The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

The Beatles did very few actual instrumental pieces, I think, and one doesn't go out of my head for days now : "Flying". From the magical mystery tour.
Sad that it is so short. It's such a cute piece ...

Yesterday afternoon I spent listening to the quiet yet sobering albums of the Prodigy. Great, relaxing stuff, I can only hope my neighbours enjoyed it as much as I did!!

A new psych shoegazey and blues tinged guitar orgy from Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

and a classic from the '90s: a squelchy, transtastic, prog house vocal.

Last edited:
Okay, another guilty pleasure. This one takes me back to my clubbing days. Truly a rolling good song. The youtube has two remixes pasted together back to back, but it's the first one that triggers me.

Found this gem looking for music to listen to.:sing:

If you watched Bohemian Rhapsody it's the real version.

I quite enjoyed that entire Live Aid performance, it's truly hard to find music like that in today's world. Probably why I spend so much time listening to music of yesteryear, it's just so much better.

Pain Of Salvation 1979 a song I still love listening to since 2011.

Some of Queens last music before & after Freddie Mercury's death.

Oddly enough, I was just watching a full DVD on Live Aid this weekend. I recall watching it live back in '85, and it's still well worth watching and listening to today, great bands rocking out some awesome tunes!

Buying the latest album "Egypt Station" of Sir Paul McCartney was a total failure for me. Sounds far too modern for my taste, and his voice has changed so much that I still can't believe it's him singing there.

Returning to Loreena McKennitt again. Her music is so ... much ... sensual, in some pieces, and some just are ... beautiful. I mean, World Music is what she really does, in the end.

Back
Top Bottom