Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Stretch Goals

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is now well into stretch goals. The warpriest has already been reached and the new companion is not far away.

Warpriests are unflinching bastions of their faith, shouting dogma while they beat foes into submission, and they never shy away from a challenge to their beliefs. While clerics rely more on their spells and inquisitors may use guile, knowledge, or diplomacy to accomplish their aims, warpriests' main focus is violence. In many faiths, warpriests form the core of their church's martial forces - reclaiming lost relics, rescuing captured clergy, and defending the church's tenets from all challenges.

As one of the so-called "hybrid" classes, the warpriest has both unique abilities and a mix of abilities from the cleric, fighter, paladin, and even a bit of monk. From the cleric class, he gains his spells - with a spell progression going up to 6th level (he can cast a swift action when targeting himself), blessings (more combat and less utility-oriented version of domains), and an ability to channel energy. From the fighter, he gains bonus combat feats, and proficiency in all martial weapons and heavy armor. From the paladin, an ability to enchant his weapons and armor, and an ability to heal himself similar to the paladin's Lay on Hands - without the pesky restriction on Lawful Good alignment. And from the monk he gains a weapon damage progression - making even the less brutal but favored weapons of deities mighty in the warpriest's hands. Among those, a ton of abilities using swift actions guarantees that neither healing nor buffing will distract a warpriest from the slaying of his foes.

[...]

e833bbdb9e86bf475c4cfd84455ec31f_original.png

The wastelands of the Worldwound are full of traps and hidden treasures, waiting for the right person with a steady hand and a passion for looting. And you just so happen to have such a person in your party. Meet Woljif Jefto, an easygoing, over-talkative tiefling and eldritch scoundrel trying to find his place between two worlds.

Woljif was unlucky enough to be born in Mendev, the land ravaged by demons, where tieflings are still the subject of scorn and distrust. The birth of a boy with horns, a tail, and golden eyes was his family's undoing. The secret that his seemingly human mother had tried to hide was now out: the blood of the abyssal creature had revealed itself. Woljif's father left, never to return, and his mother took the boy to Kenabres, to the woman responsible for all the family's misfortunes. Thus began Woljif's life in Kenabres. His grandmother felt no remorse for her connection with demons. She saw her grandson only as a tool for stealing food and money, and she beat him mercilessly when he failed. From a young age, Woljif learned that the word "family" meant nothing if you were an unwanted child, and the word "friends" meant even less if you were a tiefling with clearly demonic features. Woljif has never learned anything about his demonic forebears, but he has always known that his heritage is waiting for him: something of both worlds that is truly his and his alone.

[...]
More information.

500K Stretchy Goal: We turn the game into turn-based tactical!
Then I take back my pledge. Wouldn't feel sorry about it either.:mean:

Man, he's trolling better than I could as I'd mention timers again being extremely butthurt by those.
So just thumb him up and let's see if he was right when they announce the next goal. ;)

Don't know as I see combat on the next unrevealed stretch goal.:)

500K Stretchy Goal: We turn the game into turn-based tactical!

Yeah, I'd be verrry tempted if they used the Combat System of the Gods™ instead of the Unholy Abomination of real-time fumbling.

If a goal is to make it TB then I will hack their accounts and siphon off all the money to prevent it from happening. Would hate to see a great game ruined by adding an archaic time-sink combat mode.

Next goal is revealed - Mounted Combat:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project..._email_backer_project_update_registered_users

Optional TB is fine, options are good, assuming it doesn't delay or otherwise take away from development of the real game.

I don't have real data but some old steamspy (no idea if accurate) said 635K copies sold and Nexus has 27,665 unique downloads for the TB mod or 4.4% of the players (for an unscientific estimate) so its a niche base.

EDIT: Course not everyone wants to mod a game, hence not really scientific or factual based data here. Perhaps one could argue that TB gamers are more hard-core players (I mean you kind of have to be to put up with the painfully long combat :p ) and hence more likely to turn to mods.

Ill be pledging for sure just haven’t decided at what level yet. The $99 tier plus alpha access that @purpleblob; got is they way I’m leaning, but the collector edition is tempting.

As for TB, aren’t they using the same engine for this game as the first. I would think that would make it pretty easy for the TB mod of the first game to be adapted to the second.

Mounted combat - hmmm I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Also Winter Witch prestige class is unlocked via social goal :)

I don't have real data but some old steamspy (no idea if accurate) said 635K copies sold and Nexus has 27,665 unique downloads for the TB mod or 4.4% of the players (for an unscientific estimate) so its a niche base.

Given that the mod wasn't released until the game had already been out for a while, I'd say those numbers aren't that useful. I and everyone I know was already done with it before that mod came out.

But for TB to be really successful it needs to be baked in so that they can do what POE did and reduce the number of fights. Kingmaker was great but it has a ridiculous number of pointless filler combats. I wouldn't want to do them all in turn based either. Even real time felt like a slog sometimes. But some of the more interesting and difficult fights I would have loved to do in TB.

I'm not too wild about mounted combat either - but if it gets more interest, I don't mind. What I woudl like is more diversity in the scene elements. PF: K had quite a lot of repeated scene elements/landscapes and that messes with my sense of immersion. So basically more resources devoted to unique areas. I was a bitw ary of th emythic paths, but I see you don't have to be a lich, angel etc but can simply be a general 'legendary'/mythic character, which I am fine with. Anyway, pledged at the base tier because the collectibles bits/bobs don't interest me - and they would probably take forever to arrive here - if at all ;)

Mounted combat for this kind of game (isometric, party-based, rtwp) would indeed be a novelty of I'm not mistaken.

Given that the mod wasn't released until the game had already been out for a while, I'd say those numbers aren't that useful. I and everyone I know was already done with it before that mod came out.

But for TB to be really successful it needs to be baked in so that they can do what POE did and reduce the number of fights. Kingmaker was great but it has a ridiculous number of pointless filler combats. I wouldn't want to do them all in turn based either. Even real time felt like a slog sometimes. But some of the more interesting and difficult fights I would have loved to do in TB.

That makes sense. I admit there are some big fights where it would have been easier to focus that way. Yet after playing DDOS2 and seeing how long the battles took ... wore me out on TB and never recovered, at least not yet.

I should add I was a bit tongue in cheek. While not real fan of TB combat (although I was when I was younger) I know people love it here. I was just poking back although of course I would want WOR to have it as an option not replace the RTWP as I really couldn't manage mentally playing a long TB game at this point.

Optional TB is fine, options are good, assuming it doesn't delay or otherwise take away from development of the real game.
Don't want to dump on your awful real-time gameplay –I've already got too many games to play anyway– but there's no such thing as "Optional TB". Any game designed for real-time that then adds a shitty, slapped-on optional turn-based mode would be an even worse abortion than just the straight real-time style.

If anyone wants to chime with a game where the optional turn-based mode was in any way enjoyable, please.

@screeg; XCOM Apocalypse had a turn based and real time with pause mode. It was enjoyable enough. I switched to real time when I wanted to find the last alien. Just set to max speed for the last alien, who will try to ambush my troops, and make sure they are all positioned together in a kill zone. Alien dead and I don't waste an hour in turn based mode.

A stretch goal I would love to see:

"Stretch Goal: We fully finish and bug-test the base game before baiting people with fancy stuff to fork more money into it."

Back
Top Bottom