The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

So … Mr. Beutlin of Sackend … err, Bagsend … was in fact a sacked Hobbit ? :lol:

Besides, I'm non-VIP again since yesterday.

Last edited:
um, yeah, no mandatory evac yet for Lafayette. But sister is quite paranoid.... quoting: You will go with us to Toledo Bend. So... be out tomorrow.

Night Revels are there.

Especially useful are imho those gloomy bottles of Death Ward and the Ruby Of Vampire Slayer.

um, yeah, no mandatory evac yet for Lafayette. But sister is quite paranoid…. quoting: You will go with us to Toledo Bend. So… be out tomorrow.
Stay safe. We'll run the alts.

Everyone remember the lvl8's? I believe most of us are holding 9. Rangerpalooza as I remember. According to my sheet, the plan for the alt party was a bunch of bar quests (lvl6 and lvl7) followed by Delera.

I can switch over to several characters in that range. Level 7 Swashbuckler Bard or level 8 Sorc (with 3 levels FvS) , for example. No problem.

I even have 2 x level 10, but rarely played (Artflam, mainly Rogue with a splash of Cleric & Fahinia, fighter with a splash of Cleric - I often do that because survivability is my main drive in character creation).

Snippet on getting Night Revels keys :

Having more party members (and/or hirelings) does drive up the total number of monsters in the instance due to party scaling, which in turns increases your odds of getting keys during the run - More monster deaths = more chances at a key. It doesn't change the odds of a key dropping when a monster dies, however.

If a key drop would be assigned to a member of the party, and that party member is a Hireling, the key goes to the Hireling's owner.

Source : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...Night-Revels?p=6367049&viewfull=1#post6367049

Found via Twitter (pointed towards it within the forums) :

Release Notes for Update 47 on Monday : https://www.ddo.com/en/update-47-release-notes

Update 47 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 47, released not on Wednesday, September 30th.

Of Special Note:

New Legendary Raids
Three of our classic raids have been given a Legendary update! A Vision of Destruction, The Lord of Blades, and The Master Artificer are now available to run at level 32! Additionally, these raids no longer require playing any prerequisite quests to flag for them on any difficulty, and the quest givers for these raids will now teleport you directly into the raid without needing to traverse a landscape.

New Free Dungeon
The Promise of Flame is a new standalone dungeon for levels 6 and 27! This quest is free to all players. Find the quest giver Lady Sera Jaymes in the Searing Heights Wilderness Adventure Area. The dungeon itself is also located in Searing Heights.

Fables of the Feywild Pre-Purchase Has Begun!
Our next expansion Fables of the Feywild will be available to prepurchase on Monday. Find details about our new race, the Shifter, along with the new Iconic Razorclaw Shifter and Universal Enhancement Tree Feydark Illusionist in the release notes below.

Last edited:
We got L9 on our alts last night. Ran Mabar/Night revels so JM didn't miss anything important. I got a witch hat.

Feywild Illusionist will be a boon for Paladins, amusingly. CHA to-hit and Damage means you can focus on CHA, leading to massive saving throws with no penalty. Makes me wish they had skill points and I could fit in trapping on one.

Charisma-to-hit was something people have been waiting for a long time, I think. At least i got that impression from the forums. So many people used PDK for that.

U47 is a big one, folks. Plan accordingly.

Update is live, and the pre-order is up for Feywild. You can get the new tree, new race/iconic, and even a unicorn! Mmm Unicorn BBQ. Update is large, so get in early and get it done (Corwin).

If you get the top tier and are having troubles with the Tome of Destiny, some people are reporting that talking to the Fatespinner fixes the bug with it being unusable.

Last edited:
Even though I'm not as tight on money as usual, I'm really struggling to justify the step from mid- to top-tier. I've never run an iconic, so there's no benefit there. It really comes down to the "key" and the tomes. $50 for destiny tomes and a convenience feature is really hard to swallow. Of course, I get cranky every time I've got to run to House J to get to Borovia, too.

Was going to do the pre-order tonight, but I think I might sleep on this one for a bit.

edit- of course, $40 for an enhancement tree is a little sour, too, if we're really going to tear this thing down.

Last edited:
All over. some trees down, no flooding where I live. Power was out til just a while ago. Would have posted sooner except for no power.

All over. some trees down, no flooding where I live. Power was out til just a while ago. Would have posted sooner except for no power.
Happy you're in one piece.

Good to see you back JM. I'm not really interested in this 'update'; $40 for you is $60+ for me at the current exchange rate so considering I only play once a week, it's just not worth it!! I only paid $40 for Kingdoms of Amalur- RR and I've played almost 130 hours of that and still haven't finished the main quests.

Looks like it's heroic lvl5 content. There's a million quests available at that level already, so I can't really apply any pressure that the group needs that content to smooth out our trip from 1 to 20.

Seems like a lot of people are having the same thoughts as I did about the tiers. More than the usual jackwagons that will even show up to complain about free ice cream, too. I was all ready to piss away $130 and now I'm even questioning whether to pick up the bottom tier or wait until the quests can be bought in the store since the enhancement tree will probably be available via favor like they did with Borovia. Booooo!

Back
Top Bottom