Beautiful Desolation - Funded!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The post-apocalyptic adventure game Beautiful Desolation is funded with 69 hours to go:

Hey Backers,

We're pleased to announce our first stretch goal:

THE WORLD CODEX

Every place has a history, a story. That's a theme we want to push forward with BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION. We want players to explore the world we've created, make new discoveries and uncover the history of all the exciting places you visit.
The Codex is Dr. Mark Leslie's field notebook that will grow each time a new animal, plant (or the like) crosses his path. It will then be updated with drawings, facts and other information about the find in front of you. The Codex will include Mark's field drawings, photographs, notes - and even voiced entries.
It may also help you learn the customs of different tribes and factions: Who are friends or foes? What foods they eat? What has happened to them in the epochs since the Penrose appeared?
Sometimes these will be world building, and at other times will offer up clues to help you on your way. All while uncovering the secrets of BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION's technology, from strange constructs that pierce the sky to small alien-looking medical implants.
The lore of our world is just waiting to be unearthed!
More information.

Wow. I didn't think this would meet its goal. Somewhat surprised ...

xile pumped it :)

Which is ironic in a way, because the world lore thing for BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION mentioned in this news article pretty much sounds like the Codex feature that was a stretch goal for TORMENT: TIDES that inxile cut out!

Every time I hear the name of this game I think of ice storms. They tear down trees and can knock out power for a week but, when the sun comes out and makes the ice glitter... oooooo!!

(And then some ice melts off a power line and falls on your car. Or you. Arg.)

Back
Top Bottom