any way to walk/run faster

Dark Phoenix

Watcher
I'm level 6 and haven't played this in a few months.. with no game manual I forget stuff. I notice that I walk real slow and run just a short distance then I walk again. Is there any way to walk or run faster and longer?

What about mods for the game? I'd love an always run fix.

Last edited:
About this, is there a way to remove a perk through the console? This is actually about Xenus II. I thought you already ran too fast and now I received a perk from a civilian making me run even faster, which is driving me crazy. If there is a way, I guess it'll work for Precursors too.

About this, is there a way to remove a perk through the console? This is actually about Xenus II. I thought you already ran too fast and now I received a perk from a civilian making me run even faster, which is driving me crazy. If there is a way, I guess it'll work for Precursors too.

I agree, the sprint speed is already super-human from the start of the game, almost like the speed mode of the crysis nanosuit! :S
So could you be so kindly to explain us what's the civilian/quest that gave you that perk so we can kill/avoid it? :biggrin:

I ran into a civilian on the first island (in the Bandit-HQ area), called "Runner". He said he was training for the Olympics and gave me some insights about sprinting, which gave me the perk "Runner". I have no idea why I didn't notice it at first, but on the second island the ADHD-running is just spoiling the game for me. And I don't feel like going all the way back to a very old savegame... Help?...

I ran into a civilian on the first island (in the Bandit-HQ area), called "Runner". He said he was training for the Olympics and gave me some insights about sprinting, which gave me the perk "Runner". I have no idea why I didn't notice it at first, but on the second island the ADHD-running is just spoiling the game for me. And I don't feel like going all the way back to a very old savegame… Help?…

Well first of all thanks for the advice. :)
Anyway I don't know any cheat code or console command for White Gold, so the only thing I could suggest is to search if you can find any code that controls the perks or the sprint speed and just lower the speed multiplier so even with that perk you will still run as a human.

I looked around a bit, but couldn't find it.
I started an old savegame which wasn't that far back as I though it would be. I went from level 10 back to level 7. In one morning I'm back on level 10 now, finished all the missions on the first island (except for the bandit-missions, they totally hate me :p) and set foot on the second island!

Can't you just walk instead of run?

I tried that, even got as far as binding the walk and move forward command to the same key. :) But that made moving to cover in combat a lot harder. ;)
Bottom line, the perk is a joke - avoid it!

Yes the standard sprint speed is already faster than every other game, it's almost like the speed powerup of the crysis nanosuit, increasing it ever more using the perk makes the sprint speed really too much fast, almost uncontrollable IMHO.

Yes the standard sprint speed is already faster than every other game, it's almost like the speed powerup of the crysis nanosuit, increasing it ever more using the perk makes the sprint speed really too much fast, almost uncontrollable IMHO.

I think this is rather an issue with the mouse acceleration when turning then. I'm glad I can move so fast, as all these planetary surfaces are huge!

I think this is rather an issue with the mouse acceleration when turning then. I'm glad I can move so fast, as all these planetary surfaces are huge!

We were talking about Xenus 2 (yes, offtopic) and there are no problems with the mouse speed/sensivity/acceleration, it's exactly the sprint speed that I think it's superhuman. :p

Anyway yes, offtopic finished now. :biggrin:

This game looks like a lot of fun too. Why do these Russian games get so misunderstood? They have their share of problems, but they're gems! The freedom of Xenus II is amazing. I haven't walked into a single invisible wall yet. Same thing with the STALKER games. Shadow of Chernobyl had a fantastic atmosphere and was very challenging!
I actually showed Xenus II to a couple of friends of mine yesterday and one of them immediately asked if he could play it. He enjoyed killing rats with my SVD :)S). :p

Back
Top Bottom