Christmas time

What will you be doing over the Christmas holidays?

• A. Playing PC games of course

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • B. Board games, finally

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • C. Binge-watching

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • D. Endless talking/listening

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • E. Preparing lunches/dinners

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • F. Healthy physical activities outdoors

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • G. Going to the movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H. Attending church

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I. Vacationing somewhere

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • J. Other things

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
We don't have room for Christmas tree in our place :( But this year, we are thinking of picking up a small live pine tree in a pot and decorate it.

Every Christmas, my hubby and I cook scrumptious Christmas meal, stuff ourselves, watch a movie (usually Love Actually) and play PC games :) So we will probably do that again this year!

Here are two more questions:

1. Do you have a real tree, fake, or no tree?

2. What’s your favourite classic Christmas song/movie?
1. If I'm asked - no tree.

2.1. Favorite christmas movie(s):
- Bad Santa
- Bad Santa 2
- Rare Exports
- 36.15 code Père Noël

2.2. Favorite christmas song that isn't really christmas song but is abused when it's christmas:

Here are two more questions:

1. Do you have a real tree, fake, or no tree?

2. What’s your favourite classic Christmas song/movie?

1. Fake for ~15 years or so, due to wife and younger son's allergies. It was like a light-switch when we changed in terms of how they felt!

2. Movies? Die Hard and A Christmas Story are my faves :)

Song ... here is a new song I have been enjoying:

I also have fond memories of this one:
Hijo de la luna is not a christmas song. :)

But… If we can call any song as beautiful, that's the one.
For the obvious extremely emotional yet soft for ears reason it's a sure bet to win even with an average voice, but you know me, I always want something extra instead of the original material. For example this unprobable duo did it justice:

Last edited:
I don't really get the hate for real Christmas trees. Trees are a renewable resource, and the small ones used for this purpose aren't century-aged old growth. But hey, if you think it's more environmentally friendly to support an industry that manufactures fake trees out of fossil fuels, go for it.

When I was a kid my family used to drive out to a tree farm each year and cut down a real tree. These days my wife and I use one of those foot-tall plastic ones. It's less effort, easier to clean up after, and poses less fire risk. It does feel less festive but I can live with that.

Does "Grandma Cooked The Dog" count as a Christmas song?

Trees are a renewable resource
So are people. Do we kill people for fun at festives? Yea we did in the past. At some places we also do it today.

Anyway, if you ask me, do what you want. Tree, no tree, plasic or wooden, virtual or lightshow, anything. I'm not judging as long as you can accept me stating humanity is rotten to the core. :)

How’s Loke doing? Already listening/responding to you? Anything else that is worth mentioning to a cat lover?

2e3uK0J.jpg

So yeah he's doing well. Mornings can be hell because other lifeforms needing a bit of sleep is seemingly very, very uninteresting to him. Play is important stuff.

He understands "no", "food" and i'm pretty sure he understands "play" too.

Christmas Song: Jennifer Nettles version of O' Holy Night
Christmas Movie: White Christmas

I want a real tree this year. I bet my kitten would find it interesting…

Don't use tinsel if you have a cat. They can eat it and die because it gets tangled in their guts.

As for me, no tree this year. Just happy to enjoy a peaceful and hopefully snowy Christmas. Favorite Christmas movie is still Home Alone 2. The first one is good too but the second really nails it with the festive atmosphere.

If you are really worried about the environmental impact, either do not buy a tree or buy a potted one that you can plant afterwards. Works best if you do not have to drive it home in your car.

Regardless, I can very much understand everyone who prefers a tree that is less likely to set your house on fire. Although, using LEDs instead of candles and/or a tree that still lives should work well, too.

Forgive me, dunno how, I forgot there is a fifth one to add to my list of the best christmas movies - a friend reminded me:

Back
Top Bottom