The Bard's Tale IV - Free Game for First Pledgers

I don't have W2 so another more reason to instant pledge!

With The Witcher being crap Action Games I guess I'll pass on this I guess. I assume that is what this new Bards Tale game is then.

Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

Damn, this is going make it harder for me to get the early bird pledge in :D (I already own WL2 and both witchers).

I am not sure if this is smart business for InXile. My guess is they still want to earn some money from WL2 GotY on PC, but with this move that money will be very little.
Seems they hope the console sales will do well but someone should tell them even Xcom 2012 did "poor" on consoles.

Last edited:
I don't know - I think people who would back Bard's Tale IV already own the Witcher series and the Wasteland series.

I'm the exception to your rule there HiddenX; for whatever reason I've not picked up Wasteland 2 yet (it's been on my steam wishlist for awhile…). Thus, I'll definitely be jumping on this offer. Looking forward to seeing the kickstarter!

*blows his fire horn and raises a tankard*.
Edit:
Backed. Thanks to Lostforever for the heads-up.

Last edited:
The combo with the Witcher just seems a little odd, or am I missing something here?

The combo with the Witcher just seems a little odd, or am I missing something here?

CD Projekt wants to boost even more sales for Witcher 3. By giving W1 or W2 for free is a good way to show how they support the community, which is something they really do.

I don't see anything odd here.
In fact… Any rumors on CDpr opening or buying a studio somewhere near Inxile HQ? :D
Just imagine. Possible budget plus the combined talent. BT xth in TW3 world full of humor? I wish I won't die before it happens.

Old BT games were basically endless trashmob grinders. I hope the fourth one will get rid of that thing. Since regardless of humor I just can't be arsed to play such games any more, will wait for more details before I back it.

Last edited:
I don't know - I think people who would back Bard's Tale IV already own the Witcher series and the Wasteland series.

Why do you say that? Wasteland 2 maybe, but the Witcher games are twitch action RPGs while Bard's Tales (well the good ones) are party turn-based, so I can see Wasteland there but not the Witcher.

Why do you say that? Wasteland 2 maybe, but the Witcher games are twitch action RPGs while Bard's Tales (well the good ones) are party turn-based, so I can see Wasteland there but not the Witcher.

Because most people are rpg players in general, all twitch, rtwp, and turn-based get bought. I'd say most of us here fit that mold and it is our niche that backs crpg kickstarters.

I pledged for the premium collectors edition, wanted to get in early in case the early bird sold out. 95 + 17 for shipping.

$55k in less than 10 min, so very good going! I am thinking of going for $55 so I also get Torment as well!

For the those who don't have Torment:ToN by pledging USD 55,00 you can get it as well:

THE TORMENTED BARD

What does one Bard's life matter? This all-digital reward tier lets you get your game on. Receive a digital copy of THE BARD'S TALE IV and TORMENT:TIDES OF NUMENERA upon its release, along with a digital version of the Torment Manual too.

But I guess everyone here already have Torment ... :)

Why does Kickstarter STILL only allow SD presentation videos after all these years? Seriously, no HD option? It's totally incomprehensible.

Pledged 20 for now. But looking at the physical 95$ tier.
I still have all 3 Bards Tale boxes around and the 4th would look great among them

Wow - love watching how fast the $$ is building. Don't care about the freebies as I already own them all, but just love to support these things.

I don't like that they made a kid swear in the video, that was pretty low.

Apart from that it's a bit arrogant to show nothing but concept art and a burning 3D corridor and ask for so much money in exchange, when most projects that do this get lambasted.

I've not seen confirmation it will be a grid-based game either.

I went in for fifty bucks, don't need any more stuff cluttering the house, so I went for a digital package. I'm sure they'll have no problem whatsoever hitting their goal with a bullet.

Back
Top Bottom