Seven - Free Expansion Incoming

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
An update for Seven: The Days Long Gone announces the imminent release of the free 'Drowned Past' expansion.

Brace yourself!

7 MAR @ 5:21AM - JANIMGN

Hello Thieves,

Do you want to know more about the release date of the free SEVEN expansion called Drowned Past? We have a hint for you... brace yourself!

... and start gathering food next to your screens

Take care,
Jan, IMGN PRO and Fool's Theory
More information.

Almost forgot about this but I wont play as I didn't enjoy the game due to the camera and controls. They just feel weird and I can't get past them while playing.:(

I'll put it in Joxer's language it plays like a phone port.:biggrin:

I didn't really care for the overhead view either, but the setting is pretty interesting. I've only played the demo so far, but I'm intrigued enough that I'll probably purchase the full game.

The only thing that's been holding me back is lack of gaming time.

Another game I've meant to pick up simply because I have heard great things about it over the past year or so. Perhaps what I'll do at some point is load up the demo and see how that strikes me.

Didn't care for it and refunded it. The camera/view was fine, no problems with that at all, just didn't really care for the world or characters. The world is especially "meh" i think, i understand they wanted something different but.. This is not a bad game though, if you can immerse yourself in the world it will be a good game im sure.

I started playing this recently and got about 12 hours in and stopped. I like the world, controls and mechanics... I think it's a really compelling mix. Good voice acting and the story - so far - was decent. What made me lose interest is the lack of "reward" for completing quests. There is no experience and levelling up in the game. You find upgrades in the world you can slot into your character and you can craft better equipment. For me, that meant that just getting money and the occasional crafting schematic for finishing a quest was really underwhelming. There's not much to buy (other than lots of crafting materials) and I'm not a big fan of crafting... so 12 hours in, my character didn't really feel much different and I didn't feel much motivation to keep doing things because it just didn't seem very rewarding.

It's too bad because there are some cool things in the game... just not enough of a rewarding success/accomplishment loop for me to stay interested.

I've only played a few hours of this so far - shelved it because the devs were doing a great job of patching and improving it (which is a bit of a strange curse, right?). But I really loved what I've experienced so far. It felt very much like one of those 7.5/10 games that are worth playing because they actually offer an interesting, rewarding experience that's off the beaten path.

I'm looking forward to getting back to it this spring.

Back
Top Bottom