Steam Link

Lucky Day

Daywatch
My Steam Link finally arrived last week. I managed to hook it up to my TV with the help of my spare keyboard and mouse.

While Steam is running in the LAN it does connect, and yes, its just like WiDi. Its basically sending its video feed screen using the Steam app. You can minimize the Steam app and use your TV to do you computing as long as your app is running.

I don't like that it doesn't go to sleep (exception if it can't connect to your WiFi for some reason) and doesn't have a proper off switch. My smart TV kept changing my TV connection.

I haven't been using it because it cannot natively connect to my XBox 360 wireless controller. I can't even use it wired because the wire turns out to be just for its charger.

My dilemma is this: should I pay the $20-25 for the wirless XBox 360 receiver dongle or should I find another controller? Keyboard and Mouse aren't great when you're sitting on a couch trying to play XCom. That's fine on my PC Desk but not the couch.

If you like the 360 controller, i'd go with the dongle. It's probably the most hassle free way to get a controller working with a PC. Most games today still use the 360 setup as a controller template.

Back
Top Bottom