Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Preload Day!

Downloading on Steam. Not waiting with this one.
For me this release is gaming event no.1 of the year.

Your to soft on him as I always get at least five posts criticizing me about mentioning bugs. Anyway what is your opinion about the bugs right now? I know you played EA.

The last act also wasn't released in EA is I remember as well.
The last beta of mid-July still had many bugs, but it was "per design" because they only focused on adding features for us to test, instead of just fixing bugs. Since then, they've shifted focus on finding and fixing them.

There's been a lot of progress since then, and the list of issues has been reduced significantly, but it's probably going to be close.

The risk is obviously higher in the later chapters, and in the mythic paths that you get later (Gold Dragon, Swarm-that-Walks, Legend, ...), because it wasn't in the beta and it has been finished / tested later, by fewer people.

To people who are sensitive to bugs, I'd say wait a little like any other game. Same for heavy players who want to complete two runs the first week with obscure multiclassing stuff ;) But otherwise, there's so much to learn, explore and discover! Even if there's a risk to stumble onto a blocking issue in the later chapters, it takes a long time getting there.

The last beta of mid-July still had many bugs, but it was "per design" because they only focused on adding features for us to test, instead of just fixing bugs. Since then, they've shifted focus on finding and fixing them.
Yeah, 6 weeks is not a long time for bugfixing in complex game like this.

I'll be playing it on day 1, but I'm certain there will be bugs. Way too complex not to, so we'll see how it turns out.

So how many of you are going to replay the game for every mythic path? As that would probably take a few years to complete everyone of them. Sounds like a challenge.

So how many of you are going to replay the game for every mythic path? As that would probably take a few years to complete everyone of them. Sounds like a challenge.

Maybe not all of them. It may accelerate things to save a game before you have to choose (after retaking Drezen, so it's quite a journey until there). But keep in mind there are prerequisites, Angel is granted but not the other ones, some have elements to discover in earlier chapters. It's also fun to change class, so might / not be a good plan.

I've played with Azata (other runs were not significant enough). It's an awesome mythic path if you have some tendency towards good / chaotic. Aivu is a great companion, if a bit talkative, but it's all about a little fun in a dark period of history :)

I'm trying Trickster now but I'm really not there yet.

Angel is a real boost to divine casters IIRC, and it's more interesting if you have a melee weapon than a ranged one.

If I complete the game once, I'll be happy :D

The game is much longer than I thought it would be, but if it doesn't have an equivalent to the House at the Edge of Time then I'm likely going to finish it once.

I may try out a few different builds though and play through the first couple of chapters a few times.

What about you ?

If I complete the game once, I'll be happy :D

The game is much longer than I thought it would be, but if it doesn't have an equivalent to the House at the Edge of Time then I'm likely going to finish it once.

I may try out a few different builds though and play through the first couple of chapters a few times.

What about you ?
Nah it took me a couple of years to finish Kingmaker with three different builds. I'll probably try a few but not all of them. That's the problem with content heavy RPGs.

What about you ?

Nah it took me a couple of years to finish Kingmaker with three different builds. I'll probably try a few but not all of them. That's the problem with content heavy RPGs.

I like @Pladio;'s idea, that gives a good taste of a class. In WotR, you have the following chapters at the beginning. Not really a spoiler, but I'll hide it anyway:
- prologue (the Mongrel's maze), serves as an intro with a few battles, dungeon-like, lots of spoken dialogues
- chapter 1: Kenabres, mostly facing the invasion in the city, finding the start (prerequisite) of several mythic paths, some more intense combats
- chapter 2: road to Drezen and free Drezen, introduces the crusade system (M&M combat, basic), mythic path' common levels without specialization yet - the choice should be done near the end of the chapter
- chapter 3: more crusade system and kingdom management, more intimate contact with the Abyss (demons), the plot intensifies
Then it's chapter 4, 5, 6: more plot twists and unraveling, more C&C.

Playing a few times prologue to end of chapter 2 gives a good impression of the race & class and should take 20-30 hours. Maybe a bit more if you take your time, and they've added content to chapter 2 recently. If you don't level up the mythic path to level 3 to choose your path, this leaves you with a few characters that you can use later on, with whatever mythic path you wish. I think the class level should be about 10 by then.

Chapter 3 is huge. It should take you about 60-80 hours (total with previous chapters) to get to its conclusion, so maybe as much in chapter 3 than everything before. Chapters 4-6 are normal.

Purple knows that much better than me though, she has more than twice the hours I've spent in the game so far. :)

Last edited:
Got my kickstarter key and I just realized none of the tiers include the season pass Wtf. I payed 99 bucks. If I just waited for the Steam release I could've gotten it all for that price.
That sucks, did they already know there was going to be a season pass? Anyway, they could have included it.

Only the Mythic Edition at 100€ includes the season pass, but that's about what you paid back then :/ Instead you had the beta access, those who bought it had to pay more than 100€ for that alone.

That sucks, did they already know there was going to be a season pass? Anyway, they could have included it.

Only the Mythic Edition at 100€ includes the season pass, but that's about what you paid back then :/ Instead you had the beta access, those who bought it had to pay more than 100€ for that alone.

Yeah, feels sucky. You get less by supporting them earlier.

Yea, I recently pre-ordered it around a week and a half or so ago, and got the Mythic edition.
Everything, including the expansions, are included.

My first play through will be me playing as a Paladin main character and with the Angels as allies or my mythic path, I gotta play that one first. Yea, its kinda one that a lot of people will pick (I was browsing steam threads asking what everyone was going to play as far as mythic paths and character class first)

I never realized playing a paladin was that popular in these games, lol. :biggrin:

Anyhow, then the other ones I am for sure interested in is the Undead Necromancer and the Demon path. Its kinda weird you can be a demon and go on a crusade versus a demon invading horde/army, but ok.
I guess it works for me!

My first play through will be me playing as a Paladin main character and with the Angels as allies or my mythic path, I gotta play that one first. Yea, its kinda one that a lot of people will pick (I was browsing steam threads asking what everyone was going to play as far as mythic paths and character class first)
It's a great choice, Angel has very powerful spells, both to protect your party and to fight evil. Nice effects too. And how better to experience the story than being a paladin? :)

Anyhow, then the other ones I am for sure interested in is the Undead Necromancer and the Demon path. Its kinda weird you can be a demon and go on a crusade versus a demon invading horde/army, but ok.
I guess it works for me!
Make sure to consider Lich before making your choice ;)

Any written review so far? Can't stand watching youtube video while the written equivalent could be read in 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom