CDR Projekt alludes to monetization

Yeah, yeah. Let's see.

Your post with close-to-zero content: Yesterday
Clickbait articles about microtransactions pop up everywhere: last few days
Announcement of multiplayer by CD Projekt RED (not CDR Projekt): Several months ago.

Curious!

If there really is any "jumping to conclusions", blame it on your lazy original post. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
It looks like it turned out to be a bogus rumor, but even if it wasn't, does anyone really care if they have optional transactions in the multiplayer mode?

It looks like it turned out to be a bogus rumor, but even if it wasn't, does anyone really care if they have optional transactions in the multiplayer mode?

I don't. Then again, I don't care about a multiplayer mode.

The thing I would not be happy about is turning it into a "game as service" in any way, because that would channel resources away from future projects I would be infinitely more interested in.

Yeah, yeah. Let's see.

Your post with close-to-zero content: Yesterday
Clickbait articles about microtransactions pop up everywhere: last few days

Indeed. Once again, people are responsible for their opinion. People who choose to interpret monetization as meaning exclusively micro transactions are responsible for it.
Just like people chosing to interpret monetization as monetization are responsible for it.

Interpretating it as meaning micro transactions is part of the scheme: it will allow to deny monetization happens when it happens.
There cant be monetization if that is not micro transactions etc

It is no longer 1776.

Announcement of multiplayer by CD Projekt RED (not CDR Projekt): Several months ago.

Curious!

Nothing curious.

CDR Projekt works the same: they release a rumour, let their army of stalwarts build a wall of denial then release the confirmation.

MU thing started as a rumour, it allowed the enlightened to paint it in a relative light. It is all relative after all.
If there really is any "jumping to conclusions", blame it on your lazy original post. :)
Weird stuff. It is quite unlikely that this thread has influenced anyone who wrote or spoke about microtransactions as the exclusive form of monetization.

But will it be streamed?

Pointless question. It is a made for streamer product. Not only it will be streamed, but CDR Projekt will organize it so that it is a huge streaming event.
They might even provides early keys to streamers.

Not only it will be streamed, but it is going to be watched being streamed.

Weird stuff. It is quite unlikely that this thread has influenced anyone who wrote or spoke about microtransactions as the exclusive form of monetization.

Well, our communication is, as usual, non-functional. ;)

Anyways, I referred to the conclusions in posts from this very thread.

This must be given to CDR Projekt: after testing the waters about monetization, they are now coming with official statements about sex scenes.

They know how to deal with their customers. They are going to show people how things are done properly.

Well, our communication is, as usual, non-functional. ;)
As it must be.

Following previous posts, it appears that posts were perceived as written in english.
Which blew up the mandatory exit door. After two hundreds years plus of institutionalized double standards, people must be provided with exit doors.

As a result, the failure of interpretating monetization as monetization was attributed to lazy communication. It could not be the failure of people interpretating monetization as micro transactions only.

It is mandatory to provide people with exit doors. When not, they beg for it.

I'm replaying W3. What a great, ambitious game. I was in a "bad place" mentally when I first played, and I'm enjoying it more this time around. It really is a "stop and smell the flowers" kind of game. The combat though... ugh. It's just OK. And I would like more exploration versus chasing question marks. But it really feels well crafted, jank and all. And yes, there's plenty of jank.

Oh you lucky guy. I recommend both expansions as well.

And I recommend concentrating only on what makes you happy.
If coming from mmos go for mundane sea question marks, if you hate grinding feel free to skip all of them as they don't bring anything of significance. For example.

The beauty of TW3 is that you don't have to waste time on filler yet it's there to provide grind opportunities to everyone who can't live without it.

I'm replaying W3. What a great, ambitious game. I was in a "bad place" mentally when I first played, and I'm enjoying it more this time around. It really is a "stop and smell the flowers" kind of game. The combat though… ugh. It's just OK. And I would like more exploration versus chasing question marks. But it really feels well crafted, jank and all. And yes, there's plenty of jank.

I found that chasing question marks was making the game feel more disappointing since they're mostly bandit camps, monster nests, that sort of thing. Very little of interest. But I also found that the real exploration is in seeking out the buildings on the map. There are many of them that are never signposted, and actually have worthwhile things in them to discover. I'd recommend that route. Though when and if you get to Blood and Wine (and you should), chasing those ? sites tends to be more rewarding.

And yeah, I love W3, but the gameplay in general is average at best, imo. A big reason why I'm all the way on board for the first person approach in Cyberpunk 2077. I think the act of playing itself (separate from story, etc) will be a good deal more fun in Cyberpunk.

Back
Top Bottom