quite happy with overwriting.
Overwriting does not stop the count (well, that makes sense of course) and when strictly following the instructions I do not get the saving process back to starting with number one again either. I guess there is some line in the exit.whs that is keeping track, so I’ll have to see what happens when I reach save300.whs. But I doubt I’ll reach it.
On the other hand, the game is so big….

So, enough chattering, high time I got back to my game.
Tomorrow I shall not be playing KCD. I am at the Gamescom.

Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
BTW, it turns out that you don't even have to use "continue" to load the Exit Save. It's there even when you just use the normal Load option.

Really odd, actually - but no biggie.
O. Okay. Thanks.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'
Eye is offline

Eye

Eye's Avatar
Eye Watch
Super Moderator

#141

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,523
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Default 

August 20th, 2018, 16:41
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Tomorrow I shall not be playing KCD. I am at the Gamescom.
I'm jealous.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#142

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,208
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 20th, 2018, 16:53
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
I am struggling with archery, to me progression does not go that easy as melee. Do you have any tips? I try the archery contests but every time I end up losing money. I have given up on
Aim for the head

Well, what I did was practice a bunch when hunting hares. I got the hang of it slowly but steadily - though it's still very challenging.

You can hunt hares in any forest, really - and you can recover your arrow as long as you hit them. Approach them from the side - where the profile is largest, and you'll eventually learn to hit them most of the time, and your skill will increase.

Based on my experience, archery is extremely powerful and potentially overpowered.
Darth Tagnan is offline

Darth Tagnan

Darth Tagnan's Avatar
SasqWatch

#143

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,815
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

October 14th, 2018, 22:05
I'm really liking this game so far! It does have some quirks (what the Hades is that head nod!?) but over-all it's definitely good fun.

Something that strikes me as extra quirky is your control over the character, but I'm not sure why. You have a lot of control but not total control. Sometimes your character will decide he's going to do something and, well, that's that. For instance, in the prolog, your character decides he's going to go back to his village. You WILL go back to the village and you will do so with utmost haste!

The odd thing is, all RPGs do that. You can't just decide that Geralt isn't going to search for Ciri in Witcher 3, for instance. Maybe it's because I don't like the decisions he makes. Stupid, brash kid - rushing in to do what he thinks is right without thinking of any consequences! With other RPGs, the decisions they make are normally pretty sane but this kid is way too young to be out on his own.

Regarding archery - you can buy tournament arrows for cheap at the archery range. I learned to shoot by just going up and shooting, not messing with contests. It's still fairly wild but I can shoot a cute, little, bunny wabbit with just one or two arrows most of the time now. I overloaded myself with rabbit meat in the hunting contest with Prince Charming! (A smart kid would have lost on purpose but this is no smart kid.)

I'm still a bit unsure on the stealth knock-out stuff. There was a nasty soldier not long after the hunt that I was able to sneak up on. The game said to push "F" to knock him out. I pushed "F" and nothing happened. I dumped a bunch of junk so I wasn't overloaded and tried again. Nothing. After a few tries (and re-loads), I managed to get it to happen. Do you have to be moving forward when pressing "F" to make the knock-out work??
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#144

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

October 15th, 2018, 12:41
I didn't have such problem with KOing in my game although I've finished it before crapload of patches and couple of dlc. It's possible they broke something in between, but in the release version it worked normally without combining any keys.
I'm still waiting for the final DLC before replaying it whole.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#145

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,208
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 00:45
Cost to stay one night in an inn: 2
Cost to stay multiple nights: 250

I would have to stay 125 nights just to break even!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#146

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 11:42
250 is cost to make a bed yours for the rest of the game and never need to talk to innkeeper/maid again.
At one point you'll be a millionaire anyway. Thieving or not, hunting or not.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#147

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,208
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 23:02
So kingdom come is the place to be if you want to be a millionaire. Sounds like imbalance ?
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#148

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 5,809
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 23:04
Didn't play witcher 3 ?

Originally Posted by Eye View Post
I have never ridden a horse before in a game, so this delightful experience reminds of my unique swimming in Gothic.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#149

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 5,809
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 23:20
Yeah, I suppose it would be nice to have easy access to the chest in there without having to spend a couple of minutes asking for the room. (Want to haggle over 2G?)

The horse riding is pretty good in this game. Fighting on a horse hasn't impressed me as much, though. Sometimes enemies can pull some pretty amazing stunts to unhorse you. Then, a little later, they suddenly can't see you on your horse at all so you can just shoot them where they stand. (And miss. Sigh. At least I won the Chump Challenge.)

I was wandering around in the SW area of the map and found a grave site. Being a terrible heathen, I dug it up to see if there would be any treasure. Instead, I found this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil…?id=1550759530

Errr? Red cape. A broom. Hips look male. And what is his left hand holding!? There was no treasure at all but this has to be some sort of Easter Egg.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#150

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 23:27
Broom and cape - Harry Potter easter egg most probably. I mean look at that thing in the skeleton's hand. Isn't it this:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Snitch
Could also be Black Clover manga/anime. Same elements can be seen there too, but Rawling is brit and the game is european so… 99.99% it's Harry Potter.

Forget horsefighting. A hint though - certain greyish deer needed for some butcher fetch quest(s) are easy to hunt while riding.

Chump Challenge is the one with river logs? If yes, I tried it once, failed, never returned to it. Although… My bow skill was nonexisting when I found it. Left for replay.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#151

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,208
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

October 28th, 2018, 23:43
Originally Posted by you View Post
Didn't play witcher 3 ?
Nope. Just Witcher 1.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'
Eye is offline

Eye

Eye's Avatar
Eye Watch
Super Moderator

#152

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,523
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Default 

October 29th, 2018, 01:31
POTTER! Yeah, that has to be it!

Horse fighting is silly but its WAY safer. Just be sure to keep moving fast and they can't do anything to you. It would probably be even better with the pole arms mod that turns those weapons back on.

Yep, chump challenge is the one with the logs. I'm wary of the name, though. If they try to get me to make a big bet, I ain't buying it.

The side quests in this game seem to go on forever! (And the sunsets/sunrises are sweet!)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#153

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 06:45
I found a halberd but it's… weird. When you pick it up, you can no longer run or fast travel. I thought my 3D Vision mod was breaking something until I dropped it and found I could run again. I had to leave it behind.

Now I've entered the Monastery. Lovely singing but… really? Looks like I can wait through prayers but eating is just sitting there for several minutes. No talking allowed. Just watch the spoon dip into the beans and fail to pick up anything over and over?
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#154

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,768
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 10:41
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
I found a halberd but it's… weird. When you pick it up, you can no longer run or fast travel. I thought my 3D Vision mod was breaking something until I dropped it and found I could run again. I had to leave it behind.
Yeah, the halberds are weapons that can be picked up and used right there, like a temporary weapon, but they can't be put in the inventory, sold or similar.
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Now I've entered the Monastery. Lovely singing but… really? Looks like I can wait through prayers but eating is just sitting there for several minutes. No talking allowed. Just watch the spoon dip into the beans and fail to pick up anything over and over?
I found the monastery part rather annoying. You basically have to get into a routine there, and then spend the spare time/nights finding the guy you're looking for, and then make certain preperations to leave. It'll take several in-game days at least, so you'll just have to be patient.
Maylander is offline

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#155

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen
Posts: 7,118
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 13:23
Since when are halberds in the game? For all I know those are completely bugged and removed - there are mods that enable their use but your savegame risks corruption.

The monastery main quest is sort of a time management minigame of it's own. It had tons of bugs at release but IMO it was generally not done well and I'm not talking just about the main "detective" point. To this day I don't know if Necronomicon II you find during a "sidequest" can be used later instead of Necronomicon I (both are inside monastery). The unique treasure map which is most probably the hardest one to find in the whole game (words only and not a pic) leads you to a rubbish loot. Waking early just to talk to certain someone who's supposed to be a critical quest figure gains you absolutely nothing. "Sidequests" not solved during your posing as monk disappear once you end the main monastery quest. Etc.
At least that was before, dunno if any of it was reworked later.

Best suggestion I can give is not going for it before you level thieving abilities (pickpocket/lockpicking) skyhigh. Getting a point or two in alchemy and literacy prior to it is also nifty.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#156

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,208
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 18:51
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Nope. Just Witcher 1.
I thought the Witcher 1 was good, the Witcher 2 meh, and didn't play the Witcher 3 until just recently when it was on sale for very little. Its significantly better than the Witcher 1. It surprised me, especially because I liked the first 2 games much less than most people here do. The main quest and side quests (not necessarily the various monster contracts and other tasks) are very well done. You might want to give it a try at some point.
forgottenlor is offline

forgottenlor

forgottenlor's Avatar
Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

#157

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 18:54
Originally Posted by you View Post
So kingdom come is the place to be if you want to be a millionaire. Sounds like imbalance ?
The cost of an inn room seems like a lot at the beginning of a game, but by late mid game you may be fighting people who are wearing armour which you can sell for over 1k. You're social status rises immensely, and at the point the cost of a room in an inn is trivial.
forgottenlor is offline

forgottenlor

forgottenlor's Avatar
Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

#158

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 19:13
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
I thought the Witcher 1 was good, the Witcher 2 meh, and didn't play the Witcher 3 until just recently when it was on sale for very little. Its significantly better than the Witcher 1. It surprised me, especially because I liked the first 2 games much less than most people here do. The main quest and side quests (not necessarily the various monster contracts and other tasks) are very well done. You might want to give it a try at some point.
Okay, thanks! I was not sure about this one anymore, but I value your opinion, so it is decided: I will try it.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'
Eye is offline

Eye

Eye's Avatar
Eye Watch
Super Moderator

#159

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,523
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Default 

November 13th, 2018, 19:17
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Okay, thanks! I was not sure about this one anymore, but I value your opinion, so it is decided: I will try it.
I tried the Witcher 1 three times and could never get past the first city (just past the village).
Any hope for me ?
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

#160

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,017
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:25.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch