Dragon Age 3 - Team Seconded to SWTOR?

As I see it, this is great news for DA3 - DA2 reallu suffered from to short a development and one of the devs, John Epler maybe? wrote on the DA2's BSN boards that 'we're not going to rush this one.'

As such, it makes sense to move the DA team to help on patches etc. with SW:TOR - since it is probably only the writers etc. that are discussing things right now...

As I see it, this is great news for DA3 - DA2 reallu suffered from to short a development and one of the devs, John Epler maybe? wrote on the DA2's BSN boards that 'we're not going to rush this one.'

As such, it makes sense to move the DA team to help on patches etc. with SW:TOR - since it is probably only the writers etc. that are discussing things right now…

Maybe I'm a glass-half-empty guy, but I see it as the opposite. They are taking funding away from one game, in this case DA3, and giving it to another in an effort to 'save' it. It shows that BioWare's centerpiece (SWTOR) is struggling and all other projects are tertiary to it.

That said, I use words like "save" and "struggling" in context only. It still has over a million subscribers, so I don't meant to suggest it's on the verge of failure. But clearly it's bleeding players far faster than BioEA's business model had planned.

That is… If you trust EA's report suggesting they have over a million subscribers? I wouldn't put it past them to outright fabricate server populations considering their other business practices.

That's the problem with post-wow mmos (it latter itself included). They're all so damn easy, completed within weeks. It totally voids the whole point of a monthly subscription.

Hmm with WoW and most MMO's I presume you can't ever really complete them, even if you get to max level there are more raids to do, gear to grind ad infinitum...

Not saying I would choose to mind!

Daniel.

I think he's saying that "meaningful content" is exhausted too soon.

Back
Top Bottom