Might & Magic X - Development Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well this update is going to take time to read so lets get started. Those of you who read the news should know the developer hosted a dev chat yesterday.

Here is the questions and answers from the dev chat.
One last post for today, just to tell you that yesterday's dev chat (our second one) was a lot of fun again and we'd like to thank everyone who came. Thanks to Snake who already posted a chat log.

Please note that we had two IRC channels this time. One was open for everyone, it was used for asking questions and for discussion. The other one was read-only except for the devs, in this channel we answered as many questions as we could during the time given.

The chatlog is from the second channel, so it contains merely questions (copy-pasted into the channel by the devs, that's why you see only dev nicknames there) and answers. A big sorry to all who have asked questions that hadn't been answered! We have kept track of all the unanswered questions, and those we can answer we will address sooner or later here on the blog.
Next they announce the winner of the dungeon layout contest.
The dungeon we're building together will turn out just great! Thank you to all who have contributed to the contest, and thanks to all who participated in the votes! The winner of the dungeon layout contest is …Crow's Fortress by Sandro.
And for last they have a new post about Puzzles and Riddles.
For many players of the M&M RPG series, solving riddles and puzzles was always a big part of the fun. And we're doing our best to keep it that way! You can find the first few riddles in the Early Access version, and currently our team is busy hatching a lot of new puzzle ideas for the Acts to come. Our aim is not to repeat the same puzzle over and over again, but to come up with different puzzle settings, types and combinations of them.
More information.

I gotta tell ya, folks, this team is doing it exactly how we've been begging it to be done. They're taking a successful formula, giving it some modern graphics, throwing in plenty of nostalgia, and not getting stubborn about it. I'm tremendously impressed with the way they're listening to their users. They're admitting where they've got problems (based on what the users say are the problems, not based on the suit from marketing) and they're working on them.

As long as the team gets the time they need, this game is going to be completely awesome. They clearly understand the dangers of feature creep, so I think they've got a good shot of producing a product that we'll love within their stated timeframe.

Yup. I agree.
I am gonna buy now, just to keep the revenue coming in. ;)
I wonder if they are tracking sales now, and if they are having steady Pre- sales. And if they are, if that influences development, in some positive way.

It's been selling really well on Steam even just for the early access. Most people are reacting very favorably to it, especially since they are fixing almost everything people complained about. MM X is actually an extremely important title because it is a small retro game from a AAA publisher. If it is very successfull it could have a big impact on the market overall

The game is definitely shaping up to be a great title. I'm just a little anxious about some sort of typical Ubisoft nonsense like DRM or unreasonably priced DLC.

For many players of the M&M RPG series, solving riddles and puzzles was always a big part of the fun.
That was the case with the series prior to M&M6 but I can't recall such an emphasis on riddles & puzzles in that one, apart from a nice puzzle (sorta) in the early stages of the game, then some touch plates here and there but nothing significant. Despite of that, The mandate of heavens remains one of my favourite title in the series after World of Xeen and I bet that's the case for many players. So no, riddles & puzzles do not need to be a big part of the game, for it to be fun !

By the way, "Mandate Of Heaven" is a term from ancient Chinese history.

Still cannot find any info on what platforms this game will run on. Although it's pretty safe to assume that it is a PC title, I find it curious that it does not explicitly say so anywhere. What's more, I really want to know if there will be a Mac version, as that's the only way I'll buy this. However, I'm pretty sure there won't be, based on Ubisofts recent history. Still, it would be nice to know for sure.

Still cannot find any info on what platforms this game will run on. Although it's pretty safe to assume that it is a PC title, I find it curious that it does not explicitly say so anywhere. What's more, I really want to know if there will be a Mac version, as that's the only way I'll buy this. However, I'm pretty sure there won't be, based on Ubisofts recent history. Still, it would be nice to know for sure.

Of course it's on PC -it's available now as Early Access on steam. The steam page lists a Mac version for the full release.

Even worse, "For Blood & Honour" was a Nazi term, a kind of slogan, almost like a war cry.

If this had been translated, the game would have been insta-banned. Or would have had to be renamed.

Back
Top Bottom