HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr has been released today:

Inquisitor - Martyr: Release Patch Notes for v1.0 - June 5

Thank you!

This release wouldn't have been possible without the players, so we’d like to thank you for your support during the Founding and Early Access. During these long months, you showed the best traits of Inquisitors, you were observant, critical, and you reported anything that wasn’t quite worthy in the eyes of the Emperor. In times of glory, in times of struggle, you were there with us, providing overwhelming support and understanding. For this, we'll be eternally grateful.

Your feedback was extremely valuable, and the game got better because of it. Of course, we'll be counting on you in the future as well, since Inquisitor - Martyr is continually evolving.

We hope we have managed to meet or exceed your expectations, but if not, please know that we will continue to improve the game based on your feedback. Look forward to more content and improvements in free future updates, global events and Seasons!

Thank you again, and please spread the word that Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr is now complete!

New Features

• 4243 people have received their Skull Masks. Good job!
  • Players can manage their Extras at a new panel on the Command Bridge
  • Relic items have all received new models
  • Redesigned every single armor set's model, added new armor models as well
  • Added Base Material system for Armors, meaning that equipping a new armor will change the character's base clothing
  • The final 2 chapters of the campaign are now available
  • The Alpha Legion and Black Legion investigation series are also available, completing the Chaos Undivided quest chain
  • Added new enemies: Alpha Legion Helbrute, Marine, Sniper, and Commander
  • Equipment Appearance customization is now available at Omikron Arkh
  • Players can choose from dozens of color schemes along with managing item skins, adjusting griminess and a bunch of additional cool features
  • Added Localizations for the following languages: French, German, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Hungarian, Simpl. Chinese, Korean, Polish
  • The following languages will be added later: Japanese
  • Added Progression Window in the Character panel where they can see their past and their upcoming challenges
  • Steam Achievements unlocked
  • Trading Cards unlocked
Fixed Bugs

• Fixed a crash during the final Tutorial Mission
  • Fixed Animation FPS / Effect FPS drops on higher end computers
  • Fixed GameLogic FPS drops
  • Major performance optimization
  • Fixed a vibrating/flickering issue related to Alt+Tab
  • Fixed a blackscreen issue
  • Multiple controller bugfixes
  • Fixed the tab button losing functionality after a while
  • Fixed decals appearing partially
  • In the menus, the Character model now appears properly, in HD
  • Fixed a minor flicker at the beginning of cutscenes
  • Fixed flickering/disappearing monster highlights
  • Fixed a bug where players could use the cogitator before turning the generator off in the 3rd mission of Chapter 3
  • Fixed an issue with the chat scroll bar
  • Chat now scrolls to bottom automatically
  • Chat hide button fixed
  • Fixed a missing string in chat options
  • Fixed Righteous Fortitude strings
  • Fixed close spawn points for several maps
  • Social panel now says Rank instead of Level
  • Fixed an issue where using teleports insta-won the Panic Room missions
  • Fixed an issue where crafting did not cost money
  • Fixed more minimap issues
  • Fixed invisible Warp Beacons
  • Fixed a bug where plants on the Rocky setting grew back after being destroyed. Also fixed them disappearing sometimes.
  • Fixed NPC hitboxes
  • Optimized textures for gear
  • PVP Bless Skill now shows the passive buff icon
  • Hasten now works properly
  • Fixed corpse bodyparts floating in the air
  • Co-Op
  • Fixed Assassin Stealth not costing resources
  • Fixed movement bonuses not applying to players in co-op
  • Fixed jump and charge skills in co-op
  • Balance
  • Buffed VIP health and made them less suicidal
  • Stun Grenade: Damage increased from 150 to 250
  • Flash Grenade has been removed
  • Haywire has been removed
  • Personal Void shield absorb is halved from 4000 to 2000
  • Deflector Field: Deflection increased from 1000 to 1500 HP, duration doubled from 60 to 120 sec
  • Fabricator Scatter Field: Damage increased from 350 to 400
  • Decreased base crafting times:
  • From 60 minutes to 20 minutes
  • From 240 minutes to 60 minutes
  • Servers, and some statues are now destructible as well
PS: I can't thank enough for the amazing community of Martyr. It is an honor to work for you guys. I will continue to do my absolute best and help you out / listen any way I can. - Megapull
More information.

Chirp….Chirp…..and no one gives a damn except a few Watchers.:smug:

Just another Online ARPG that can't get it's launch right with working servers.
You should have made an offline version for SP to avoid extended issues like this with different saves. I mean, tbh, the Online part of this game isn't even really a core focus. The major focus is literally just investigating on your own so what was the point of having unstable servers? At the most just go the normal route of Co-Op dropin/out P2P connection xD.

Last edited:
You already made it clear in the other thread that you have an agenda due to your personal dislike of the developer. There's no point in trying to convince others that they shouldn't like the game just because you can't.

Tried out this game last year and found it good. Can't remember why I dropped it then, probably because it was early in development and wanted a super-refined well patched game.

Dang Couchpotato,they must have really pissed you off!

I'm off to patch the game to discover all my characters have been wiped I suppose.
This game is so much better then it was at early Alpha;good cutscenes and music and if I said anything else I would be giving spoilers.

The campaign is suppose to be much shorter then all the multiplayer features that are currently planned and some of it I heard is coming in a very short time.
You don't have to play the campaign in multiplayer but I like how there are extra missions in between the campaign to help fill in the gaps in your experience. They are usually harder so it would help to team up. I also like how you can pick difficulty levels for each mission you do which gives you more reasons to play at a harder level therefore rewarding you.

Always online for single player means no buy for me.

For 'games' where all the play is on a remote server (even single player); I have to ask myself how reliable is the server(ice) provider. In this particular case, while i like a lot of their games, reliability is not their strong point.

There's so many Games Workshop games around, I can't be bothered to remember which one's which anymore.

Yeah, I feel like we're starting to get flooded with Warhammer 40K games at this point. Unfortunately, a lot of them seem mediocre to me.

I'm liking a lot of what I see in this one though. I'd have already purchased it if I didn't have so many games in my queue at the moment.

These games that insist on players continuously being online for a single player game are just annoying. I'll take a huge pass on this one.

I'm not understanding why so many people are against online games. I personally only had a problem with Diablo 3 and some others because of their ridiculous password schemes that would get me locked out of my game usually when I hadn't played in awhile.

Martyr is running off steam and its turn on and go.
It's easy peasy. If it's servers are down then I play something else or do something else.
We are always on the internet anyways and its now the main way to get any game.

I do understand people with limited connections not liking the constant patching. That's what killed eso online for me.

I can only speak for myself, but my issue with online being necessary for a single player game....is that it is a single player game. If you need to be online to play it, simply label it a mmo or multi-player game, and have done with it. A single player game, to me, should function no differently than they have for the past forty years.

I happily feast on those that try to force changes down my throat. Wine and dine me first, at least.

I'm not understanding why so many people are against online games.

If it's servers are down

people with limited connections

I think you simply have different priorities and resources than other people.

Also, I think many people are fine with online games, when the online part is actually a necessary part of the game. Why else live with the evident drawbacks?

It is also not unheard of that game servers are shut down after a few years. There is no guarantee that they patch those games into an offline version. I'm fine with that in case of PoE, because its free.

I think you simply have different priorities and resources than other people.

I don't think he's the minority here. Most people don't have an issue with an online requirement nowadays.

Also, I think many people are fine with online games, when the online part is actually a necessary part of the game. Why else live with the evident drawbacks?

NeocoreGames gives a comprehensive explanation why those chose to go the online route here…
https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/

It's not going to satisfy people who are dead set against not having an offline mode, but at least they took the time to address it and show that their reasons are valid.

I don't think he's the minority here. Most people don't have an issue with an online requirement nowadays.

NeocoreGames gives a comprehensive explanation why those chose to go the online route here…

It's not going to satisfy people who are dead set against not having an offline mode, but at least they took the time to address it and show that their reasons are valid.

I can respect their argument and reasoning, and I do agree with you that they took the time to address the issue. Personally I've played some "newer" Hack & Slay games and those were Dead Island, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn and Path of Exile. The internet limited me in Path of Exile. I had server problems twice, one of those might have been with my local internet, but knowing that didn't reduce my frustration. Personally I found that very annoying, even though I thought the game was decent enough. I also don't care about daily events, coop, corrupted characters (I never had a problem with this), cheating, and all the other reasons that they have decided for making the game online only. I admit, I'm maybe not the target audience for this game, as I'd probably not buy this game even at full price, but I still haven't played Diablo 3, and that's probably because of its online aspect. I gave Path of Exile a chance, because it was free, and supported the developer for what I thought the experience was worth to me, which was far under the selling price for this title.

Yeah the same bullshit reasons I shared before. So nothing new here.:roll:

To add salt to his reasons.

Link - https://www.cheathappens.com/55358-PC-Warhammer-40K-Inquisitor-Martyr-trainer
It has a single player mode where the variables are not stored on the server.
So no need for a constant online connection,and you can still cheat.
Ding…Ding…what I've said about this game multiple times. This game is not a full MMO, and should not require you to maintain a constant online connection to play SP.

Yet no one listens.

Last edited:
a09bc_worlds-smallest-violin.jpeg

Watched a few streams. Same impression as when it was done before.

I'm not understanding why so many people are against online games..

Another sign of the committment to SP.

Online connection generally is simply not a SP feature. It does not belong to it.

Back
Top Bottom