I want to buy a new mobo, please help

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the (slow) process to build a new PC for myself. The PC parts I already have are:

I won't buy a new monitor so I'll stick to my current 1080p one at this moment. Also, I won't do SLI. I'll probably get either an Intel i5 8600 or Intel i7 8700 (non-K versions since I won't do overclocking the CPU). As for the form factor, it may be either ATX ou mATX (not mini-ITX).

Thus, given the information above, what motherboard could you suggest me? I understand I could choose between B360 and Z370 models but I'm not sure if B360 does fully support both the memory speed and the Crucial M.2 I already have. Any hints on motherboard with good cost-benefit ratio?

Thanks for helping me! :)

Last edited:
What form factor ? (atx,itx, micro-atx, …). I generally prefer z370/z390 asrock boards. B360 will almost certainly meet your needs as long as you don't overclock (k processors); stay with a single gpu solution (I never bothered with more than 1 gpu) and don't use intel raid (I never would since zfs (software raid) is 1000 times better). The B360 board will support 1 nvme BUT the curcial is sata which the B360 also supports.

M.2 is really confusing since there are two different interfaces using the same form factor….

NOTE: What the chipset supports and the actual board support are two differnet things. Generally B360 boards are value boards and will trim other things out even if the chipset supports them.

Back
Top Bottom