Dishonored 2 - Worldwide Release 11/11

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Bethesda has just announced that Dishonored 2 will launch worldwide on November 11. They'll show off the gameplay premiere on June 12 at Bethesda's E3 showcase.

May 3, 2016 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced Dishonored 2 will release worldwide on Friday, November 11, 2016 for the Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC. Dishonored 2 is the highly-anticipated first-person action game under development at Arkane Studios, and the follow-up to the 2012 ‘Game of the Year’, Dishonored.
More.

More information.

It's GameInformer June cover too and they got a hub.

I'm looking forward to the game and then not. While I liked the first Dishonored, some of Bethesda's recent tactics aren't really my cup of tea.

and I like tea a lot.

Looks good, but a bit too spoilery.

I'm definetly preordering it.
Bethesda will have season pass for sure, but the first game had separate story DLC that doesn't affect the main game thus I believe the sequel will follow the same path.

It looks almost like a re-skinned Dishonored 1…with a different protagonist? I enjoyed my 1 play through of Dishonored 1, but never felt the need to try again. It will have to have something else to draw me back in. It seems that - as in the the first one- if you're violent (as opposed to sneaky), that will affect the world? That was "neat" the first time, but not if they do it again - they should introduce new concepts (and I don't mean simply new shadowy powers - which I'm sure they will).

So, will this be the first Bethesda.net title? I probably won't indulge in B.net till the next TES.

It looks almost like a re-skinned Dishonored 1…with a different protagonist? I enjoyed my 1 play through of Dishonored 1, but never felt the need to try again. It will have to have something else to draw me back in. It seems that - as in the the first one- if you're violent (as opposed to sneaky), that will affect the world? That was "neat" the first time, but not if they do it again - they should introduce new concepts (and I don't mean simply new shadowy powers - which I'm sure they will).

Dishonored 2 is being developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.[1] The game will run on Bethesda's new internal "Void" engine (based on id tech 6), as opposed to Unreal Engine 3 that was previously used in Dishonored.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishonored_2

It looks almost like a re-skinned Dishonored 1…with a different protagonist?
You can play as Corvo or as Emily the young princess from the first game.
Dishonored 2 is being developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.[1] The game will run on Bethesda's new internal "Void" engine (based on id tech 6), as opposed to Unreal Engine 3 that was previously used in Dishonored.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishonored_2
Great more choppy textures and I'm sure the game will be another 60GB+ install.

Last edited:
I agree with booboo, I enjoyed 1 but I will wait and see once 2 is released. For me the setting of 1 was not particularly my cup of tea (and I do not like all that much tea to begin with) but the game was good enough to carry my interest through that.

The first was superb. I'll be all over this like ticks on a fat dog, bloatware client or not.

(and then expunge all traces of said bloatware once finished, and dip my computer in disinfectant and set fire to my keyboard)

The first was superb. I'll be all over this like ticks on a fat dog, bloatware client or not.

(and then expunge all traces of said bloatware once finished, and dip my computer in disinfectant and set fire to my keyboard)

Dropping the keyboard in acid might be more effective.

I just finished playing D1 so am not I'm going to be installing this immediately, though will definitely be looking forwards to playing it eventually. However, I would be hoping for some new game-play, rather than just more of the same albeit with a new story. Something like a more open world, sandbox-y type of thing would be great; I seem to remember the original Thief games tried to go in that same direction, though never quite realised it.

I really enjoyed the first one, but actually got bored of the DLC. The game ends up very samey after completing the first game for me.

Although I do understand there are multiple paths through the game, it still felt like the same game too much.

I might get it on sale at some point, but we'll see.

I found the first game to be satisfactory whilst simultaneously somehow strangely unsatisfying. There just wasn't quite enough going on and I didn't feel compelled to utilise any of the abilities/powers very much at all when stealth and brute force was so effective.
As potentially an unpopular view as it is, I enjoyed Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis from Arkane's catalogue a whole lot more than Dishonored.

I like the design philosophy behind it very much and the setting and story was certainly enjoyably different - yet it doesn't really scream at me for a replay that much. I'm very curious though to see what the reviews are like and indeed what Raphael Colontonio and his crew does next. :)

Last edited:
Game Informer's next update is a video with new game details.

Link - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/05/04/new-details-on-dishonored-2s-gameplay.aspx
With our June cover story on Dishonored 2 from Arkane Studios, we talk about our experience seeing the game in action. With this video feature, we wanted to give the developers behind the sequel the chance to explain in their own words how things are changing this time around. While visiting Arkane Studios' office in Lyon, we spoke with creative director Harvey Smith and lead designer Dinga Bakaba about what differences players will experience when picking up the controller this time around. They cover a lot of ground, from emphasizing player customization with modifiers to a bold approach for the sequel's level design. The video also debuts several pieces of music from Dishonored 2's soundtrack.

Back
Top Bottom