RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Shadows Awakening Preview

Nah, the new game has been in beta for quite a while. Nothing new for me, I don't think. I've had Book Two for a long time...I think. I think the only change I'll get is the word beta dropping off my Library heading :D

I'm not saying don't buy, I'm saying wait for sale or try buying the older version and see if you get the free upgrade. Also, this is very likely the swan song for these guys. I can't imagine this making enough to keep them solvent, but I hope to be wrong. Their heart's in the right place.

"Combat in Shadows Awakening is real-time.."

Running away once it's my turn.

Fixed. Sadly, Shadows Awakening won the initiative - and it's closing in on you :)

See, not everything is better in turn-based mode.

Do I have to click for every attack?

Not sure, but I belief that by targeting your opponent only one click would be enough, but our nut might know.

The developer feedback I received on the duration of the playing time is that 15 hours is a minimum number. You would need to play on a low difficulty and rush through the game and skipping dialogs, in order to get it done in that amount of time.

yeah, got the first. was disapointed. thank god theres a second.
starting the beta now , im happy with it so far, models are good, voices are great,
not really a fan for fantasy, but writing seems on par with the other big rpgs, the belgian studio, watsitcalled

There is not new content under the old game. The new game was added to your library and you have to install it.

I've owned this game forever. If there is new content, I'm having trouble seeing it. It looks like the same game I played two years ago. It definitely isn't worth 40 anything. It's a much, much lesser game than Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. If you can pick it up for $15 or less, then I think it has enough fun to cover that. Think of this as of a single chapter Titan Quest or Grim Dawn where it ends after Chapter Two. That's this game. Plenty of fun for $15. Plus it's fun to hear Dr. Who narrating.

Having Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms (SHK) on steam Shadows Awaking has been in my library for a while now as a beta so I guess if lostforever you have just bought SHK and don't see Shadows Awakening in your library now you might be out of luck.

It kind of makes sense though as the free game was a thank you for buying SHK and then not getting a finished game because of their issues with the publisher. SHK came out in 2014 so any one buying in the last year should know its not finished.
I guess if you have less then 2h playing you can refund it on steam too.

wait, .. we can refund kickstarter games when they release?

cant remember. but anyway, any type of steam code u got. no matter where u got it

No, Steam says this: "You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam".
The keyword is on. So, it is only refunded when bought on Steam.

Good news, just entered the key for Shadows: Heretic Kingdom and I now see Shadows Awakening and its beta in my steam library!

I can't install Shadows Awakening just yet as it says it will unlock in 3 hours.

So not bad for £7!

I bought it from Amazon and they have doubled the price to £14 now however there is a 3rd party seller still selling for £7.50

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shadows-He...2411&sr=8-1&keywords=Shadows:+Heretic+Kingdom

Its physical copy but has steam key inside.

Just a note:
I looked in my Steam library and I played Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms to completion and it took 49 hours. Since that is only Book I of II in Shadows: Awakening, you can get an idea of how long the new game is.

And yes, the new game is in my Steam library; not unlocked yet.

Back
Top Bottom