Cyberpunk 2077 - AngryJoe's Early Impressions

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
AngryJoe checked out Cyberpunk 2077:

AngryJoe's Early Impressions - Cyberpunk 2077!

THE ANGRY REVIEW IS STILL COMING, THIS IS JUST a Montage of some Early Funny Bugs & Glitches & our Early Impressions!
More information.

I watched only that part.
As usual, the imbecille did not heal after the fall nor has the health regen perk obviously.
I still don't understand how he finishes (if he does) RPGs. As a player, he's totally clueless in singleplayer RPGs.

But the review, I'll definetly watch it for lulz.

Yeah, I've found bugs and now a game-breaking one fairly early ("Talk to Viktor"). There's a work-around, but it's clear this isn't quite ready. It's a pretty neat game, but I recommend waiting for a few patches if you can.

I am enjoying the game on PC a lot after 15 hours, though I have been doing open-world stuff and not the main quests. I am reading everything and taking my time being immersed in Night City, so 15 hours is probably very little of the game so far. I have been experiencing minor glitches which don't affect my enjoyment at all, plus one crash to desktop, so not bad at all in my view.

I like Joe. He and ACG are probably the only two reviewers I trust with my gaming dollars any more when I see games sites giving a broken mess like Cyberpunk 9's and 10's. It's not only a technical joke, the worst I've played at release in 40 years, but it's just not a good game. The story is 50% edge and 50% lord with none of the intelligence to actually make the world it creates or the stories it tells interesting and even Night City is a borefest. It's repetitive, it's poorly designed, it's not even that futuristic. I live in a major US city and aside from the implants and the childish ads everywhere that are more dumb than funny after the first 500 times I see them, I don't see anything that screams exotic sci-fi setting to me. It's more like a cyberpunk texture pack for GTA5 except it isn't as good as that game and that game wasn't that good when it released over 7 years ago.

I like Joe. He and ACG are probably the only two reviewers I trust with my gaming dollars any more when I see games sites giving a broken mess like Cyberpunk 9's and 10's. It's not only a technical joke, the worst I've played at release in 40 years, but it's just not a good game. The story is 50% edge and 50% lord with none of the intelligence to actually make the world it creates or the stories it tells interesting and even Night City is a borefest. It's repetitive, it's poorly designed, it's not even that futuristic. I live in a major US city and aside from the implants and the childish ads everywhere that are more dumb than funny after the first 500 times I see them, I don't see anything that screams exotic sci-fi setting to me. It's more like a cyberpunk texture pack for GTA5 except it isn't as good as that game and that game wasn't that good when it released over 7 years ago.

While I disagree with most of what you said, I do agree that Night City doesn't seem all that alien if you've ever been to Shinjuku ward in Tokyo-- up to and including the cosplay. So if this game hooks you, take a trip there to 'live' Night City, you won't be disappointed.

But as far as gaming is concerned, Night City is a pretty amazing accomplishment. It's the first game I've ever played where the city actually feels alive. There must be thousands of NPCs most players will never see, as they staff their noodle kiosk or widget shop off some dark alley. The attention to detail here is stunning.

I thougt AngryJoe was only about making fun video around the idea of commenting video games, not about commenting seriously video games.

I was perusing some of the user reviews on Metacritic and it seems like most of the 0s are because of poor performance and bugs.

I fully expected poor user reviews mainly because the game is not SJW enough, so this is a bit of good news.

Still, I always weigh user reviews greater than "professional" reviews… wait scratch that… I don't even read "professional" reviews anymore… gave that up more than a decade ago. It's completely unsurprising that the "professional" reviewers put the game at 90% and the PC user reviews down in the 60% range.

I'll probably always be an outsider to this game as the cyberpunk setting is about as disinteresting as it gets FOR ME (also read as, perhaps NOT for you...), but I'm hoping CD Projekt Red pulls through because we could really use a few good gaming companies and it will be sad if we have to watch yet another developer get so greedy they can't make good games anymore.

I've had a ton of crashes myself. Had one that stopped my game everytime on the way to one of the early story missions, until I figured out I could drive way around this weird geographical bug.

It has really sapped by drive to play this game, as I'm not really sure I need another GTA V. I hope it has enough lifestyle activities later, rather than storied missions, so I can simply exist in the world, like I do in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I live in a major US city and aside from the implants and the childish ads everywhere that are more dumb than funny after the first 500 times I see them, I don't see anything that screams exotic sci-fi setting to me. It's more like a cyberpunk texture pack for GTA5 except it isn't as good as that game and that game wasn't that good when it released over 7 years ago.

I am concerned about the dumb and repetitive ads. But I'm a GTA5 fan so if it's the cyberpunk version (Night City that is) then count me in, and others seem to feel it's detailed living and breathing city.

I'm going to see how far I get with my Witcher series replaythrough and then by that time hopefully user mods will make the city have less of the silly nonsense and also some patches released to clean up the glitches. And then I'll buy the game. It's not a matter of If, just When.

But as far as gaming is concerned, Night City is a pretty amazing accomplishment. It's the first game I've ever played where the city actually feels alive. There must be thousands of NPCs most players will never see, as they staff their noodle kiosk or widget shop off some dark alley. The attention to detail here is stunning.

It's not the first in-game city to feel alive to me, but I agree it's pretty damn impressive. I find myself stopping sometimes just to look around and marvel at the visuals and the design of it all.

Now if only I could find a parking spot. ;)

I have to agree the game is stunning - love how it looks. I love the atmosphere of the whole place. I so love the adds and displays and all the details that help bring the city to life. They really did a great job with making the city feel alive and unique.

I'm about 25 hours in only did two main missions and a ton of side gigs. Only had a few bugs, glitches, and one GPU crash due to it overheating. Overall a good experience.

So no I don't trust paid are user reviews that much anymore especially the 0-5's.

I have to agree the game is stunning - love how it looks. I love the atmosphere of the whole place. I so love the adds and displays and all the details that help bring the city to life. They really did a great job with making the city feel alive and unique.
I agree the city is impressive.

Re-post of my comment from another thread..

Eh I'm enjoying my time with it but every new game is a bugfest nowadays. My opinion is people expected to much and with modern hardware you can only do so much.

We can't have living breathing city immersion sims yet. Average player's couldn't afford the needed hardware. Probably need whole server rooms just to render.

I seriously hope I live to see a holographic room like Star Trek. I'll die happily. Anyway Cyberpunk 2077 is my GOTY of 2020 along with Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Maybe CDPR should partner with Ubisoft and their Anvil Next engine. It can render living breathing game-worlds. I'm salivating at the thought right now. Please CDPR.:please:

The game could have used a few more months of bug-fixing, but so far I only had minor glitches like two NPCs standing in the same spot and so far only one T-pose. Not one hard CTD for me as of yet.

I am 20 h in and have a load of fun!

The game could have used a few more months of bug-fixing, but so far I only had minor glitches like two NPCs standing in the same spot and so far only one T-pose. Not one hard CTD for me as of yet.

I am 20 h in and have a load of fun!
I saw a few T poses including your own shadow. Yes, your character can be stuck in T pose, but if you aren't outside watching your shadow, you won't notice it ever. ;) Happened once though.

No crashes on my side.

Apart from preety much ignorable glitches, the only bug I really hated was looting a body on a chair. You need to find a soft spot on the body (a foot) and loot it on that one pixel otherwise the sidequest can't be solved. It's in badlands.
Generally you can't loot stuff sometimes, but I just skippit as it doesn't get quests stuck. This time however... Cold sweat.

I was perusing some of the user reviews on Metacritic and it seems like most of the 0s are because of poor performance and bugs.

I fully expected poor user reviews mainly because the game is not SJW enough, so this is a bit of good news.

Still, I always weigh user reviews greater than "professional" reviews… wait scratch that… I don't even read "professional" reviews anymore… gave that up more than a decade ago. It's completely unsurprising that the "professional" reviewers put the game at 90% and the PC user reviews down in the 60% range.

I'll probably always be an outsider to this game as the cyberpunk setting is about as disinteresting as it gets FOR ME (also read as, perhaps NOT for you…), but I'm hoping CD Projekt Red pulls through because we could really use a few good gaming companies and it will be sad if we have to watch yet another developer get so greedy they can't make good games anymore.

Maybe it is just me, but I would love to see a futuristic world that is not post apocalyptic (and the Fallout-like subset) or Cyberpunk. I am not a huge fan of either.

Maybe it is just me, but I would love to see a futuristic world that is not post apocalyptic (and the Fallout-like subset) or Cyberpunk. I am not a huge fan of either.
So Deus Ex or Mass Effect?

Back
Top Bottom