Return of the Daily Smile

vaccine_research.png

pibbuR

tl;dr; But it IS funny, not just pibbuR-funny.

A man walks out to the street and catches a taxi just going by. He gets into the taxi, and the cabbie says, "Perfect timing. You're just like Frank."

Passenger: "Who?"

Cabbie: "Frank Feldman. He's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happened like that to Frank Feldman every single time."

Passenger: "There are always a few clouds over everybody."

Cabbie: "Not Frank Feldman. He was a terrific athlete. He could have won the Grand-Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano. He was an amazing guy."

Passenger: "Sounds like he was really something special."

Cabbie: "There's more. He had a memory like a computer. He remembered everybody's birthday. He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Not like me. I change a fuse, and the whole street blacks out. But Frank Feldman could do everything right.” Passenger: "Wow, what a guy!"

Cabbie: "He always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Frank, he never made a mistake, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never answer her back even if she was in the wrong; and his clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too. He was the perfect man! He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Frank Feldman."

Passenger: "How did you meet him?"

Cabbie: "I never actually met Frank. He died and I married his wife."

pibbuR who observes that lately it's mostly him, and the ripper (hilarious jokes, BTW!!!) who posts in this thread.

pibbuR who observes that lately it's mostly him, and the ripper (hilarious jokes, BTW!!!) who posts in this thread.

My apologies Pibs.

Maybe this can keep my account current for a few weeks longer:

1djMMyK.png

LB, who is aware that some here may view LB similarly, but hopefully not to quite the same extent!

morty.jpg

The wolverine display one reminds me of the Watch, on occasion. :p

Last edited:
Long, long, long ago, there was even a screensaver with "The Far Side". Developed by Delrina, which got bought by Symantec solely for their fax program - and they let go everything else. The rest is history.
Their "Opus & Bill" screensavers were pretty funny, imho.

From an off topic discussion at the Codeproject (https://www.codeproject.com/Lounge.aspx?msg=5835208#xx5835208xx):

• I asked the waitress for a quickie and she slapped me so hard my cheek is still glowing red. The old woman next to me said "it's pronounced 'quiche', dear.
  • Strange 'restaurants' you have in your part of the world. Are they something like the 'coffee shops'?
  • Are you insinuating there is something wrong with our coffee shops? they serve excellent coffee!
  • The coffee is fine, but the brownies have an odd taste.
pibbuR who has been in NL and got served coffee in places (admittedly not the smelly ones) where he expcected to be served coffee.

PS There's also a short discussion about words you can spell in hexadecimal. Like 0xc0ffee. Could be a project DS

Last edited:
I suspect a high-grade Amsterdam brownie accidentally consumed by the uninitiated would be an alarming experience. Likely to result in a visit to the Emergency Room, or possibly a breakthrough in their programming.

Back
Top Bottom