Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker free portrait DLC poll

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
P

purpleblob

There is a poll up for upcoming free portrait DLC. See below for detail. It was posted via facebook so I'm not sure if you need facebook account to vote or not.

Dear Pathfinders,
Many of you have asked us to add more character portraits in the game – and we hear you loud and clear! In the upcoming weeks, we are going to release a free DLC pack with a couple of new character portraits. To make the most out of it, we decided to ask you: which portraits would you like to see in the upcoming free DLC?
We have set up a poll consisting of three parts. Firstly, you can vote on the gender and race of those depicted in the portraits. Secondly, you can vote on their class. Finally, you can also add a description of the portrait of your dream for our artists to read and draw inspiration from!

https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSdlbVbzpejWIDL-97…/viewform

I voted for half elf female magus, but added the note in description section that I want eldritch knight portrait, not magus :p

There's a thread on steam and nexus that add 180 more portraits. It's free.

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware there are mods, but I'm not going to say no to more free portraits.

I want a portrait for a female halfling paladin scaled fist eldritch scion dragon disciple.

:biggrin:

I have to say, I rarely find what I need in portrait packs or the standard portraits. Mostly, I search for pictures online until something fits my idea of the character, than I modify it a bit, and that's it.

By the way. Am I the only one who thinks that custom portrait selection is implemented... uh.. in a somewhat clunky fashion?

By the way: What I really think they should do is more voices. I'd really appreciate some variety there. It's easy to do custom portraits, but voices are a different story.

Question for all: Does anyone ever play old (as in elderly) characters in these games? Portrait packs always have dozens of elderly, gray haired dudes... seems weird to me to start a character at level one who has a long gray beard and wrinkles.

That problem can sometimes go both ways. Having a really young looking guy that suddenly becomes an archmage within a few months of adventuring.. well.

If you have to, you can think of excuses for it. For instance: Got kicked in the head / hit by a magic spell -> Amnesia -> Needs to learn everything again. Or: actually young, the old look is a curse by that old witch you once made fun of.

Very original, I know. ;)

I make my own in Skyrim. Much more fun that way and I can use mods to really get the image fairly close to match what I want.

Question for all: Does anyone ever play old (as in elderly) characters in these games? Portrait packs always have dozens of elderly, gray haired dudes… seems weird to me to start a character at level one who has a long gray beard and wrinkles.

Well he could be old but just started adventuring. Maybe he had a mid to late life calling to become a Mage or whatever. Like that new series about the 40 year old cop :D

I make my own in Skyrim. Much more fun that way and I can use mods to really get the image fairly close to match what I want.

Yeah. I've stumbled on a few Pinterest feeds with loads of portraits - from Skyrim, from shows, from f2p phone games, whatever. Then it's just a matter of finding ones that are big enough to make custom portraits out of and not lose a lot of quality. I've made four so far - two for wifey and two for me - and I'm really pleased with them.

Maybe we could start an RPGWatch repository for sharing portraits or something.

But I agree on the voices. More voices, for sure. There's not a ton of variety on the ones that are there, and sometimes they hit me with a Spellforce level of bad acting. Yikes.

Yeah. I've stumbled on a few Pinterest feeds with loads of portraits - from Skyrim, from shows, from f2p phone games, whatever. Then it's just a matter of finding ones that are big enough to make custom portraits out of and not lose a lot of quality. I've made four so far - two for wifey and two for me - and I'm really pleased with them.

Maybe we could start an RPGWatch repository for sharing portraits or something.

But I agree on the voices. More voices, for sure. There's not a ton of variety on the ones that are there, and sometimes they hit me with a Spellforce level of bad acting. Yikes.

Totally agree on the voices. Some of the worst, at least for males. But then overall not overly hyped with any of the voice overs except for a couple.

Is it possible to turn voices off? I'd much rather go text only than deal with lame voice acting.

I have no problem with the voice acting in general, but I'd like more variety for your own characters.

Question for all: Does anyone ever play old (as in elderly) characters in these games? Portrait packs always have dozens of elderly, gray haired dudes… seems weird to me to start a character at level one who has a long gray beard and wrinkles.

So that most of the audience would better roleplay ( as themselves), of course!

Here's Archie with a wizard's hat

Grumpy-old-man.jpg

With all the selfies being taken these days I'm surprise this is an issue. Just pick your fravorite friend (or least favorite) and click/snitch/paste/....

Back
Top Bottom