S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Deep Silver Picks Up Clear Sky Publishing Rights

magerette

Hedgewitch
GamersHell has posted a press release from Koch Media stating the upcoming Clear Sky prequel already announced for digital distribution on Steam, will be published in most countries worldwide by Deep Silver:
Basingstoke, England – 31st of January – GSC Game World, computer games developer, its publishing subdivision GSC World Publishing and Koch Media, a leading marketer of games and application software, today announced the conclusion of a publishing agreement concerning the title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. Under the terms of this contract, Koch Media is guaranteed worldwide publishing rights - with the exception of the territories Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky will be published by the games labels Deep Silver and GSC World Publishing.
More information.

Does this mean that Deep Silver will be publishing a boxed copy?

It will be interesting to see how this comes out ... I agree with JDR13 that the original game still isn't really 'done'.

The only pity is that there's no release date mentioned. Some sites quote Q1/08, some even say it's March, but no definite, set-into-stone date has been confirmed as of yet.

If this is a full prequel and not just a small expansion pack, then it wouldn't surprise me to see the game in 2009.

Steam lists it as being released in March 2008, so I guess we might presume the retail version will be released in March too or perhaps with a slight delay.

the constitution still isn't technically done either, as i'm sure there's more ammendments forthcoming. does that mean we can't enjoy democracy?
complicated systems are never at an end state. if you want a nice perfect pink house/game there's those available. the u.s. and games like stalker don't fit those bills.

perfection is not a good scale to gauge satisfaction...

its probably much easier to find a flaw in the sistine chapel than it is a disneyland mural...who bloody cares?

Back
Top Bottom