BG3 Baldur's Gate 3 News Thread

Baldur's gate 3
I played a bit with the new patch. Is it my imagination or does it look better? The lighting seems better. Things looks more crisp (and I had textures and models set to medium b/c when last I played, my performance wasn't very good)

The patch notes said they improved visuals.

I also started a new playthrough with a druid. With a friend this time who has not played it before. Loving it. The reactions are fun to follow :p This game is my favorite new game since Kingmaker. One thing I am still missing quite dearly (very minor spoilers):

The crash landing scene should really take place during the night. Now it feels too much DOS2 and has a too positive vibe to it. Even if they could not add day and night cycles for some reason, they could make the scene at night similar they do in another place later in the game.

Also, I don't remember so much fire in the nautiloid ship previously. Were those added or do I remember wrong? Anyway, they are a great thing making the ship feel more dangerous and real.

Also enjoy the Druid. It won't be my main/canon when the game comes out, I already know that will be my Drow Rogue, but they did a nice job on the details. I become more and more impressed with the game and all the attention they give it. So many options and things to do. Also a very impressive EA experience overall. I have played released games that aren't as polished as this one.

Been playing for a bit (level 3 now) although left my Druid at level 2 and went back t my Drow Rogue as he is so much fun to play. Plus I wanted to compare to key things in the game to see if they changed - Dealing with Kharga (sp?) the druid, and dealing with Nellie (or is it Nettie).

I had a lot of different options in general with the druids as a druid. So that changed interactions with both of them. But I know they had complaints about how both those interactions were so took my rogue though it again.

So they did change some things, gave more options in dialogue, lowered the roll difficulty, and how the dialogue paths are laid out. A little disappointed in making it easier but on the other hand most people were re-rolling those from their stats and the way they added more stuff was plausible and made sense.

4th time during the druid grove and finding some more stuff. Don't think they added it with the patches either - just stuff I didn't think to explore or missed talking with someone. Really a lot you can do there.

I gave up on the ranger simply because I don't like how your animal companion is a summons. Doesn't feel right. So would say Rogue is favorite.

Rogue is my favorite too but it can't polymorph to a badger! Nothing beats that. Nothing.

Hotfix #8 has been released by Larian.
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3026953890954313695

With this hotfix we've addressed some of the most common crashing issues, a few dialogue trigger points getting stuck, and an issue with inventory being empty after pickpocketing a party member. And please note if you are experiencing crashes on startup or getting an error message about .pak files when loading savegames, please verify your files.

To access the latest updates to the game, make sure you have opted out of all beta branches on Steam and have your game set to automatically update. This will bring through the most up to date version of the game for you.

Changelist:
  • Fixed certain dialogue trigger checkpoints not working or getting stuck. This was related to being in Wild Shape while triggering dialogues.
  • Fixed a possible crash when saving.
  • Fixed a crash related to a VRAM leak.
  • Fixed a crash related to PhysX materials.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing tooltips by hovering over combatants while someone joins or leaves the game.
  • Fixed a rare crash when entering character creation.
  • Fixed a rare crash when an object falls into a chasm.
  • Fixed a crash related to incorrect or corrupted game files.
  • Fixed a crash related to closing containers if too many were opened by pressing escape quickly.
  • Fixed empty inventory after pickpocketing a party member.

Well seems granny loves playing the game.:cool:

Grandma Plays Baldur's Gate 3

Baldur's Gate 3 VS DoS 2: A Detailed Comparison!

Baldur's Gate 3 VS DoS 2: A Detailed Comparison! Should you play BG3 or Divinity Original Sin? We'll be comparing Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 and talking about the similarities of the two games as well as the differences to enlighten you of what you can expect. Both games are made by Larian Studios and share some common assets, but just how similar are they?

Baldur's Gate 3 VS DoS 2: A Detailed Comparison!
Had submitted that one not long ago for the news, good to see you spotted it too :) It's pretty interesting even if that's a "quick" overview, and it wasn't an easy task because it's comparing quite two different systems when it comes to combat.

The safest conclusion should probably be: if you didn't like D:OS2, you shouldn't like BG3 too much, but that's the "half-empty glass" approach so it's not politically correct :lol: And the other way round is not obvious unfortunately, but we knew that. Personally I like both even if sometimes they put my teeth on edge with the AoE (Fextralife says they're mostly absent in BG3 but I strongly disagree with that).

Baldur's Gate 3 News (Release Year, Patch 5, Studio Update..)

In this video I will be bringing you some Baldur's Gate 3 news, as we recently got to watch an interview with Larian Studio's CEO Swen Vincke.

This was already shared on the front-page but what the hell.

This is an archive news thread.:biggrin:

Baldur's Gate 3: What's Next For The Game?

Our resident CRPG nerd Dave Jewitt sits down with Larian's Swen Vincke to catch up on Baldur's Gate 3's development, what the future holds for BG3, and we are made to roll a D20 to find out if it's coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X…It wasn't a nat 20…

Baldur's Gate 3 - Are These Homebrew Rules Good?

In this video I am going to go over the current homebrew rules in Baldur's gate 3's early access. Much of this is subject to channge with time and testing, but it's important to give feedback and discuss these things.

Baldur's Gate 3 News (Release Year, Patch 5, Studio Update..)

Don't feel like I'm watching a 10-minute long video only to get this answer: what's the release year, after all?

Don't feel like I'm watching a 10-minute long video only to get this answer: what's the release year, after all?
2022 but that's not set in stone as it may move to 2023. Seems the game is becoming more complicated and larger then Swen predicted when he announced it in 2019.
Patch 5 next week for anyone playing the EA :)

More info (including the next panel from hell), and how to set the options for the unfortunate ones who bought it on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/2970669042943132348
No new content but many fixes to the rules and other areas of the game. :(

Community Update #13 - Breadth & Depth

When we launched Baldur's Gate 3 into Early Access we were overwhelmed by how many of you wanted to be involved in the process. We've been looking at all of your feedback, suggestions and discussions in various forums and have been working on increasing the breadth & depth, as well as introducing a list of quality of life changes.

Here's WolfheartFPS' take on patch 5.

I see that I had misunderstood the new ration system they proposed. Apparently we can rest with various food items, it's not the 10-kg ration per person. Anyway, we'll see how it looks on release, that may still change a few times.

I'm glad they separated jump and disengage, and that they put disengage as an action, makes it closer to D&D. Hopefully rogues will still have disengage as cunning action. The new camping is also very good news for immersion. :)

Back
Top Bottom