RPGWatch - About the Donations

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We are running RPGWatch without ads for some time now and even when we did have ads they only covered a small part of the total cost, because we had chosen to make sure the ads are not very obtrusive and are only about games. For the most part we have been running on donations from our visitors.
The advantage of doing this is that there are none or only a few game related ads. The disadvantage is that we are fully dependent on donations.

The current situation is that we are not really close to have the operational cost of this year covered by donations. I am looking into lowering that cost for next year, but that isn't going to help for this year.

This is why I am making this post to ask our RPGWatch members and other visitors if they are able to make a donation, which allows us to get closer to covering our operational cost for this year.
Any amount of money that you can spare for RPGWatch will help in reaching that goal. When we receive more donations than needed for this year, they will be used to cover the operational cost of next year.

At the moment we are only supporting PayPal donations. If you would like to donate in another way, contact me via a PM or via the 'Contact Us' option in the 'Contact' menu, near the top of the page. If you would like to make a recurring payment then this can be done using PayPal.

Thanks for being with us!

More information.

You should link this page.

Instead of my intended (but often forgotten) manual annual donation, I just activated a small monthly donation.

I encourage every regular to do the same. It's a special place here. Every cent helps!

I wait for the begging. It makes me feel empowered :p

So long since I've logged on rather than just lurking that I'm not even sure what email address was on my old account . . .

Are affiliate programmes another option for raising money? On a quick google looks like steam doesn't do one, GOG might by special request and Epic may only do for creators but e.g. amazon, gamestop etc do. If it's simple enough to set up and just add links to the bottom of articles that might be a route for raising money if enough of us choose to click through that way?

https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/nathaniell/blog/alternatives-to-a-steam-affiliate-program

https://www.nochgames.com/gaming-affiliate-programs/

d584938-a3d1c3bf-7ccb-4f8b-ab43-e693f804509c.gif

Don't be shy about asking. Anytime you guys are in need, I'll throw a few shekels your way!

I'm in favor of unobtrusive ads. There are tons of sites I simply refuse to visit because of their ads.

Aye feel free to ask - happy to help and on my way to PayPal now!

Send some EURs or Polish zlotys (no idea how PayPal will show it to You) under my RN. Keep up the counter. If it looks bad I`ll send more next month.

No idea what others will say to that by imho You may get more game, book and so related banners.

Bumped mine up a bit. I don't mind the occasional inline Ad, as long as it is clearly labelled. Heck, even phys.org has ads. But I loath that Adblock warning you get on many sites.

Didn't know about the donation page and listing of operational costs. Feel free to make a post quarterly or half-yearly about how we stand on covering the costs for the respective year. I had no idea if there was support needed...
Wired a few Euros your way. For the Watch!

You've got to sell more microtransactions. :biggrin:

Cosmetics only, of course.

Maybe you could add a RPGwatch 1st subscription model, which lets people have their own private sub-forums?

Honestly tho, I'm glad to contribute with donations, rather than ads that won't work with even just a modicum of security. It's crazy what kind of crap you see sometimes on (seemingly) reputable websites.

Thanks for the reminder. I've now set a 1€ donation monthly. That's small enough that I won't notice, but over a year 12€ feels like a reasonable contribution to my favourite site.

Back
Top Bottom