GOG - September RPG Special

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GOG let us know they have a gazillion DRM-free RPGs on sale over the weekend. Included are the following games & franchises:

• Wizardry
  • Gothic
  • Divinity
  • Two Worlds
  • Escalon
  • System Shock
  • Arcanum
  • Vampire the Masquerade
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Driftmoon
  • Septerra Core
If you haven't registered on GOG yet, please consider using our ref-link in the banner at the top.

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Shock > Sex

Oh, I see it's System Shock 2... In that case, it's not quite better than sex :(

I have them all but Wizardry 8-- been waiting for a sale but for some reason I have this belief that the Steam version is better, more up to date or something.. so I was waiting for it.

Why would the steam version of wiz 8 be better ? I have the disk version of wiz 8 but I think I might pick this up. Unfortunatley wiz 7 is just too old for me. BG 2/ID are about the oldest games I can still play. Hum.

Wonder if either gothic 3 are worth considering or two worlds 2 ?

I don't have Two Worlds 1 and 2 nor Forsaken Gods.
Other titles I do have.

Means… Nothing left worth buying. :evilgrin:

Two Worlds Two is an awesome game. There are respawns though, so you may not like it Joxer. The respawns are quite avoidable, as you are quite a bit faster than the enemies and they're territorial and will only chase for a very short way before turning back.

Of course, I love Skyrim, so you have to take that into consideration :D

Two Worlds Two is an awesome game. There are respawns though, so you may not like it Joxer. The respawns are quite avoidable, as you are quite a bit faster than the enemies and they're territorial and will only chase for a very short way before turning back.

Of course, I love Skyrim, so you have to take that into consideration :D

Are there lots of Bloom-y Orc skinheads in this game? Because man.

944x531.jpg

I never did play Wiz 8, the last one I played was 7. So right now I'm close to finishing M&M 7, would Wiz 8 be a decent followup to that?

-Carn

Perfect follow up game, I would say. And I know dteowner agrees 100% :)

Let's see, following up my second favorite game evah with my top favorite game evah? Let me think about that for a tenth of a second. ;)

So much affection for Septerra Core ... I'm still sad it didn't get a sequel.

Is this the moment for me to plunge into that Wizardy trilogy? Do I have time for that? No, I really do not.

I'm'a just buy Driftmoon and support an active small developer.

And 4 bucks later, Wiz 8 is mine. Always nice to have something already lined up for when you need a game, thanks for the input guys!

-Carn
You're in for a treat. Make sure you get the Wizfast utility and block out 100 hours or so.

Interesting that Gothic 2 and 3 are part of the sale but Gothic 1 is not.

Maybe I'll give Septerra Core a try. I already have everything else I'd want.

I don't do hacks or mods usually, unless it's just a cosmetic thing or something that is truly necessary to run the game. What exactly is the purpose of this utility?

-Carn

Heh… feel free to try playing it without Wizfast :p Just be sure to bookmark the download page for later. It speeds up combat turns.

Back
Top Bottom