Mafia Trilogy/Remaster

Remastering games about a mobster driving formula.
How about instead of remaster make a new game where Al Capone is in reality Santa Claus.

So another remaster no one probably wants once again.

Let me guess it's THQ Nordic or whatever the hell they call themselves nowadays.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself, the older Mafia games were fairly popular. I'm definitely interested in a remaster of the first game.

I do speak for myself. :p

Anyway bought and played all three already& won't buy them again

I loved the first one and still drop in and play a mission sometimes but I am a sucker for the period and there really isn´t any other games about it around

Tried the second one but really never got in to it although that was in part due to a too feeble computer so should perhaps try again

mafia 1 even got me to pay premium price for Al Jolson, Chinatown My Chinatown on shellac/78 rpm I already had it on vinyl but it´s just not the same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHylJxETdQ

edit: I often pay premium for good 78:s since I think some recordings just sounds better in the format it was recorded for and I like to own the artifacts

also the django tunes are off course amazing in M1 but those I already owned before playing the game

Last edited:
How about instead of remaster make a new game where Al Capone is in reality Santa Claus.

Excalty why make a new game when it's easier to remaster or remake.

It's the same crap going on with movies nowadays.

I loved the first one and still drop in and play a mission sometimes but I am a sucker for the period and there really isn´t any other games about it around

Tried the second one but really never got in to it although that was in part due to a too feeble computer so should perhaps try again
I agree the first game was more memorable as it took place when the Mafia was at it's peak, and not the usual 1960-80's when they peaked. Wish more games like this were set in earlier times.

Lol not Jaqen H'Ghar but my post was edited.:lol:

Mafia 3 is only a few years old, so yeah, a remaster isn't going to do much at this point. If they're going to sell the remastered trilogy as a bundle though, I guess they might as well do all three.

Personally, I'm only interested in the first two games. I don't care for the setting in Mafia 3.

Mafia 2 has its moments. The mission set-pieces and characterisation are way better than the open world, which though promising at first, becomes sterile real fast.

Wouldn't mind a remaster of the first one, which I haven't played/don't own. No. 3 is still in my "to play" queue. I bought it ages ago but delayed so I could benefit from bug fixes, then kinda forgot about it.

I do speak for myself. :p

Unless you're Jaqen H'Ghar, when you say that "no one" wanted it, you're not speaking for yourself. Don't double down when you don't have a rhetorical leg to stand on.

The Mafia games are on sale on Humble store and I was eyeballing 2 and 3 yesterday. As far as I can tell, 3 in particular holds up graphically. The issues with it are bugs and railroading. The latter, a remaster won't fix, and the former doesn't need a remaster, just a patch. I have some interest in the games, but not in newer, more expensive versions of the same thing.

My favourite was the first mafia, but the sequel had quite an ending! I will definitely get this.

That just doesn't make any sense. :p

Is as real as is a top formula racer who's mobster in his spare time.

Ah so it is the driving part of the game which bothers you and breaks the immersion. The game did have an excessive ammount of driving for sure and the racing part was heavily criticized even during it's release because it was actually darn difficult to win the race. I think they lowered the difficulty of that race quite a bit with a patch since they got so many complaints.

You can cheat in the race by taking a shortcut which as you are a mobster shouldn´t bother you

Sure I can. Or I can play other games that are fun.

The first game is the best. (That race was hard as fuck... but did not bother me as shit other games pull)
Again I hate when they removed sound tracks from the game we bought...
And I can see this so called "remastered" removing more stuff and introducing bugs.
Just watch what rockstar did with GTA IV....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls1ljhylHA&feature=emb_title

Mafia 2 and 3 Definitives are available now. Mafia 1 Definitive on August 28.

Is it me, or did they change the main voice actor in Mafia 1? It sounds different in the trailer. I guess they did, if they're saying it's gonna have extra content(voice-overs/missions/etc)

Mafia: Definitive Edition – the centerpiece of Mafia: Trilogy – is a comprehensive, rebuilt-from-the-ground-up remake of the original Mafia, complete with an updated script filled with rich new dialogue, expanded backstories, and additional cutscenes; all-new gameplay sequences and features; the same stellar game engine that powered Mafia III’s best-in-class cinematics; and other enhancements. It’s the Mafia players remember, only much more.

Back
Top Bottom