Mass Effect: Andromeda - ME Games Ranking

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN has ranked all Mass Effect games:

A definitive ranking of all the Mass Effect games, from worst to best

Thanks to the recent launch of Mass Effect: Andromeda, there are now even more ways to be wrong when it comes to ranking BioWare’s space opera and dating sim series. The last thing anybody wants is to be ostracised by society for having a criminally misguided opinion.

[...]

4 - Mass Effect: Andromeda

[...]

3 - Mass Effect

[...]

2 - Mass Effect 3

[...]

1 - Mass Effect 2

[...]
Farflame wants to know if the Watchers agree :)

More information.

Disagree :)

IMHO ME1 was the best.
Yes, the combat was clunky. Yes, it was somewhat repetitive.
BUT. It was the most Bioware RPG-like game of the lot.
PLUS. The premise. OMG the premise! The premise for starting something new, cool, mysterious sci-fi stuff after the fantasies of Baldur or Neverwinter.

I've bought my X360 because of ME1. 'Nuff said :)

1 is the best, 3 is the worst. I haven't played Andromeda and probably won't till it hits the bargain bin, which was when I also bought all of its predecessors. The only great thing about part 3 was I found the minigames the least boring. Part 2 had the most memorable companions. Part 1 scores big points from me for both its mechanics and overall story.

He explains that just an end problem is just 15mn, in fact it's less than 5mn. I have no analysis and totally don't care of the IP logic or anything, but at end of 1rst play it was clear for me ME3 did many thing quite better than ME2.

No way ME3 was the DA2 disaster, it's been just because of some groups, seriously who care of ME IP tiny details and logic you imagined in your head? Some hardcore fans only.

That said it's very difficult to sort them, in a way, they have each a rather different style.

3 better than 1? no way

Yes way :biggrin: . I haven't played Andromeda yet beyond the 10 hour free trial but so far I completely concur with the ranking. It's spot on.

Yeah, hard to believe ME isn't 2nd place. ME is defiantly rough around the edges, especially combat but it a solid 2nd place. Hell, if the morons at ea had actually made ME on/for the dominate gaming platform it would have improved greatly.

I haven't played ME:A yet, but there's no way most rational people would rank ME3 ahead of ME. Personally, I'd even rank ME ahead of ME2.

ME1 and Mako is the best. Even in my worst hairday.
Unlike Moriendor I disagree completely with the list.

Preference lists are only good for generating disagreement. So hey, they've come to the right forum...

I haven't played ME:A yet, but there's no way most rational people would rank ME3 ahead of ME. Personally, I'd even rank ME ahead of ME2.

Depends on the player. Ranking is based on what people like in games and MEA really brought forward that some people prefer ME2/ME3 linear corridor shooter design over ME1/MEA more open design with planet exploration and vehicle.

ME1 > ME2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ME3 > Ass Effect: Gayomeda

First had the best story, lore, worldbuilding, visual style and OST.
Second: characters, dialogue, end game mission, side quests.
Andromeda is an odd bird here. Best combat, playstyle variety, has some quality content, but feels bloated, unfocused, poorly directed and lacking at what made others more memorable.
Third is weakest overall, but comes with best DLC.

Take in account time of the release and first is still easily the best.

Reply to all concerned [though likely pointless given the circumstances :p ] the list in the OP is from worst to best, not best to worst.

If I read it right, of course ;)

Farflame wants to know if the Watchers agree :)

Nice. I wanted to know if there is some Watcher who agree. It seems that Moriendor will be lone winner. :)

And lackblogger wins small prize for the most confused Watcher of the month. Congratulations. ;) (no pun intended)

At 80 hours I think that I am only about 2/3 of the way through ME:A, so I'm not sure of my ranking, but aside from that is 40-60 hours of a great game (ME2 was great, ME3 was great until the ending) better than 120 hours of a very good game (ME:A is very good in my view)? I don't know.

I guess it's ME2 > MEA > ME3 >> ME1 for me, though how MEA ends will influence my ranking.

ME1 was good for its introduction to the ME universe, as well as storyline and some other aspects, but having many cookie-cutter areas was a big downside for me. I enjoyed ME1 quite a bit but not as much as the others.

Played them all.
1 - Mass Effect.
2 - Mass Effect 3
3 - Mass Effect 2
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 - Mass Effect Assdromeda

Back
Top Bottom