Project Eternity - $2.6M, Adventurer's Hall Unlocked

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Project Eternity has passed $2.6M on Kickstarter (and when you add Paypal, is well on the way to $2.7M) unlocking the Adventurer's Hall. There are also new addons and a summary of every reward tier if you've lost track of what you get. Paladins and Chanters are the next stretch goal, then George Ziets after that:
Paladins are extremely devoted, often fanatical, soldiers who have pledged themselves to a chosen cause, combining the zeal of a priest with the ascetic discipline of a monk. They have founded many elite fighting forces, from the original Darcozzi Paladini, a two thousand year-old order of palace guards, to the fledgling Fellows of St. Waidwen Martyr, zealous defenders of the Godhammer pilgrim trail. Often found at the vanguard of many conflicts, paladins are natural leaders and have the ability to quickly assist their allies with targeted commands. A paladin's commands can stave off impending death, overcome fatigue, or hasten the charge to close breached defenses. And though they are not always pledged to the service of a god or gods, paladins are so singularly focused on their chosen cause that their souls are continually creating a wellspring of spiritual energy from which they can blast groups of foes in their immediate vicinity. Despite their often stoic presence and explosive combat style, paladins work best alongside allies. When isolated, they can be vulnerable, especially against singular powerful foes.
Chanters can be found in almost any culture, but are most often seen in communities with a strong oral tradition. They are repositories of folk knowledge and common wisdom, tellers of tall tales and hallowed legends. Though chanters have a bit of minor talent in traditional arts of combat and soul-based magic, their true power lies in their chants. Chanters construct chants from individual iconic phrases and rhyming couplets they have memorized from hundreds of stories and poems, creating a chain of magical effects that plays out over time. While chanters do use the power of their souls to work their magic, chants are exhortations to the unconscious memory of wayward souls and the diffused spiritual energy of the world. That is, ambient spirits respond to the evocation of ancient, common story elements and play their part in reconstructing the chanter's tales. While a chanter's magic may seem modest compared to that of a wizard or a priest, chanters are able to recite their chants while occupied with other activities, making them extremely versatile.
More information.

Although just a few days left, does anyone suspect G.Z. goal won't be achieved?
Even with halved support, "investments" will probably surpass 3M.

In any case the game with all those goals sounds so desirable I'm not sure where will I get the patience to wait for the release. :(

In any case the game with all those goals sounds so desirable I'm not sure where will I get the patience to wait for the release. :(

This is going to be the hardest part, but if they do like some of the other projects, regular updates really help you out with waiting. Also, they said they wanted to "collaborate" with people on their forums. Should have 1.5 years of interesting discussion over there.

^The update came out as soon as the sum of the the Kickstarter and Paypal pledges reached 2.6.

I still find it strange that Paladins were part of the original concept for a generic high fantasy game.

Kickstarter doesn't reflect Paypal numbers, it's another system. Kickstarter doesn't support Paypal. There are currently ~$41k and 950 backers on paypal.

Obsidian was working on a widget for their website that would show both total though. Darren, the webmaster at OE, is unfortunately a really busy soon-to-be-new-daddy man that also have to create an Obsidian store currently.

As for the 2.6mil, the Kickstarter achieved it as well, but RPGCodex removed their 5k reserved spot when it crossed it. They will be pledging through paypal later.

Shouldn't be long before the Kickstarter return to over 2.6 mil. :D

It never shows Paypal donations included on the Kickstarter site since they have to do that separately. The same kind of thing happened with other Kickstarters where they would update that they reached a stretch goal with Kickstarter and Paypal combined.

I still find it strange that Paladins were part of the original concept for a generic high fantasy game.
I think the Priests will actually be closer to the Paladins we are used to.

As for the 2.6mil, the Kickstarter achieved it as well, but RPGCodex removed their 5k reserved spot when it crossed it. They will be pledging through paypal later.
What's the point of that?

Last edited:
Have they actually reached 2.6 million? The site currently shows 2,597, 940 (14:00 SAST). I wonder if some large pledge backed out between their announcement and now? It wil of course get there, but sill….

I literally watched it tick past $2.6M before posting, so your screen must not have updated or something (not including Paypal).

Edit. Oh, OK, the Codex thing.

What's the point of that?

They are doing their fundraiser through paypal, so it's easier to donate using the paypal option on the Obsidian website than moving the money to an account and than donate to Kickstarter via Amazon payments.

Also, it allows them to keep it running up until the Kickstarter end and not have to stop before it.

The guy who reserved the spot probably removed the pledge right when 2.6 mil was reached just to troll though. We are talking about the Codex.

Damn, they just released a new update with new stretch goals for 3mil and 3,5mil. Damn! Can someone please donate a million so we get both the stronghold (I never even wanted a house, but a stronghold like the one in Neverwinter nights 2, now that's interesting) AND another big city. Because you can't have to many big cities right???

Edit: Just upped my pledge to 77$. I believe that's the most money I've ever spent on a game. Definitly the most I've spent on a game that's just gone into production... Anyone know of some great way to kill time until april 2014?

Last edited:
Low (and probably not final) angle aside, this
PE-TempleEntrance01-1920x1080.jpg
nails it in such a way that personally I bet 3,5 mil. will happen.

Meh, I bet we get the second big city even if the goal doesn't get achieved.
At least in DLC... Um... Sorry for typing the blasphemic and scandalous abbr. in this thread...
In the add-on! ;)

Stunning screenshot and exactly how an update to the Infinity Engine should look. Although having said that I keep staring at it and thinking it looks a bit odd…the angle of the water beneath the waterfall doesn't seem quite right. Still, quibbling aside the style is beautiful.

Since I'm not too familiar with how pre-rendered backgrounds mix with 3d realtime rendering I have to ask whether the water and possibly the treeswill be animated?

Feargus said they were going to added animation overlay for the water (and maybe the plants/trees?). BG2 had animated water.

Back
Top Bottom