Couchpotato's Random RPG News - Page 89 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

September 20th, 2021, 11:20
Thank you. I still prefer reading over watching.

I bet they are only "investigating" because someone tried to do it in the first place. I doubt that the devs would have started such a thing for such an old game in the first place.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#1761

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 20,255
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

Default 

September 20th, 2021, 11:44
Wuchang - Fallen Feathers looks like a true Soulborne clone. Whether that is a good or bad thing is up to interpretation!
Nereida is online now

Nereida

Nereida's Avatar
Fallen Aasimar

#1762

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

September 21st, 2021, 23:01
Sacred Fire coming to Early Access on October 19th

loading…
Sacred Fire is a psychological role-playing game. You’re a refugee hunted by Rome, your actions compromised by fear and rage. Build up your willpower to control story choices and master battle tactics. Outsmart opponents and gain allies. Wage war or strive for peace. End up a hero or an outcast.
Phantom Brigade Update 10: Festival of Fire

loading…
Phantom Brigade's 10th monthly update is now available on the Epic Games Store!
King Arthur: Knight's Tale September Status Update
Hope you're all having a great September! Here at Neocore, it's been a busy few months for us, as we're preparing content for the next patch and also for the release. Hopefully we can announce the release date very soon! Once again, thank you for all the feedback and support, we're grateful for having a positive and supportive community!
Gamedec Review Roundup
  1. PC Gamer - 58/100
  2. Shacknews - 8/10
  3. Ragequit.gr - 85/100
  4. COGconnected - 70/100
  5. GamePressure - 8/10
  6. PC Invasion - 5/10
  7. Tom's Guide - 4/5
  8. PC Gamer - 58/100
  9. Shacknews - 8/10
  10. Ragequit.gr - 85/100
  11. COGconnected - 70/100
  12. GamePressure - 8/10
  13. PC Invasion - 5/10
  14. Tom's Guide - 4/5
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1763

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 21st, 2021, 23:19
Top RPG News This Week

loading…
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Medieval Dynasty - Q&A with Developers Video #6

loading…
We’ve collected your questions and picked some of them to answer. Village Leaders here it is, our 6th Medieval Dynasty Q&A Video!
GRAVEN - First Content Update Info and More
Content Update 1 is arriving (very) soon, and we're working on a lot more than that. We were aiming to have this ready by the end of August, as it stated in our public Roadmap, but since the first Early Access release, we’ve learned quite a lot from all of the fan-feedback and we don’t want to rush and release an update that we don’t feel is ready for you yet. We currently have a public roadmap, and we’re working hard on staying on track, however the roadmap might be adjusted further as we release more Early Access Updates, and get more player feedback! Stay tuned!

The Graven team is hard at work on every aspect of the full game, including many revisions of everything from AI to Level Design, based on all of the fantastic feedback we’ve already received. The Early Access updates are a small slice of what is coming. Even content you have already played in Early Access will see improvements from the final release, on top of the two additional hubs with their own unique enemies, characters, regions, and weapons. Every discipline, every region, every mode and experience is receiving active work on a daily basis.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1764

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 23rd, 2021, 16:45
Medieval Dynasty - 1.0 Full Release is Here!

loading…
With Medieval Dynasty 1.0 Full Release, you will get brand new content to enjoy. New storyline, more quests, new buildings, bandits, updated grabbing system, new animals, decorative items, updated map, and loads, loads more.

And don't worry, this is not the end. Soon we will publish our Medieval Dynasty post-release Roadmap, giving you a glimpse of what awaits. Stay tuned.
Medieval Dynasty - Digital Supporter Pack and Game Editions Overview
Medieval Dynasty 1.0 - a wonderful Early Access phase comes to an end, and a new Medieval Dynasty era begins with an extensive update for the 1.0 release. But we don't just have new inspiring in-game content!

The digital Supporter Pack will also shine in new splendor!

In addition to the already included goodies, there is an updated artbook that artistically depicts the path from Early Access to 1.0, new exclusive wallpapers, new music tracks and lovingly designed video guides.

And now our very special thank you to our community: Everyone who has already bought the Digital Supporter Edition will get the new content for free!
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1765

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 23rd, 2021, 16:54
Sheltered 2 - OUT NOW on PC!

loading…
A brutal survival management simulator set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Keep your faction of survivors alive, maintain your shelter, and scavenge the ravaged world for resources. Befriend and trade with the factions you meet or conquer them by force.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Beginner Guide

loading…
In this Diablo 2 Resurrected Beginner Guide I’ll be giving some general guidelines and tips that will help you get started with Diablo 2. This Diablo 2 Guide is intended for newcomers, but if you haven’t played in a while you might find it useful to refresh your memory on some basic mechanics.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1766

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 23rd, 2021, 17:43
Lots of great newsbits here, couch. Especially, Acre SfireD
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#1767

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,626
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Default 

September 24th, 2021, 23:58
The Lost Eidolons Beta Test Starts Sept. 30th!

loading…
The 1st Closed Beta offers episodes 1-8 in their entirety. There will still be polish and balancing to be applied, but it should give a relatively thorough experience, and an idea of what to expect from the full game.

In future playtests, which you will also have access to, more episodes will be added. Expected content for this playtest includes:
  • Basic combat/camp tutorial.
  • 7 additional combat scenarios.
  • Fully rendered cutscenes (no voiceover yet).
  • 6 camp sections with sidequests and camp activities.
  • Unit recruitment.
  • Class advancements and more in-depth character customization.
Actraiser Renaissance now available on Steam

loading…
Actraiser Renaissance combines 2D action and platforming with city-building simulation. Help humanity prosper by playing as the Lord of Light and their loyal angel in a world beset by evil. Utilize your miraculous powers to summon lightning and trigger earthquakes to remove obstacles that impede the growth of your civilization. Explore the vast new realm, build, and protect your settlements with the angel’s mighty bow and arrow to ward off the evil monsters that prey on your people.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 25th, 2021 at 16:46.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1768

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 25th, 2021, 16:43
Disciples: Liberation Companions Trailer

loading…
Fighting for the freedom of Nevendaar requires loyal companions. Get to know some of the diverse cast of characters you'll be able to recruit during your journey.
Disciples: Liberation Limited Time Demo - Steam
We are taking a quick leave from our home base in Nevendaar to take part in the Steam Next Fest where you can celebrate and explore hundreds of upcoming games – including #DisciplesLiberation! From October 1 - 7, we will let you discover the dark fantasy world in a demo and in our very own livestream together with the developer. Save the date!

Disciples: Liberation is currently available for pre-purchase at a 10% discount. Wishlist and follow now to become a disciple and liberate the war-torn lands of Nevendaar!

Play the demo now and discover two starting regions of the game offering up to 8 hours of play time!
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 25th, 2021 at 18:30.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1769

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 25th, 2021, 16:45
Shadowrun Trilogy Collection Releasing on the Switch

loading…
Return to the three Shadowrun games on Nintendo Switch in 2022 with this new collection.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Coming to Nintendo Switch

loading…
Award winning Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is finally ready for Nintendo Switch! Pre-order now and become the finest detective in Revachol on October 12th
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Coming to Nintendo Switch

loading…
The original Bioware Star Wars RPG, Knights of the Old Republic, is coming to Nintendo Switch next month.
Diablo II: Resurrected Reviews and Impressions
  1. Game Informer 0 8.75/10
  2. NME - 4/5
  3. God is a Geek - 8/10
  4. PCGamesN - In Progress
  5. IGN - In Progress
  6. PC Gamer - Impressions
  7. Game Informer - 8.75/10
  8. Destructoid - 8.5/10
  9. NME - 4/5
  10. God is a Geek - 8/10
  11. PCGamesN - In Progress
  12. IGN - In Progress
  13. PC Gamer - Impressions
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 28th, 2021 at 16:01.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1770

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 25th, 2021, 23:39
Any idea why so many games are ending up on Switch ? Is it a proper platform to play text-heavy RPGs ?
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#1771

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,433
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

Default 

September 26th, 2021, 00:16
For me it's the option to play these games anywhere I want to. Sort of like the new Steam deck. Sure the graphics are downgraded, and the controls are different.

It seems the ports sell well as more developers are porting games.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1772

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 27th, 2021, 15:13
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Coming to Nintendo Switch

loading…
Wait, the original KotOR? Why not the remake? Might grab this actually, to be able to play it on the road.
--
Exitus acta probat.
wiretripped is offline

wiretripped

wiretripped's Avatar
Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#1773

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leuven, BE
Posts: 2,229
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 27th, 2021, 15:22
Wow, that disciples trailer sure didn't feel like a disciples game to me. More like a cringe worthy jRPG. Ugh! Thanks Couch!
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#1774

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,626
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Default 

September 28th, 2021, 02:35
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Wait, the original KotOR? Why not the remake? Might grab this actually, to be able to play it on the road.
The remake is only going to be released for the PS5 and the PC.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1775

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 28th, 2021, 15:22
We've Played 60 Minutes of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

loading…
We recently had the chance to get a hands-on with Marvel’s Guardian’s of the Galaxy - the latest single player cosmic comic book-inspired adventure from Eidos Montreal, and we have to say, it doesn’t look easy. Check out this new PS5 gameplay as Aoife Wilson explains both what she liked and what she didn't like about the demo
11 Things To Know Before Playing Diablo 2: Resurrected

loading…
Diablo 2 is back with Diablo 2: Resurrected! While the Remaster isn’t all that different from the original game - with its primary differences being a visual overhaul and quality-of-life improvements - it still does contain some mechanics that can be worth discussing for new players and even veteran Diablo 3 players. So here are 11 tips you should know before playing Diablo 2: Resurrected!
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer

loading…
Embark on an epic adventure full of whimsy, wonder, and high-powered weaponry! Bullets, magic, and broadswords collide across this chaotic fantasy world brought to life by the unpredictable Tiny Tina.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1776

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 28th, 2021, 15:23
Marvel's Midnight Suns Exclusive Impressions: We PLAYED IT

loading…
That's right folks, we played it! Join Game Informer as we discuss our exclusive hands-on impressions of Marvel's Midnight Suns and tell you why fans of XCOM and all things superheroes should be excited!
Why Marvel's Midnight Suns Is For XCOM Fans

loading…
Firaxis Games made its name with the XCOM series. But just because the lauded developer is moving over to Marvel's Midnight Suns doesn't mean fans of the iconic tactics game won't have fun with its latest game. Join us for an exclusive look at why XCOM fans will feel right at home in the studio's new tactical RPG!
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1777

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 28th, 2021, 15:41
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Why Marvel's Midnight Suns Is For XCOM Fans
I don't know! Is it?

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Join us for an exclusive look at why XCOM fans will feel right at home in the Studio's new tactical RPG!
Thanks, but no!
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
henriquejr is online now

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#1778

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

Default 

September 28th, 2021, 15:59
Your point being? Watch the video the games producer tells you why.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#1779

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,304
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

Default 

September 28th, 2021, 17:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Your point being? Watch the video the games producer tells you why.
My point? Do I need one? Well, if I do, that's enough to say I was expecting XCOM3 to be announced and, instead, I got Midnight Suns. Underwhelming, to say the least.

Try as they might, I really don't feel attracted to Midnight Suns. I just don't like it. I just won't like it.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
henriquejr is online now

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#1780

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:19.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch