Phantom Doctrine - Preview @ RPS

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Rock Paper Shotgun checked out the Strategy RPG Phantom Doctrine:

Phantom Doctrine is much more than a Cold War XCOM

Phantom Doctrine is a game of ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’. I would have completed my mission without being spotted if one of my agents hadn’t been compromised but the fact that she turned on me and I managed to neutralise her at least means the enemy has played their hand and she can’t do any further damage. Now, even though our cover is blown, if we can make it to the extraction point this will still be a success.

But I’m really tempted to leave one member of my team behind if he keeps attracting the attention of guards and…oh, now there’s a helicopter and we’re apparently troublesome enough that missile strikes are an option. I am a bad spy.

[...]

The closer you look, the less of XCOM there is to see. It’s the machinery beneath the surface that makes Phantom Doctrine tick and I reckon it’s complex enough that I’ll enjoy getting my hands dirty and picking it apart.
Thank henriquejr!

More information.

henriquejr, thank you dude !!
Didnt know about this one, but now i do and it is wishlisted !!

henriquejr, thank you dude !!
Didnt know about this one, but now i do and it is wishlisted !!

You're welcome, @ikbenrichard; :)

It is also on my radar. Merry Christmas!

EDIT: a couple of days ago, @Silver; published a newsbit where PCGamer also takes a look at this game. The newsbit is: https://www.rpgwatch.com/#39176

It does indeed sound pretty damn interesting.

Who are the developers ? Er developers history? Vaguely i remember this game competing against Phoenix Point.
-
Er forget it. The folks who did hardwest. I thought they did a really good job with that game esp given the premise.

Who are the developers ? Er developers history? Vaguely i remember this game competing against Phoenix Point.
-
Er forget it. The folks who did hardwest. I thought they did a really good job with that game esp given the premise.

Oh, it's those guys? I found Hard West pretty good but never got very far since some other game caught my attention.

It sounds very interesting indeed. Will definitely get it when it's out.

Hard West had good mechanics, but since there was no real progression it was ultimately unsatisfying.

It sounds very interesting indeed. Will definitely get it when it's out.

Hard West had good mechanics, but since there was no real progression it was ultimately unsatisfying.

Yeah, I played through the first chapter but the fact you start from scratch in the next one did feel a bit sad.

Back
Top Bottom