My blog on the making of an isometric RPG

blackwater

Traveler
Hi all. I'm at the start of a long road in making a classic isometric rpg for both PC and Mac. It will feature things like turn based combat, a large world to explore, deep story line, etc. I'm probably a year away at least since I work on it at night and weekends but I'm blogging about my experiences like the hurdles I face on a weekly basis and how I overcome them as well as my other thoughts on creating the game. Perhaps my ramblings will make an interesting read to some of you :)

http://blackwatergames.blogspot.com

Good luck and godspeed to you on your great endeavour!

P.S. You're in for a long haul. RPGs take a lot of effort and a long time to make, especially ones with "a large world to explore and a deep story line". Even more so, if they're done by one man teams (unless you're Jeff Vogel). And even more so, if they're done by one man on their spare time. So, a year might be a tad optimistic estimate. Just saying.

Good Luck - I'm not even able to finish a mod for NWN or NWN 2 with my (god-damned) Day Job :(

Thanks for the feedback guys, you make very correct points :) I guess I'm a hopeless optimistic dreamer!

Back
Top Bottom