Gothic 3 Bright White Lights

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
I get VERY bright white lights (and it's not heaven!!) whenever I look down ( as when trying to focus on something lying on the ground). There are often horizontal lines running across these lights and it's very difficult to see anything as they cover most of the screen. I assume it's a setting that needs adjusting, but which one? Looking straight ahead everything is perfect, so it seems like it's to do with the viewing distance. As most people know, I'm extremely non-technical!! :(

If it is the same thing this only happens on my system (AMD X2/Nvidia) when I have Depth of Field setting off in detail settings. If I set to bloom or higher then there is no flashing. I think it is a known bug.

Depth of Field(Distance blur) is disabled by the PostProcessing slider:
slider at full left: No PostProcessing
slider at the middle: Glow effect
Slider full right : DOF+Glow

I have it on GLow only... Thats probably why I dont get
the Flashing lines... Or does it not happen on ATI's 6.9
Drivers ?

If it is the same thing this only happens on my system (AMD X2/Nvidia) when I have Depth of Field setting off in detail settings. If I set to bloom or higher then there is no flashing. I think it is a known bug.

Same here, with glow on there's no flashing.

I set post processing to OFF in the game ini!! Guess I might have to turn it back on since it's getting annoying!!

I get the flickering problem too. Everybody gets it as a price for turning off
the "Depth of Field" option. I just live with it. Hopefully it will be patched away.

I have a GeForce 6800 Ultra, btw.....

The Option DoF + Glow (slider full right in postprocessing) is only allowed for Shader 3.0 graphic cards.

Shader 2.0 cards can do the glow option.

Be sure to turn Anti Aliasing (AA) to <Application managed> or <off> in your driver.

Gothic 3 does not work correct with AA turned on.

Be sure to turn Anti Aliasing (AA) to <Application managed> or <off> in your driver.

Gothic 3 does not work correct with AA turned on.

Yes it also seems that forcing AA (in addition to whatever problems it may
introduce) simply does not work also (no smoothing at all at 4x in my x1900xt).

This is currious because I am certain I saw some early tests from the Recalled
Goldmaster in a german Mag with AA on !

Have they simply broken it later on ?

My whole screen turned white when looking down also , if that is what you mean.
I had 6.8 Cat installed becasue I read 6.9 were having problems and downgrading would help, it did't it was worst.
I just reinstalled 6.9 what I had orgianlly and now the White light is gone.
I still have my problem of not being able to read the Console.
I can see it an know there are letters I am typing but I am unable to tell/read them.
It look like some sort of java? scripts for the Console and ATI is not updated yet for this I guess.

Ok after more playing with this, it has to do with Lens Flare (Coronas)as well as the mentioned Bloom effect.
If these two are the same, appoligies as I am not a shader scripter, but I noticed the effect while I was having annoying Coronas as I tried to aim a crossbow.
It only seems to happen during Daylight and when looking in the direction of the sun, even if you arein an underground cave, iir.
Once you turn from the direction of the sun whether it is a setting or rising sun the effect will stop.
The Bloom seems to be forced at least in some instances, I have had to actually set it in the Useroptions.ini in the save folder since it won't set if I try ingame Options Menu, though it does seem to stop the flashing if Bloom is on, though Bloom seems to cause problems on it own.

Back
Top Bottom