The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Director's Cut is coming at June 2019

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
To late for me sorry to say.:(

I'm tired of buggy kickstarter games.

Since I never even installed the game, so I must wait a little more, is that so?

Last edited:
Even more reason to look forward to the time when I replay this, I'm really pleased to see all their efforts in improving this game to the state it should have been for the initial launch.

Good to hear! Though "director's cut" is kinda odd. Isn't that restoring things that were cut during development? Maybe they should call it the "Version You Should Have Waited For Edition"? (After giving out false phone numbers to Microsoft's marketing division. ;)

There is an area - i found it - where you reach a point and it isn't complete. I hope that is what they will fill out as it is kind of more interesting area.....

Well, Kenshi is just getting too grindy so I got this game off GOG for pretty cheap.

Love the music so far and the combat has been fun, too. The puzzles are barely anything at this point.

It's interesting what they did with the save system. Some save points can be used as much as you like. Others let you use them once OR consume them for bonus XP. Both kinds heal you. Definitely a really interesting idea. Also definitely not my cup of tea - so I turned it off in favor of being able to save anywhere. That means those save points are essentially heal points. I sure hope I haven't mangled game balance.

I made my character a "practitioner" (mage) but it's pretty clear the game is made around you being a bard so I quickly added a re-built Melody back into the party.

It won't really affect balance too much Zloth. The amount of xp you get from them is useful at low levels but by the mid-game you need so much xp to level and you get so much from each fight the xp from the save spots is trivial.

Most of the maps partially replenish with harder mobs at certain points in the game so there is also opportunity to backtrack and get more xp if you really need it.

"The Bard’s Tale ARPG Smashes onto Xbox One and Nintendo Switch June 18"

I'm not that familiar with this Bard's Tale game, but from what I heard it's lackluster. Why would they release it on a console in the final stretch of its life is beyond me. Well, profit, of course, but wouldn't it be better to wait for the now Xbox? Switch I see as viable. ARPGs and top-down action games are just made for this console, it will sell.

"The Bard’s Tale ARPG Smashes onto Xbox One and Nintendo Switch June 18"

I'm not that familiar with this Bard's Tale game, but from what I heard it's lackluster.

FYI, this Bard's Tale was an old PS2/XBoriginal game, based on the super successful and super fun Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ARPG.

This Bard's Tale had some amusing geek humor, and … nothing else. While the original BG: Dark Alliance was a slick action game, this Bard's Tale was a wonky, ugly, boring mess.

The port also seems to be very cheap, they haven't even bothered to fix the original's 4:3 aspect ratio for 16:9, hence the slightly deformed headed protagonist in the teaser video.

Based on the trailer: avoid it, and play DiabloIII, Victor Vran or Titan's Quest (patched!) on your Switch for that health dose of isometric ARPG fix.

Disclaimer:
Not to be confused with that Bard's Tale (AKA IV), which is a very good, but misfired dungeon trotter.

Definitely enjoying the game quite a bit so far. I'm just about to take my first steps out of the starting town. (There's another tower to still do in S.B. but I can't find a way in to all the critters.)

One thing I'm not at all happy about, though: I got the full version of the game including the soundtrack. But the soundtrack is just the first of three CDs!! You can get the other two on Amazon for $9.50 each. WTF!?! You don't even get the main title song, for pity's sake!

Back
Top Bottom