|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Patch 1.2

Default Pillars of Eternity II - Patch 1.2

July 7th, 2018, 01:42
Patch 1.2 for Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire is here, with the following highlights.

  • Inventory and Store Features
    • Your stash is now searchable!
    • Holding shift while selling things from your stash will now add items without prompting the player about stack sizes.
  • Companions and Relationships
    • Reputation screen now displays the dialogue nodes that affected change with companion relationships.
    • Added UI to recommend which companions to bring on quests relevant to those companions.
  • Mod Manager UI
    • User interface added that lets you track which mods you've added or turned on or off.
  • Crew Injuries
    • An Injured Crew HUD is now available.
  • Balance Changes
    • All 2H melee weapons now receive +1 Penetration to put them in line with the other melee weapons.
    • Several under-performing Cipher spells have been buffed while Charm has been re-tuned to break if the character takes damage from the charming party.
    • Tricksters have gotten new spells, lower penalties, and cheaper high level abilities, while Wizards have lower out of school penalties, higher power levels with specialized schools, and spell buffs. Additionally, low-level Priest spells have been buffed.
    • We wanted consumables to be valuable tools to solve problems, not be a singular factor in combat or be a crutch that players could reach for too easily and without any need for decision-making. As they were, they were too-often the only deciding factor in combat. We've re-tuned consumables to scale exclusively from skill ranks and power level bonuses and figurines will no longer have unlimited uses.
  • Major Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where party members who were knocked out during a save state would be dead but still be in the party upon loading a save
    • Players no longer spiritshift (and lose equipment) when drinking from the pool at Outcast's Respite.
    • Player health in character sheet now displays properly.
    • Active animal companion abilities now properly display on the Ranger and animal companion ability bars.
    • Fixed problems with the ability bar detecting the active/queued state of modal abilities in no modal group.
What's Next?

The developers are still hard at work to bring continuous improvements, features, and content to the Deadfire - stay tuned in July for new challenge modes, a new free merchant-ship DLC, and our first expansive DLC, the "Beast of Winter". More news on them in the coming weeks!


More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 8,347
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 01:42
Wow, some of those sound like pretty serious balance changes.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#2

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,484
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 01:56
Obsidian has been awesome with the post-release support
Silver Coin is offline

Silver Coin

Silver Coin's Avatar
Sentinel

#3

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 08:58
I'll finish my White March playthrough tonight. Seems to be a good time to start Deadfire tomorrow.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#4

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,791
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 13:17
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Wow, some of those sound like pretty serious balance changes.
Yeah, this one in particular:
and figurines will no longer have unlimited uses.
Would have made things a fair bit more challenging for me. I abused the hell out of those things and collected all of the ones I could find. Whenever I encountered a group that looked like it might even try to put up a fight, I'd have my entire party use all their summon figurines and then just let things descend into chaos as the enemies were overwhelmed. And since there were no limitations on resting, I'd just rest after I was out of combat and get all my uses of them back. It quickly trivialized combat after I had a few of them, and then when all of my party members had 2-3 figurines each, well…
Rhawkas is offline

Rhawkas

Watcher

#5

Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 13:40
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
Obsidian has been awesome with the post-release support
It starts out that way, then in 9 months you have to post on their forums telling them to stop screwing around with character stats in the name of "balance"!
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!
Wisdom is offline

Wisdom

Wisdom's Avatar
Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#6

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,130
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 13:55
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
It starts out that way, then in 9 months you have to post on their forums telling them to stop screwing around with character stats in the name of "balance"!
Balance is everything my young Padawan.

Yet Josh loves to Butcher the game classes/stats.
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Trump Minion #1

#7

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TrumpLand
Posts: 16,991
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 13:59
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.
BoboTheMighty is offline

BoboTheMighty

BoboTheMighty's Avatar
SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Posts: 3,345
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:00
Did they mess with my beloved Street Fighter Marauder?
Darth Tagnan is online now

Darth Tagnan

Darth Tagnan's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#9

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:25
I wonder how many people that didn't buy it do actually want the game, but are waiting until they've finished screwing around with it.

The ongoing support is great in one way, but I think they might have shot themselves in the foot by training people to wait.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is online now

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#10

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,283
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:31
People holding off for balance purposes alone would be in a tiny, tiny minority - I'd expect.

Not that there's a way to establish such a thing, one way or the other.

If you don't like balance changes from release and the game works fine - then just don't patch it.
Darth Tagnan is online now

Darth Tagnan

Darth Tagnan's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#11

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:38
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
If you don't like balance changes from release and the game works fine - then just don't patch it.
Yeah but then you cant play the DLC or eventual expansions, but I get your point.
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Trump Minion #1

#12

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TrumpLand
Posts: 16,991
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:40
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah but then you cant play the DLC or eventual expansions, but I get your point.
I personally think most people who're eager to play don't care that much about upcoming changes.

That said, I do think a significant amount of players are holding off for patches and so forth - but that's more about fixing the game and getting it cheaper.

That would be my theory, anyway.
Darth Tagnan is online now

Darth Tagnan

Darth Tagnan's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#13

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:42
I'm waiting for all the DLC & Expansions to be released before I play it.

--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Trump Minion #1

#14

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TrumpLand
Posts: 16,991
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:46
I can't really come up with a great argument supporting getting games at release.

I'm just a bit stupid in that way, personally.
Darth Tagnan is online now

Darth Tagnan

Darth Tagnan's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#15

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 14:59
I think there's a very good argument for buying games at release, even if you don't play them - to support the kind of games you want to see made.

I just wonder if they've planted the idea in many customers' minds that it's better to wait until these games are actually complete, and then pick them up at discount.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is online now

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#16

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,283
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 15:39
As a backer for both games, it did make me question this time around how best to approach playing Deadfire given the staggered manner that the White March expansions were released.

I really enjoyed Path of the Damned last time, so it makes sense to me to wait until everything is out and in the meantime, play on veteran to simply experience and get an initial feel for the game.

However, one significant negative point detracting from this backing experience has been the ongoing delay for physical rewards shipping. I emailed Obsidian support and the latest seems to be that packages will be going out mid-July. For me, it's another reason to delay any kind of serious play-through of the game as it's always nice to have any extra atmospheric enhancers in front of you beforehand.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Pessimeister is offline

Pessimeister

Pessimeister's Avatar
Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

#17

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,793
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 15:59
This game was fun enough after patch 1.1 that I didn't mind doing a full playthrough before they finished supporting it. I'll probably even play each DLC as they're released.
Last edited by Silver Coin; July 7th, 2018 at 16:11.
Silver Coin is offline

Silver Coin

Silver Coin's Avatar
Sentinel

#18

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

July 7th, 2018, 16:43
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I just wonder if they've planted the idea in many customers' minds that it's better to wait until these games are actually complete, and then pick them up at discount.
Waiting to buy games so they are cheaper and packed in "complete edition" with all released content is not a new thing. I was doing it back in the 90s and early 2000s with boxed games (aka bargain bin games). My copy of BG1 is a "complete edition", it included the expac and the soundtrack for $30 (new game release back then were $60 for me, expac where $30/40). Same for Morrowind, I bought the base game, but waited for the GOTY version with both expact, on sales, to get those. I never owned TOB until I bought BG2:EE too…

With time I realized that I rarely finish all that extra content, so these days I buy games that interest me on release and outside of super discount on "complete editions" or wanting to encourage the developer, I tend to not even bother with them.
--
Mission Impossible: clean that overgrown backlog. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#19

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,665
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

July 8th, 2018, 05:47
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I just wonder if they've planted the idea in many customers' minds that it's better to wait until these games are actually complete, and then pick them up at discount.
It's certainly planted deep in my brain. I've been playing more games near release recently because I've backed them but normally I wait months for a game.

As for supporting developers - if I ever decide to do that, I'll just write them a check. That way it all goes to them.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#20

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 5,484
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Patch 1.2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:01.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch