|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game(s) you bought

Default Last game(s) you bought

October 24th, 2018, 18:20
Son'y DualShock 4 controller… best damn game controller in the world. Use it with DS4Windows and get like 8 extra re-programmable functions compared to that primitive Xbox One/Steam controller that feels like a melted soccer ball in your hands. Just thought I'd pop my head in this thread for a second to say that

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 24th, 2018, 18:49
Originally Posted by JackOfOwls View Post
Son'y DualShock 4 controller… best damn game controller in the world. Use it with DS4Windows and get like 8 extra re-programmable functions compared to that primitive Xbox One/Steam controller that feels like a melted soccer ball in your hands. Just thought I'd pop my head in this thread for a second to say that
I also use the DualShock 4 with DS4Windows, and yeah, it's great. Definitely my favorite among all the gamepads I've tried. I don't use it for many PC games, but it's perfect for when I'm playing emulated console titles.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

October 24th, 2018, 23:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I also use the DualShock 4 with DS4Windows, and yeah, it's great. Definitely my favorite among all the gamepads I've tried. I don't use it for many PC games, but it's perfect for when I'm playing emulated console titles.
I always buy one when they're on sale for $29 shipped. Well, actually I only own two. The first one purchased several years ago is still going strong. Ironically, when I bought that first DS4 controller I thought it was the most useless gimmicky piece of shit ever made. Some guy at a computer trade show in China whose booth is one giant RGB LED must have designed this, I assumed. "What the fuck is this thing?" I growled when I first saw that touchpad for example. Little did I know that it was 8 extra buttons (including Swipes) I could re-program. It remained in storage for another year as I continued to use my Xbox360 controllers. Then I discovered DS4Windows, and all was different. All my Xbox One/360 controllers are now in permanent storage

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

October 29th, 2018, 17:16
I picked up Disgaea Five for the computer today. I already own it for the Switch, but only played maybe three hours and don't mind starting over, as I simply love these games. It's only been out a week so far, so I'm not sure when I'll actually play it, might hold off another week or so.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

October 29th, 2018, 20:30
How are the kb/m controls ?

Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I picked up Disgaea Five for the computer today. I already own it for the Switch, but only played maybe three hours and don't mind starting over, as I simply love these games. It's only been out a week so far, so I'm not sure when I'll actually play it, might hold off another week or so.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

October 29th, 2018, 20:34
I've not tried it out on the computer as of yet, right now I'm downloading it as I just finished Technomancer today. I can pop in and see how the keyboard and mouse function, that's easily done and I'll report back here in this thread.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

October 29th, 2018, 22:47
Well, that was easy enough. Downloaded the game and played the first scenario twice, first using keyboard and second time using a controller. It played flawlessly on both, with no lag or latency that I noticed. I prefer the keyboard myself, except for those times that I recline back and use the controller instead. Time to game on, doood!!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

November 19th, 2018, 05:49
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

Funny thing is, I don't even have a PS4. However, I decided this week that I'm getting a PS4 Pro sometime between now and Christmas. Hopefully I'll get a discount on Black Friday. I happened to walk into a Gamestop today and they were already running a Black Friday sale for some of the games. HZD was only $10 so I grabbed it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 19th, 2018, 16:30
I'll get a PS4 someday when it's down to $40 on eBay I'm sure.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

November 19th, 2018, 18:14
Not me, I'll just stick with my computer and hope any really good titles will make it there eventually. I believe I'm done with consoles.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

November 19th, 2018, 18:21
Dino Crisis. I was a bit disappointed to see this not make the cut for the Playstation Classic. After they revealed the final 15 games and DC wasn't on there, I looked it up on the PSN store and picked it up.

Movement is a bit…wonky? Archaic? Hard to describe. It takes a little getting used to, but the slow pace of the game allows you to get accustomed to the control scheme. I'm getting a lot of old school Resident Evil and even Parasite Eve vibes, which is always welcome in my opinion.

@JDR13, you won't be disappointed with HZD. I think the game world is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. I think it's genuinely one of the best looking games, and I still can't believe they achieved that on a console.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

November 19th, 2018, 18:21
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Not me, I'll just stick with my computer and hope any really good titles will make it there eventually. I believe I'm done with consoles.
Me neither. But it's HZD and it's JDR. Him spending $ on Antikythera mechanism and not on a new 10hours long, 50 gigs big, Doom, cmon, it's positive news worth thumbing up!
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

November 19th, 2018, 19:55
Originally Posted by JackOfOwls View Post
I'll get a PS4 someday when it's down to $40 on eBay I'm sure.
I hope that's with HZD included.

In all seriousness, the last of us and HZD are really games that I want to play. Probably much higher on the list than other games I recently bought, but i just can't be bothered buying a console for it. It's not even about money, just laziness

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

November 19th, 2018, 21:24
I'd like to play hzd and last of us but will wait till they come to the pc and if they don't they don't.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 19th, 2018, 21:26
I picked up a couple dirt cheap games during the Halloween sale, (both games under $5)

I got The Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood (old west shooter)
and
Hard West deluxe edition -includes the expansion/dlc (it's a tactics turn based game with an interesting setting of old west and horror)
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 19th, 2018, 22:27
Since there were price drops i bought

Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
(PS4)

…and i instantly regretted it. it's a bad / old habit, really.. "ohh it's half the price! I must buy since it's supposed to be so good!!!". They'll most likely end up collecting dust after i have checked out the graphics (which i still enjoy doing for games).
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 19th, 2018, 22:47
Originally Posted by vurt View Post

Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
(PS4)

…and i instantly regretted it. it's a bad / old habit, really.. "ohh it's half the price! I must buy since it's supposed to be so good!!!". They'll most likely end up collecting dust after i have checked out the graphics (which i still enjoy doing for games).
Spiderman actually looks pretty good. People are raving about it, and it has an 8.7 average on Metacritic.

I probably won't get it because I'm not much of a Spidey fan, but it looks to be on par with the Batman games in terms of quality.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 20th, 2018, 00:45
You listed two games right ? Which one is awful - or are both awful ?

Originally Posted by vurt View Post

Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
(PS4)

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 20th, 2018, 07:05
Originally Posted by you View Post
You listed two games right ? Which one is awful - or are both awful ?
Both have really high scores. Both are kind of interesting to me. I just suck at playing games, taking the time to play them, that is.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I probably won't get it because I'm not much of a Spidey fan, but it looks to be on par with the Batman games in terms of quality.
Yes, i have bought all the Batman games for PC too, i like them. I think i've played like 3-4h on 2 of them, lol.

I guess for me it's 90% down to collecting games which i potentially could play and have a good time with them, but usually i end up doing more creative things instead. I like to collect and surround myself with things that i could use, sometime. It's dumb and especially so when i'm not exactly rich.
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 20th, 2018, 15:36
I've found personally over the years that no matter how highly rated a game might be, if the style isn't something you enjoy, it likely won't be that good for you. Same with novels, telly, and movies I guess.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game(s) you bought