Rune - New Rebuildable System

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A blog post for Rune introduces the Rebuildable System.

Viking Domination: A Look at the New Rebuildable System

11 / 16 / 18
rebuildableheader.jpg

War, turmoil, and chaos have left Midgard devastated with minimal signs of life throughout the realm. As you journey to end Ragnarok and take down the maniacal Loki, you'll need to rebuild structures that will provide shelter and a much needed safe harbor for you and your clan. Travel the world, conquering new lands and ensuring world domination for those you serve.

For the chosen warriors that are currently in the Rune Beta Program, you've seen rebuildable longhouses scattered throughout the world. These structures are the remnants of once beautiful buildings that held celebrations and sacred events. Now, they're your first line of defense against the dangers of Ragnarok.

RebuildableSteps.gif

Rebuild longhouses by contributing resources scavenged throughout the lands. When these structures are brought back to their former glory, all who contributed will reap the benefits. Inside, you'll be able to house crafting anvils to build arsenals, stoke fires to cook food, and gain protection from enemy AI and other players. Those who do not contribute to the structure will be kept out and unprotected from the dangerous inhabitants of the world.

2018-11-14-13_06_17-Greenshot.png

The warrior who contributes the most resources to the longhouse owns the buildings. The owner of the longhouse, and those who are aligned to the same god or in the same clan, will have increased attack power when near their longhouses. As you and your clan take over the realm, gaining more and more ownership of the world, Loki's power drains and in his weakened state he'll be no match for you and your vicious Viking clan. Take up arms with other god-aligned Vikings or members of your clan to dominate the entire world on a server.

2018-11-14-13_15_40-Greenshot.png

Beware, warrior. Rebuilding structures and owning them during Ragnarok will not be easy. Rival Vikings can attack your structures, wearing them down and rebuilding them for themselves. Scorned gods may wreak havoc on your property to serve their warriors and further their motives to end Ragnarok. If your structures survive these dangers, the world itself may destroy what you've worked so hard to build.

Battles closer to Early Access this Winter will feature the ability to break down enemy structures, reclaim them as your own, and receive god-aligned buffs when in the area. During Early Access Development, you'll find additional structures to rebuild throughout the world (including villages, shrines, vaults, forges, and more) and the ability to work with your clan to dominate an entire server.

rebuildablefix.jpg

Journey to the forums and let us know what you think as we continue to work on the rebuildable structures in Midgard. You can also follow along as we develop more features and implement new systems by visiting our road map. There's no better way to experience the dangers of Ragnarok and prove yourself among the fiercest warriors than participating in our Beta Program. Take the oath. Get a key.
More information.

This sounds incredibly tedious. Or rather, it reminds me of too many other instances like this, of systems bolted onto first-person action games (like Rune) that turned out to be incredibly tedious. I'm not hearing or seeing any compelling reason for this system to be in the game, other than adding more systems. Not optimistic.

"Those who do not contribute to the structure will be kept out and unprotected from the dangerous inhabitants of the world." - wait, so this will be some MMO game then?

This sounds incredibly tedious. Or rather, it reminds me of too many other instances like this, of systems bolted onto first-person action games (like Rune) that turned out to be incredibly tedious. I'm not hearing or seeing any compelling reason for this system to be in the game, other than adding more systems. Not optimistic.

Agree, I cant get whats up with those housings and house buildings of late - wasnt this some kind of Dark Souls action game, or it is now survival online, like Conan Exiles. Seems that there is no point to follow this one anymore.

Went to website and looked around.
Seems like they are going the PvP MMO route. Pity.
*although they say they will feature multiple server rulesets.

I wonder what people will get tired of first. Iron Man iterations or DayZ iterations.

All I know is that I can't wait for the day when it happens to come along.

Back
Top Bottom