Pricewatch!

I purchased Battlechasers: Nightwar on Steam yesterday. Battlechasers released not too long ago, and it's currently 33% off, for anyone interested. I'd been following it for a while and finally took the plunge. Looks like a fun turn based RPG with a cute cartoon design.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/451020/Battle_Chasers_Nightwar/

The GOG Winter Sale has begun (https://www.gog.com)

You get Grim Fandango for free ... and can get Hard West and Masters of Orion for free with purchases of $15 and $40 respectively. Some good deals to be had!

GOG Connect lets you again add a bunch of games from your Steam library to your GOG library. Among them are games like Rebel Galaxy, Sunless Sea, the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions, and more.

Last edited:
Not RPG and I haven't played it but... Company of Heroes 2 is free at Humble Bundle at the moment.

Layers of Fear is also free at the Humble Store.

Also the game Kingdom: Classic is free on Steam for less than 24 hours now.

3 free games on UPlay:
Watch Dogs
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
World in Conflict GOTY

The last two reviewed rather well, while the first one was at least interesting.

So, did anyone actually play Oxenfree or Kingdom: Classic? Are they any good?

I enjoyed Oxenfree for what it was. The dialogue is snappy and the voice acting is solid. Definitely worth a few hours of your time.

I played Kingdom: New Lands, which is basically an upgraded version (which I think you might get cheaper if you claim classic now).

Imho it's overrated. Yes, the graphics are fine. But the mechanics aren't really that good and it doesn't offer a lot of replay value. While in FTL you unlock stuff for new playthroughs or attempts, in Kingdom you unlock stuff to actually beat the level.

Also the latest patch of New Lands seems to have broken quite a bit.

That said: Worth taking it for free for sure.

Green man gaming has a holiday sale going on. Many games on sale.

Just picked up elex and xcom 2 war of the chosen for $58 total. Sale prices plus xtra 17% off on certain titles with gmg17 voucher. Not sure if the voucher is account specific.

So, did anyone actually play Oxenfree or Kingdom: Classic? Are they any good?

I've played Kingdom Classic. I liked it for it was: a low res sidescrolling RTS castle defense sort of thing. Nothing exciting, but it does take some strategy. Good for a few afternoons of fun, nothing AAA about it but you can tell the devs had fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom