AI news anchor doesn't question what he is told

Lucky Day

Daywatch
The Chinese government released an AI news anchor. Its based on a real person but its still in glorious valley of uncanny for the great people's middle kingdom.

That so called "AI" is plain bullshit. It's sterile and has no ability to make people happy even on a rainy day, not to mention lack of actual intelligence to produce spontaneous jokes based on something it saw on the street or historical data. Even if by some means this was an actual AI, it would end up so heavily censored to the point we'd have a feeling it's dead person's last breath - innuendo or system related provocations are a big no no in China.
It's worse than those robotic "bartenders" you cannot share a proper word with.

But it's China, if the government blessed it then one mustn't criticize it. Luckily I don't live there because this post of mine would end up censored, I'd be executed and my organs would be used for transplatation. Except lungs probably as I smoke.

Note that I don't think chinese government is completely evil. They have some awsome decisions. No Facebook in China was one of them.

AI isn't necessarily suppose to make people happy. Having said that I doubt it is very ai`ish. I mean after all - it just needs to be fed some propaganda to repeat.

That so called "AI" is plain bullshit. It's sterile and has no ability to make people happy even on a rainy day, not to mention lack of actual intelligence to produce spontaneous jokes based on something it saw on the street or historical data. Even if by some means this was an actual AI, it would end up so heavily censored to the point we'd have a feeling it's dead person's last breath - innuendo or system related provocations are a big no no in China.
It's worse than those robotic "bartenders" you cannot share a proper word with.

But it's China, if the government blessed it then one mustn't criticize it. Luckily I don't live there because this post of mine would end up censored, I'd be executed and my organs would be used for transplatation. Except lungs probably as I smoke.

Note that I don't think chinese government is completely evil. They have some awsome decisions. No Facebook in China was one of them.

I think this stems from video compression efforts such that they can re-create actual person(s) while controlling (in real time) what they (the image) say and do. Scary!

The speech synthesis sounds decent, it has come a long way since SAM hehe.. I sometimes listen to youtube channels where they use speech synth to explain stuff, it can get quite annoying. I have a singing one as a VST instrument, quite fun sometimes.

Today we have memes (and perhaps sometimes fake news) where people are photoshopped.. this tech will take that to another level completely.. Eventually we will have famous singers synthesized (not sure its been released yet, i know i read about it some years ago).

I would expect every anchor in China to say what he's told and not question it.
AI isn't necessarily suppose to make people happy. Having said that I doubt it is very ai`ish. I mean after all - it just needs to be fed some propaganda to repeat.
I think it's AI like game AI's we've seen for decades. It reacts to user input according to a set of fixed rules and makes the puppet move in a believable way. (Well, tries to.) It's not AI as in machine learning.

Back
Top Bottom