Avowed - Announce Trailer

Re-post of my forum comment.:)

So it's a first person ARPG set in the PoE setting? Gotta say I'm not excited right now but that might change when I see more game-play. Also not surprised due to three reasons.

1. Sales of the 2nd game weren't good.
2. Obsidian admitted they were going to make spin-offs.
3. Microsoft is funding the game.

Sorry no fanboy gushing from me just yet for an announcement video.:p

I absolutely hated that arrow flying for so long in the teaser. That's not how arrows work, dammit. I'm not enthusiastic about this game

Re-post of my forum comment.:)

So it's a first person ARPG set in the PoE setting? Gotta say I'm not excited right now but that might change when I see more game-play. Also not surprised due to three reasons.

1. Sales of the 2nd game weren't good.
2. Obsidian admitted they were going to make spin-offs.
3. Microsoft is funding the game.

Sorry no fanboy gushing from me just yet for an announcement video.:p

Microsoft owns them, not just funding.

Microsoft owns them, not just funding.
Hence their funding them. Thanks for your reply though.
I absolutely hated that arrow flying for so long in the teaser. That's not how arrows work, dammit. I'm not enthusiastic about this game
Hey its fantasy you can do whatever you want to.:biggrin:

Finally a new TES game :)
Yep I agree but we don't know if it's fully open world yet though. All we know is it's based on the PoE setting, and it's first person. Basically need more info and gameplay.

I still remember many calling The Outer Worlds the next Fallout NV. It wasn't. Still having said that I'm excited to see what becomes of this project. Please be good. :fingerscrossed:

I like Obsidian, but it's a pretty uninspiring trailer. I would much rather have a new isometric, but I guess poor PoE2 sales sank that idea sadly.

I like Obsidian, but it's a pretty uninspiring trailer. I would much rather have a new isometric, but I guess poor PoE2 sales sank that idea sadly.
That was my first thought also even though PoE 2 was a vast improvement. Guess the isometric RPG revival is declining and that makes me very sad.

Still there are a few smaller developers still making them for now at least.:(

I really enjoyed Pillars 1 and 2 quite a bit, and I've loved all Elder Scrolls games. I'm still hoping for a Pillars 3 eventually, but this announcement has me pretty excited.

Is it confirmed that it will be in the world of PoE?
Yes Eora is the common name of the world which Pillars of Eternity is set in. This was mentioned on the forum thread, and Obsidian probably didn't want to use the name.

My guess and others was it's to avoid backlash from fans of the first two games.

Is it confirmed that it will be in the world of PoE?

Eora is the world that Pillars of Eternity is set in . The attached video was posted by the official Xbox youtube account, and its summary says the game is set in Eora. Seems pretty confirmed to me, unless they made a mistake in the summary.

Dang… It's pretty sad when Obsidian (makers of KOTOR2, F:NV, NWN2, PoE, OW) can't win over a crowd of RPG enthusiasts by giving away their newest games. Pillars of Eternity cost me $150 on Kickstarter so any criticisms are justified…
but Avowed will be FREE on Game Pass! ;)

Dang… It's pretty sad when Obsidian (makers of KOTOR2, F:NV, NWN2, PoE, OW) can't win over a crowd of RPG enthusiasts by giving away their newest games.

That Obsidian is dead. The husk that remains isnt the same as the original. Not saying the team can't do great things, but Obsidian is a name only now, it means nothing.

Maybe so, but that "husk" has serious money behind it now. The game may be crap; too soon to tell... but it's sure to be pretty crap... and you can't argue with FREE.

BTW, did everyone miss the reveal of a new Fable by Playground Games?
https://youtu.be/zErpCsk1Dks

That Obsidian is dead. The husk that remains isnt the same as the original. Not saying the team can't do great things, but Obsidian is a name only now, it means nothing.

Are you sure that's so? I don't know about Obsidian, but I do know Microsoft paid handsomely for the Ninja Theory studio, in Cambridge. I'm pretty sure the value of that purchase is in the talent, not the Studio name or the Hellblade franchise.

Avowed will be FREE on Game Pass!
Well I don't use Game Pass so it wont be free. Hence a Steam release in the video.
BTW, did everyone miss the reveal of a new Fable by Playground Games?
https://youtu.be/zErpCsk1Dks
Shared that video in my news thread consider me cautious based on previous games.
It's the fate of every great old time RPG developer it seems.

I hate change and getting old.:biggrin:

Well it seems Obsidian is also finally releasing The Outer Worlds DLC.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon – Official Trailer

In fact a second expansion was also hinted in the description.

I'll try to keep an open mind, but I'm not feeling much excitement here.

A Skyrim clone likely being made with Unreal 4 Engine isn't what I was hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom