ICY - Remastered Edition Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Remastered Edition of ICY will be released soon:

NEWS: The Remastered Edition is close to its release!

Many of you may be wondering what happened to the Remastered Edition we promised and the answer is pretty simple: we had some issues. It wouldn’t be neither fair nor professional to go into detail, so let’s just say that the results were underwhelming and we had to do something to keep our promise: release a completely improved version of ICY.

That’s why a new programmer with 20 years of experience is working with us to deliver what we promised. We had to start from scratch and completely rewrite all the code needed, but we had all the assets we needed to build the game and in a small time frame we already managed to rebuild most of it.

We have no excuses, that’s why we can’t do anything but apologize to all the people waiting for the Remastered Edition and work to give our best. We are working to release a solid and compelling game, improving as much as possible everything that was lacking in the old ICY. If we decided to completely trash the previous work on the Remastered Edition it is because it was completely disappointing. We promised you a real improvement and that’s what we will give you.

Here is a short video showing some of the new features and improvements.

[...]
Thanks daveyd!

More information.

I backed ICY on Indiegogo but didn't play the game for very long because some things seemed wonky (particularly the traveling IIRC) so I decided to wait for updates. But I have been excited ever since hearing about the Remastered edition as I think the game shows a lot of potential, as does Innervoid. I would love for their company to succeed so that we might someday get to play Zaharia (or any other dialogue-rich CRPG that doesn't take place in fantasy / (pseudo) medieval Western Europe for that matter!).

Started to play it when it was released, but got distracted along the way by some other game. It had potential back then and certainly merits another go with the remastered edtion.

The only problem is time… I just started Xenonauts and Bastard Bonds (plus a little Card Quest on the side)…

New to me, thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know if the Remastered is a free update to owners or a new purchase?

New to me, thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know if the Remastered is a free update to owners or a new purchase?

Will be a free update if you own the Steam or Humble store copy.

Back
Top Bottom