C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Nice :) We start to get to the level of criticism the game deserves.

I loved the architect review, but am of the opinion CP does deserve serious criticism.

And the apology they did was kind of bullshit in parts. They made it seem the PC version was great. And they said they din't find most of the reported issues on console. That's either a lie or they did close to no testing.

It's disappointing that in a moment of supposed honesty, they still needed to bullshit. At least management took public responsability, only to then say their testing team didn't find issues. :(

I hope that after the patching and fixing they also get to add back stuff that was cut. Even if part of the expansions. I hope CP2077's fate will end like the No Man's Sky one.

EDIT: Anyways, to get back to a more positive note. The Architect's review just underlines how fantastic the city is and how much work went into it. And it's a shame the same level of care wasn't allowed, and it got pushed before it was ready. Night City's beauty just makes the state of the game sting that much more. I think that could be part of the reason people are still pissed. And I'm not just talking about youtubers trying to make money.

Last edited:
@danutz_plusplus;, the bugs have to be mentioned for sure. The buggy launch is the only aspect of the game that did not meet my expectations and I am disappointed too. That said, the 1.06 version has about as many bugs as any AAA title at release. I.e. there are some but they don't really bother me any longer. In addition, the game has problems with physics, vehicle handling, UI, filler NPC AI, etc. While these aspects will no doubt be improved over the coming months, they are not bugs and should be considered in the reviews. Yet, the game is not *only* bugs and flaws. When it runs as it should (does on Stadia more or less), the game is absolutely stunning. To me, it is "the truly next-gen immersion" CDPR promised. Already at this moment as it is (many synonyms just to highlight so that you'll get it :D). Somehow this gets lost under all the negative.

About cut content: what do you mean by this? That the devs cut out something that they thought did not work and some nerd has found traces of that from the code? Creating and cutting content is called development, mind you.

About cut content: what do you mean by this? That the devs cut out something that they thought did not work and some nerd has found traces of that from the code? That is called development, mind you.
The latest employee leak shows game content was cut. One of the bigger cut features was the subway system, and a whole branch of your abilities with Johnny.

Another area was certain NPC's have less content as planned a well. So believe me there is more as the game was rebooted in 2016 to what we have now. Sad really.

Still whats there was enjoyable and expansions should flesh it our hopefully.

Last edited:
So believe me there is more as the game was rebooted in 2016 to what we have now. Sad really.

As I see it, the reboot was a great idea. The first-person perspective turned out to work great. I cannot name a single other game that has made the first-person perspective to work so well and I tend to prefer third-person.

Regarding subways and such, I was actually wondering why they had stations but no possibility to go in. Those could fit and could be added later as you say. The rest: why not trust the devs? If they say it didn't fit, then it probably didn't. As you say, they can always add stuff later. I hope they'll milk the Night City a bit now that they have done the hard work. I would love to have more content. Running out of things to do in CP2077.

Last edited:
@ In addition, the game has problems with physics, vehicle handling, UI, filler NPC AI, etc. While these aspects will no doubt be improved over the coming months, they are not bugs and should be considered in the reviews. [/quote] Anything that doesn't work as intended is a bug. Yes, those mentioned above also. If it's their design decision for those to work that way, then it's not a bug. Otherwise, it is. [QUOTE="largh, post: 1061629483, member: 34250"] About cut content: what do you mean by this? That the devs cut out something that they thought did not work and some nerd has found traces of that from the code? Creating and cutting content is called development, mind you.[/QUOTE] If it's stuff they think didn't fit, then it's fine. It should be cut. If, on the other hand, it's stuff they had to cut due to taking too long, or because they mismanaged other stuff or management wanting to hit this release deadline, I'd love for that to be put back in. As I said, even part of an expansion. I'd be accepting even of that.;

Anything that doesn't work as intended is a bug. Yes, those mentioned above also. If it's their design decision for those to work that way, then it's not a bug. Otherwise, it is.

Not that simple ;) Say, the crappy physics: they were probably well aware of it. It did not cause trouble in TW3 because Roach could not run 200 mph. In CP2077, it does, but they probably thought it was good enough and could be improved in the future if people complained about it. At least, that's how I would have thought as a dev. Time is always limited and one has to make the decision to call something good enough in the business. We all know that things could be improved almost forever if there was time.

Not that simple ;) Say, the crappy physics: they were probably well aware of it. It did not cause trouble in TW3 because Roach could not run 200 mph. In CP2077, it does, but they probably thought it was good enough and could be improved in the future if people complained about it. At least, that's how I would have thought as a dev. Time is always limited and one has to make the decision to call something good enough in the business. We all know that things could be improved almost forever if there was time.

Some bugs are only revealed under specific conditions. If they reused the same physics engine as in Witcher 3, those bugs got revealed in CP2077. They're still bugs, but you can live with them in Witcher 3. Not every bug needs/can be fixed. There's loads of unfixable bugs in software that are just due to backwards compatibility.

But if you can fix them, they should be fixed. Especially if they make the experience a lot worse.

Some bugs are only revealed under specific conditions. If they reused the same physics engine as in Witcher 3, those bugs got revealed in CP2077. They're still bugs, but you can live with them in Witcher 3. Not every bug needs/can be fixed. There's loads of unfixable bugs in software that are just due to backwards compatibility.

But if you can fix them, they should be fixed. Especially if they make the experience a lot worse.

With that logic, our lives would be bugs. So would be every game ever made. No wonder the reviewers are getting more and more negative by the day…They are bugs too.

I choose to call them "features".

With that logic, our lives would be bugs. So would be every game ever made. No wonder the reviewers are getting more and more negative by the day…They are bugs too.

I choose to call them "features".

da07c4812e65a714cc9ae0f8fdc78ae4.jpg

Some bugs do turn into features, indeed. Design and vision can change due to the appearance of a bug.

But if something doesn't work as intended and there's no change in design/vision, they're bugs. If they're fixable and/or serious they should be fixed.

CD Projekt RED confirms Second lawsuit filed over Cyberpunk 2077

Link - https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/second-cyberpunk-2077-lawsuit-cd-projekt-red-2859679
]The Polish developer shared the news via a regulatory announcement released on January 15, confirming that a second class action lawsuit has been filed against them in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.

CD Projekt RED says that the new claim is similar in subject and scope to the first lawsuit, which was filed by the Manhattan-based Rosen Law Firm late last year. That lawsuit, filed on behalf on CDPR investors, highlighted how the game “was virtually unplayable on the current-generation Xbox or PlayStation systems due to an enormous number of bugs”. CDPR also noted that the new lawsuit “does not specify the quantity of damages sought” and that the studio will “undertake vigorous action to defend itself against any such claims”.

The second lawsuit comes just a week after CDPR co-founder Marcin Iwiński issued a public apology to players for Cyberpunk 2077’s problematic launch in December. He also noted that the decision to release the game was made by its board of directors and had nothing to do with the development team. Shortly after the apology was released aired, Bloomberg published a report that suggested the game’s development team knew the game wasn’t ready for wide release, and claimed that the demo shown at E3 in 2018 was “almost entirely fake”.

Cyberpunk 2077 Review - RPG Codex
All things considered, Cyberpunk 2077 is an awfully mediocre game. It surely doesn’t bring anything new to the table, no cool mechanics to push the genre into a new branch of evolution regardless of what genre you consider this to be. Everything it offers has already been done elsewhere to some degree and also executed better.

While one can certainly have some mindless, relaxing fun with it, and experience its involving story I don't expect many to talk about CP2077 two five years from now. In that regard, it might share the destiny of Game of Thrones: build up hype and expectations to levels unheard of, only to disappoint so much during the finale that no one wants to talk about it anymore.

Behind paywall. Didn't read it but now the Economist writes about CP2077's "mixture of triumph and failure".

It sold 13m copies at up to $60 each in its first ten days, with buyers tempted by its mix of hyper-violence, women wearing inexplicably few clothes and a one-armed terrorist played by Keanu Reeves. Pre-launch hype turned its Warsaw-based creator, cd Projekt, into the country’s most valuable listed company and a rare example of European business succeeding at the frontier of a 21st-century industry, rather than coasting on a reputation built up in the century before.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2021/01/16/the-botched-launch-of-cyberpunk-2077

1GB patch on GoG today. Not certain what it does, but I assume it's the promised V1.1 patch.

Edit: found the announcement on Steam, couldn't find it on GoG at this time:

Patch 1.1
In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability
Various stability improvements including:
Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).

Quests/Open World
Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.

UI
Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
Removed an invalid item from loot.

Visual
Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements
Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous
Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.

PC-specific
It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.

I haven't tried the patch yet (its downloaded) but my friends on discord, who said the game was running fine on their PC with minor glitches ... now have lag, seams in the streets, slow loading armor textures, and some other bugs. For them, anyhow, the patch made things worse. May need a few hot fixes.

Back
Top Bottom