Encased - Halloween Under the Dome

Redglyph

proud GASP member
As promised, Encased has something coming for this period of Halloween!

Halloween under the Dome!

83d3b6df4feec4b5b96632e1fe4321b30ce44c55.png

Employees: the Dome is once again in danger and it is far more terrifying than any anomaly. On 28 October, the dead will rise from their graves and hunt the living.

Fight the undead and gain cursed seeds for your victories. You can exchange these for a valuable artifact or useful equipment from a new merchant.

Survivors will receive a unique pumpkin helmet; it can be upgraded up to three levels, using the seeds of the dead and other resources.

To get some of the valuable prizes, you will have to meet the Halloween Merchant who is waiting for you in the heart of New Committee City. She sells not only the usual first aid kits and anti-radiation drugs, but also a new valuable artifact available for purchase only in exchange for cursed seeds.

By the way, the merchant will remain in the world under the Dome even after the Halloween event ends, so if you forget to sell the seeds before the end of the event, fear not. However, the skeletons WILL disappear from the game and you so will not be able to get new seeds once the event ends.

Also, to celebrate Halloween, we'll stream via Steam, showing off new content and trying to answer the most interesting questions. Stream will be held at 19:00 CEST on 28 October. See you there!
More information.

Sounds like there going the Atom RPG route. As those devs did the same with timed holiday events. Hopefully they keep the added items and weapons in the game.

I just did an election quest yesterday, and was granted access to the city with another quest in parallel. All that was fun. :) The election is basic of course, but it's another amusing cliché.

I saw a little glitch with the election though. If anyone does it, save before and expect a result to be published. If you see a weird behaviour like the whole event just stops, and the journal doesn't show any progress, reload. I only had this once in 3 times, but there are so many choices in the dialogues that it must be hard to test all cases.

@Couchpotato; Did you see if ATOM had something for Halloween this year?

@Couchpotato Did you see if ATOM had something for Halloween this year?
So far I have to say no as the AtomTeam haven't mentioned anything yet. Might have to wait till later this week. Last year the event was announced on the 28th.:)

I like that we are getting these world events added to SP RPGs :D

It's described in the post: what players earned remains but the Halloween scary stuff disappears.

It says the skeletons will disappear, but the new merchant will remain. I'm fine with that as long as he doesn't keep any of the themed stuff in his inventory.

It says the skeletons will disappear, but the new merchant will remain. I'm fine with that as long as he doesn't keep any of the themed stuff in his inventory.

As I understand it, the items the new merchant is selling are not related to the Halloween theme.

Then there's the special item, but it's "valuable". We'll have to wait and see. Surely no salami or nonsense like that ;)

Would you be shocked if it were a pumpkin-shaped artefact or something like that? I've seen a few special similar items in RPGs (especially MMOs), related to events or special editions, and it never felt out of place. In real life we often own or even carry themed items after all. I'd say it all relies on the good or poor taste of the dev - I sure hope it's not a salami melee weapon for instance.

Update

The update is now available on GOG, should be on Steam as well. It's a 1.68-GB download, that's a lot of pumpkins!

FYI, I doubt any of you follows their stream but just in case, they mentioned a stream at 19:00 CEST today in the post above, but I see on Steam that it's apparently planned for 6pm (so 18:00) CEST instead. Confusion about time zones is not about to finish today ;)

image.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom