Aloran - Canceled

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Aloran Kickstarter was canceled yesterday as it didn't look like it would be able to reach its goal and frankly because it wasn't a great pitch to start with either.

Me and my wife have been discussing releasing some very early alpha gameplay but we feel it is best that we develop the game so you can sample the combat, story and art as close to the final product as possible. We have developed the game this far over 3 years and the feedback from kickstarter has been great. However we must ask for patience as we develop the demo and we have to cancel this current pitch. Game development even when fully funded is a long process but we really enjoy this work and look forward to developing the playable demo.

We plan to come back to Kickstarter in the near future to give back something to the game development community who share our love for Isometric fantasy art as much as we do.
More information.

hmm yeah a very lackluster video, but i really like the art direction.

give back something to the game development community who share our love for Isometric fantasy art as much as we do.
And this is exactly the reason I'm not excited. Stop concentrating on perspective! Go game. Go for fun.

I'm actually surprised. From their pitch you got the impression they don't give two fucks about their audience, and would go through with it to the end.

I'm actually surprised. From their pitch you got the impression they don't give two fucks about their audience, and would go through with it to the end.

I don't think that all. They went on Kickstarter, so its obvious they were hoping for people to fund them. I think they were very surprised by the reaction to their pitch. They seemed to think that people would be really interested in the game's visuals and were surprised to find out that people wanted to know about gameplay, lore, et. They also want to add people to their team. I'm curious who they want to add, since it wasn't clearly stated. For example, from everything we've seen, they might need to add a writer.

I will not be backing this game.

They really don't seem to understand the passion of RPG gamers. If they did they would have never released that kickstarter. Also they seemed some what upset that people were not willing to back them because they had some pictures for us to look at.

If it ever gets made I would buy it if it turns out to be okay game..

Back
Top Bottom