How to get rid of Microsoft Store in win10

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Because of recent M$ purchase, some might find hard to resist the temptation.
To make sure nothing bad happens, just get rid of the drug dealer:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-windows-store-windows-10-uninstall-with-powershell/

Click Start, type Powershell. In the search results, right-click “PowerShell” and click Run as administrator.
w10-photos-reinstall.png

In the PowerShell window, Type the following command and press ENTER:
Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
No, I don't know if it'll return without your permission on the next biggish win10 update.

Bah it never bothered me and I used it for State of Decay 2. Also good luck removing or diabling it ,as updates always re-enable it or update it. As its a part of Win 10.

Speaking of that recent MS purchase. Think those studios current game catalogs will stay on Steam? I have zero interest in the MS store but still wanna grab a couple of games I don’t have yet.

They probably won't remove the already released stuff from steam.

But they will almost for sure make anything new coming out Windows 10 only (I guess I'll finally have to "upgrade"). I'd also bet they will only be sold through the MS store (but hopefully they're not that stupid).

Almost zero chance anything new will be going DRM free on gog though.

Ummm, that article mostly talks about how to re-install Microsoft Store?

The article does that, yes. The thread, doesn't.

Kind of wish this thread was about getting rid of MS as oppose to just the measly store link. Would be nice to just click a few buttons and be done with MS (but have all non-MS software run just fine elsewhere :) )

Back
Top Bottom