Pillars of Eternity II - Launch Date April 3rd

As previous game, I went all in at kickstarter (now fig for poe II) as I wanted to support the Obsidian. Signed CE for both games with some T-Shirts for my kid when he grows up and D&D like figures of main characters. I just like people that work there and their enthusiasm.

PoE I was a great game. Especially now with the 2 expansions out and all the patches.

PoE II looks even better and I can hardly wait to play it.

I presume everyone is entitled to comment whatever they want... so I made my comment. Sorry it is positive.

Best,
AA

As previous game, I went all in at kickstarter (now fig for poe II) as I wanted to support the Obsidian. Signed CE for both games with some T-Shirts for my kid when he grows up and D&D like figures of main characters. I just like people that work there and their enthusiasm.

PoE I was a great game. Especially now with the 2 expansions out and all the patches.

PoE II looks even better and I can hardly wait to play it.

I presume everyone is entitled to comment whatever they want… so I made my comment. Sorry it is positive.

Best,
AA

I'm certainly going to be playing it on release. I generally do prefer to replay originals before sequels are released, so that means I have to get started in not too long. I'm expecting a good run through PoE1 and 2, so you're hardly alone. :)

There is nothing wrong nowadays to wait for all dlc's to be released and patched up.

I have so many games to play already that I really do not need to buy any game in the next few years…

But I was so happy that someone started to make games that I love. That is why I supported everything from Obsidian and InXile.

We have Wasteland 3 and BT 4 coming this or next year. Obsidian is working on something big still unannounced.

Guys at Beamdog took over NWN support. It is great and although I have numerous copies of NWN I bought it again to support people there. PW servers are getting more people and old modders are updating modules and creating a new ones. Modders that didn't think they will come back to NWN again.

I am happy that I have money to do this. Not everyone has. I was there also for a big part of my life.

Happy times :)

Edit: On the opposite, I stopped buying Bioware games after DA:O and ME2... I adored Bioware and what they made, but they really went somewhere else in their games...

I don't think all comments have been negative. I just think games are getting too expensive, in general. AAA games are going for 80 to 100 dollars and over these days. It's like, wtf. Anyway.

There have been videos of Josh Sawyer talking about multiclassing and character progession whre it seemed obvious that he is still in charge. So as long as you're not talking about other mechanics you're out of luck.

Ah, oh well. Still looking forward to it.

I don't think all comments have been negative. I just think games are getting too expensive, in general. AAA games are going for 80 to 100 dollars and over these days. It's like, wtf. Anyway.

Yeah...

Everything seems more expensive nowadays... Look at the hardware especially memory and graphic cards.

For games it seems a little better if one do not need to play a game at its release. There are so many discounts one can get for 60 to 80% discount in just one year.

The first one was decent, and I don't regret giving them funds for it, but this one I'll grab on the five buck sale sometime in the future.

There is Humble Paradox bundle where PoE I can be bought for $7 and in the same bundle Stellaris for $12.

Having said that I will contact admins here to give them PoE key to distribute in the next giveaway.

I presume everyone is entitled to comment whatever they want… so I made my comment. Sorry it is positive

Nah, don't be sorry - positivity is good! I don't think this is a particularly negative thread though.

I'm looking forward to playing it. But when a game is going to get loads of DLC that's likely to increase the experience I just tend to wait for it to come out. It used to be different when you had expansions that added a post-game experience, but DLC often tends to add new areas for the game itself - eg the White Marches and Bastards Wound etc. I don't have a problem with this particularly, but I've got loads of games to play so I'm generally happy to wait till it's ready.

I'm hoping they don't have three Day 1 DLCs though. I don't think it will affect me as a backer, but still… just feels shady

I am also very much looking forward to this game although I still have to finish the first. But I have played enough of the first to get in deep and know I enjoy it.

Nah, don't be sorry - positivity is good! I don't think this is a particularly negative thread though.

I'm looking forward to playing it. But when a game is going to get loads of DLC that's likely to increase the experience I just tend to wait for it to come out. It used to be different when you had expansions that added a post-game experience, but DLC these days tends to add new areas for the game itself - eg the White Marches and Bastards Wound etc. I don't have a problem with this particularly, but I've got loads of games to play so I'm generally happy to wait till it's ready.

I'm hoping they don't have three Day 1 DLCs though. I don't think it will affect me as a backer, but still… just feels shady

I think DLC's will come late and I wholly agree with you that DLC's that are adding new content in the middle of the game kinda force me to not play the game on release, but wait when everything is out.

The only thing that stops me doing just that is that I already pledged and will play it on day one :) due to that.

Wait, is Beakhead a pet or a First Mate? Huh. Sounds kinky.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing the thrice patched version. As for the DLC, well I can always wait until I'm ready to replay it and the stuff is on sale.

Wait, is Beakhead a pet or a First Mate? Huh. Sounds kinky.

In Deadfire, pets have bonuses when you slot them on your character. They might also be tied to the ship crew system (which we can't play with in the beta). Josh did said that ship crew options aren't all kits (term that covers all the playable races).

My problem with DLCs is that I play an RPG, finish it, uninstall it and never play it again.
For RPGs I prefer sequels, instead of 5 DLCs and then a sequel 4 years later, I prefer if they just release a new game 2 years later instead.

Depends on the quality of the final project (not just technical but writing).

You have to say one thing about PoE2. Obsidian knows how to get a game out on time and keep a schedule. Seems like the games I have been excited about take forever to come out.

I pre-ordered PoE I to support Obsidian. Installed and played on day 1... and was dissapointed. After a year of patches the game got better, but still the combat was a bit chaotic and the systems were unnecessarily convoluted.

PoE II could be a good game, but I will definitely wait a year before buying this time. With Kingmaker I should be set for 2018.

Yeah, I don't know why I bothered with buying the DLCs. If the DLCs come out much later than the game release, then I probably won't play them for a long while. Haven't played the POE DLC.

Back
Top Bottom