Divinity: Original Sin 2

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 3

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Red Dead Redemption 2?

Civilization 6: Inevitable Expansion
2017 will be a good year for RPG fans!

More information.

I know nothing about rising storm, but assumed it wasnt a rpg and just simply a fps.

Talking about 4x, I think Endless Space 2 is much more interesting than an "inevitable" Civ IV expansion.

My personal list would also include Torment: Tides of Numenera, SpaceVenture, and Elex :) Battletech is really looking cool.

Torment: ToN and ELEX for me as well. I expect D: OS 2 to be very good also.

I was impressed with the demo for Resident Evil 7, and I'll definitely be playing that too.

games in general , not just RPGs

Yes, I read that. My point is still true regardless. It appears they don't expect T:ToN to be a big success. But it is rather a niche genre even for RPG, so perhaps they're right. But then why include D:OS2?

Too many games not enough time. Guess we gotta just pick and choose. I think I'll limit myself to 3 new games a year for the next decade; btw there are at least 5 fantastic games not listed and more so the game of the year for 2017 wasn't listed.

Yes, I read that. My point is still true regardless.

It appears they don't expect T:ToN to be a big success.

Big portals like GS or PCG love to take $$$ for reviews, previews and stuff.. even before PR games come into play some editors like Kevin Vanwhatever are already notorioulsy famous for shit taste

"CIV VI: Inevitable expansion" would be a GREAT title for the expansion!

Seems like a quiet year, at least concerning blockbuster titles. Wouldn't be surprised if RDR II sweeps GOTY awards. For Honor, Horizon and Deliverance are missing here.
Also Detroit Become Human and Spiderman could be surprising hits.

DOS2 and Torment are the only ones I am looking forward to this year I think unless I am forgetting something.

Yes, I read that. My point is still true regardless. It appears they don't expect T:ToN to be a big success. But it is rather a niche genre even for RPG, so perhaps they're right. But then why include D:OS2?

The first D:OS sold over 2 millions copies (PC and console combined). For comparison, that is EA's sale number floor for making sequels to their AAA franchises.

In case anyone cares: I have counted 23 RPGs or RPG related games for this year. At least 14 of these have a very high chance to end up on my must have list.
The biggest titles on this list are:

-Mass Effect: Andromeda
-Elex
-Torment: Tides of Numenera
-Divinity: Original Sin 2
-The Bard's Tale 4
-Kingdom Come: Deliverance
-Nier: Automata
-Tales of Berseria

Add a few indie games like "Ghost of Tale", "No Truce with the Furies", "Battle Chasers: Knight War" or "Seven: The Days Long" gone, and you have a lot more to play. Plus action adventures like "Tanzia", "Divinia Chronicles" and "Mages of Mystralia", and everyone can find enough to empty his wallet.

Considering the Fact that I also play classic adventures, can anyone borrow me a few chests full of gold and jewels?
Just kidding. I'll play a lot of that stuff in the over few years when I have time and money.

Back
Top Bottom