Risen The axeman ! - SPOILERS

So I have now joined the Don officially as I am a hunter. I have gone to the Monastery and met with the Inquisitor who wants me to find some discs. There's a disc with Severin and one with a druiid. I am with Severin now and I have had to fight off 10 gnomes all of a sudden. It took me by surprise.

Also I went into the ruins just above that farm and got massacred by the ashbeast. I only just managed to beat the first lizard, and I got the recruits and Severin to help me kill the second one. That ashbeast though .... :D I think I won't be able to get in there for a while.

Before going to the druid, I think I will first go to town and to the don's camp to see if there are any new quests to pickup. I will also see if the three treasure seekers managed to open up that temple.

In the mean time, my strength is now 50 and I have 5 levels of axe +1 with the ring. That's really useful, like you said Maylander. I think I need better armour if I want to survive against any of the strong enemies that will soon pop up I imagine. Hopefully the Don will give me some better armour soon.

I really find the game very Gothic-like, on top of new moves for skills, the armours make massive differences to the game and it does feel like each chapter brings in new elements to the game.

Anyway, I think I will focus on strength now for the next couple of levels. Scrolls/Alchemy seem like good second options, but I need to kill things faster.

Will probably play a lot more this weekend :)

Eh, how is that axe thing working out? Seriously been meaning to give this one a second go, didn't make it past the first chapter first time.
But I heard the game takes a dive later on.

I enjoyed the game a lot. Although I am taking a break before playing risen 2.

I enjoyed the axe path as I felt very rewarded for putting in some levels in strength and axe.

I finished the game but I felt people here were not very interested in my postings so I stopped posting.

The game is the best in chapters 1-2 and then becomes less good, but not bad except for the last chapter.

I would say it is very similar to most gothics in that regard.

Gothic 1 chapter 1 took me 15 hours to complete. Chapters 2-3 8-10 hours and then chapters 4-6 another 8 hours :/

It always seems like they have lots of ideas and great execution but then run out of time and/or budget.

I would recommend playing it once if you enjoy the type of adventure gothic offers.

There's no real reason to replay everything again, except you get 10 extra quests you may not have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the game a lot. Although I am taking a break before playing risen 2.

I enjoyed the axe path as I felt very rewarded for putting in some levels in strength and axe.

I finished the game but I felt people here were not very interested in my postings so I stopped posting.

The game is the best in chapters 1-2 and then becomes less good, but not bad except for the last chapter.

I would say it is very similar to most gothics in that regard.

Gothic 1 chapter 1 took me 15 hours to complete. Chapters 2-3 8-10 hours and then chapters 4-6 another 8 hours :/

It always seems like they have lots of ideas and great execution but then run out of time and/or budget.

I would recommend playing it once if you enjoy the type of adventure gothic offers.

There's no real reason to replay everything again, except you get 10 extra quests you may not have seen.

I'm still baffled by the fact that they completely changed the engine and gameplay for Risen 2, as Risen 1 really had a Gothic thing going for it. All it really needed was more content and some polish. I remember a lot of people, me included, having very high hopes for Risen 2 due to that.

I'm still baffled by the fact that they completely changed the engine and gameplay for Risen 2, as Risen 1 really had a Gothic thing going for it. All it really needed was more content and some polish. I remember a lot of people, me included, having very high hopes for Risen 2 due to that.

I heard many good things about risen 2.

The main complaint seemed to be the island hopping bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard many good things about risen 2.

The main complaint seemed to be the island hopping bit.

I got the impression it's the most hated, by far. Really the most Un-Piranha bytes- Piranha bytes game to date. And the dlc's...blech, though a console can help. ;)
That said: it isn't really bad and had it's own charm, I prefer it to Risen III actually.

The worst thing about R2 for me was the decision to use QTEs - hate them. R3 had a few too but they were somehow a little more tolerable. Witcher 2 had them as well and I thank CDPR for listening to fan complaints and omitting them from W3.

I got the impression it's the most hated, by far. Really the most Un-Piranha bytes- Piranha bytes game to date. And the dlc's…blech, though a console can help. ;)
That said: it isn't really bad and had it's own charm, I prefer it to Risen III actually.

I doubt R2 will be much fun when coming from R3. The latter is just a little bit better in everything. ;)
IMHO R2 is average while R3 is good.

One could read between the lines of the press stuff for Elex that PB apparently didn't always have the final say on features in the Risen series.

Bit of a thread necro, but I'm playing through this as an axeman for the Don as well, and I'm having a blast. I just escaped Harbor town and returned to the Don and got my set of hunter armor. Now to fulfill my role as hunter and kill some rats, birds, wolves and boars!

I am kind of disappointed that the game supposedly declines in quality from here out. I thought the bandit camp and Harbor Town were amazing areas with great quests. Still, I'm invested enough to see it through to the end.

Yeah, I loved it, and I think most around here were hoping for a Gothic 1 -> Gothic 2 evolution from Risen 1 to Risen 2: Similar, but bigger and better. It's a real shame that didn't happen. From what I recall, it was down to the engine being difficult to work with or some such thing. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom