Drakensang:RoT We're getting it!

:lol:

Try that at a higher level ! :lol:

As a geode I thought I would try 'body of sumu' which petrifies your opponent and does huge damage to them (your VI + SP*) (!)…but leaves you with up to 5 wounds…I died :lol:

Brilliant spell anyways. I'd loved to see more that kind of unique spells. IMO, the new spells and miracles are much better than the old ones.

Yes, but they are your own creations. ;)

I've been upping my VI score...which I've always ignored in favour of talent/ability upgrades since I want to be able to use body of sumu! My own gripe i sthat geode rituals seem to last for very short periods of time, esp shield of sumu's shield, - I'd like a longer lasting perm version since I cannot wear metal armour and given how you get sucked into combat, I can very easily go down.

Um, I was going to say that I might get a copy of this for Xmas, but I see we're discussing the game already… :rolleyes:

Um, I was going to say that I might get a copy of this for Xmas, but I see we're discussing the game already… :rolleyes:

almost done ;-) finished main quest and now wrapping up side quests (which is a nice feature - you can go back and so stuff after the main game finishes, and no areas are locked)

@booboo: How many hours it did took to finish the main quest?

@ergo - not sure, but the main quest seemed quite short. I thought I was about 75% through when the final cut-scene rolled :-/ Do you get played time displayed on your game load screen?

I see by looking at my install/save dir I spent about 13 days over which I played it (but Christmas happened in between so I didn't play that much). I'd guess 35 hours (excl the Efferd quests). I play fairly slowly though, and like to look everywhere, and check each barrel etc ;-) . It definitely seemed on the short side though.

It was great fun though - so I was sad to hear that Philessons Secret is such a let down (and that there will be no more games like this :-/ )

There will be an TDE adventure game this year or next year.

There will be an TDE adventure game this year or next year.

Is that "the dark eye: Demonicon"? Or? What I'm keen to play is a game that exposes the same rule set complexity as DS and DS:TRoT. If its some watered down "streamlined" new game I'd be bitterly disappointed.

No, "Demonicon" is another RPG, although we know very little about it, currently.

The adventure game is called "Satinav's Chains" ("Satinavs Ketten").

Satinav is kind of a half-god ? demon ? who seems to be responsible for the Time as such in the TDE cosmology. At least that's how I have understood it this far. More on him here : http://wiki-aventurica.de/index.php/Satinav

No, "Demonicon" is another RPG, although we know very little about it, currently.

The adventure game is called "Satinav's Chains" ("Satinavs Ketten").

Satinav is kind of a half-god ? demon ? who seems to be responsible for the Time as such in the TDE cosmology. At least that's how I have understood it this far. More on him here : http://wiki-aventurica.de/index.php/Satinav

Sounds like something for your car - Satnav Chains ;-)

It looks like this will be a TDE game, but not an RPG? :-/ I'm not really that keen on adventure games, but I'll keep an eye on this nonetheless.

Yes, it will be an RPG game.

And it is possible that I'm partially responsible for that.

The boss of Chromatrix, the TDE video games license holder, and I were talking at the RPC 2008 ? 2009 ? about Drakensang and possible future TDE games.
Being a fan of adventure games, i thought it would be interesting to have one. :)

That this comes into reality is partially because of 2 points here in Germany :

- TDE is still big
- Adventures are selling quite good, still, compared to other countries.

Germany might even be the only bigger "western" country left in which adventure games are well received and have a relarively strong cuture. "Gray Matter" by Jane Jensen would hve been impossible in the U.S. , for example, I almost asume, because no publisher would want to fund it there - and that because of adventure games' total lack of action (apart of dedicated action-adventures like Lara Croft, for example, or Indy Jones).

I must say that I don't quite get the ranting about Gray Matter not being released in the U.S. ... Because I've come to the opinion that the U.S. market is SO MUCH action oriented that "dull, boring" non-action adventure games would have zero chance there. No company with a little bit of sense would want to publish it there - I assume this, because i have the feling as if the big publisher's "Education" and/or "training" to only buy action games has quite succeeded.

This is my very personal opinion. And take it with some grains of salt, because I don't live in the U.S. . I can only deduce from what I sense here.

And p.s. : I read in a report in a gaming magazine that dtp, who funded Gray Matter, will perhaps never get the costs back even internationally ... Because this project was so big and hence so cost-intensive ... I think we should rather be grateful that it had been released at all, after its long time of development an its several stops when it was developed witin other gaming companies ...

There is a Preview of Satinavs Chains in the actual issue of Computer Bild Spiele. It plays in the backwater-Kingdom of Andergast. You take the role of a youth named Geron who is the Victim of the Death-Curse of a Seer when he watches a Witch-Burning at the age of 6. He is cursed with bad luck from then on. 13 years later the game begins when seemingly the vengeful ghost of the seer returns. There is also a female Character who assists the protagonist and is at least indirect controllable. She also looks suspiciously like a Witch - but thankfully on the young and attractive side :)

Gamersgate
Impulse

11/1/11 release, can't confirm pricing info as GG has it unpriced and Impulse has it as being region locked, being Geographically Challenged relative to North American types, though I've seen it stated as 20 USD.

(Not on Steam's upcoming list so far as I can tell)

There is a Preview of Satinavs Chains in the actual issue of Computer Bild Spiele. It plays in the backwater-Kingdom of Andergast. You take the role of a youth named Geron who is the Victim of the Death-Curse of a Seer when he watches a Witch-Burning at the age of 6. He is cursed with bad luck from then on. 13 years later the game begins when seemingly the vengeful ghost of the seer returns. There is also a female Character who assists the protagonist and is at least indirect controllable. She also looks suspiciously like a Witch - but thankfully on the young and attractive side :)

Sounds interesting - any idea of when it will be done?

Yes, it will be an RPG game.

And it is possible that I'm partially responsible for that.

The boss of Chromatrix, the TDE video games license holder, and I were talking at the RPC 2008 ? 2009 ? about Drakensang and possible future TDE games.
Being a fan of adventure games, i thought it would be interesting to have one. :)

@Alrik: are you saying that it is an RPG rather than an "adventure" (in the sense of Monkey Island ect)? Just making sure ;-)

@Alrik: are you saying that it is an RPG rather than an "adventure" (in the sense of Monkey Island ect)? Just making sure ;-)

No, no, no, it is or rather will be an adventure game. ;)

But one that comes out of an pen & paper RPG environment. ;)

I think this is the very first time a thing like that happens - apart from the axed WarCraft adventure game ...

Back
Top Bottom