GOG - Grand RPG Sale

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Grand RPG sale has started on GOG.

Pack your bag, gather a party of friends, and join us on a grand RPG journey into the heart of the unknown. Distant lands and hidden treasures await your discovery as we invite you to take a look at our latest sale full of fantastic RPGs, both modern and classic, with discounts reaching up to 90% off.

First of all, the Grand RPG Sale is a superb opportunity to catch up on some award-winning, modern titles that have already gathered a strong fanbase. Take a shot at games like Iratus: Lord of the Dead (-30%), where RPG elements meet the strategy genre. Test your skills in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (-50%), a title that draws experience from the best isometric RPGs of all time. Become a mercenary in an unforgiving world in Stoneshard (-25%), and finally, travel into a world of madness inspired by H.P. Lovecraft books in Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones (-67%)

Next, you should take a look at the latest additions to the GOG.COM catalog. For starters, team up with the brave heroine Ayumi and lose yourself in never-ending action in the cult hack 'n' slash title - Blades of Time (-30%). As for the rest of the new and upcoming indie games available, you should definitely explore the vibrant open world of Exiled Kingdoms (-25%). While you are at it, take part in an epic war against evil with the dynamic deck-building RPG Gordian Quest (-10%). Also, travel into the mythical lands of The Waylanders (-10%) and Vampire's Fall: Origins (-50%) where each day will bring you boundless adventures and quests. Finally, be sure to check out Pendragon, a game from the creators of 80 Days and Heaven's Vault, and add it to your wishlist.

That's not all, we also have titles available for Star Wars fans and those who prefer jRPGs. Both STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic (-65%) and STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (-65%) are present in the sale. As for the anime buffs, they'll be more than thrilled while playing The Caligula Effect: Overdose (-25%), The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (-25%) and The Alliance Alive HD Remastered (-40%).

The Grand RPG Sale on GOG.COM is also full of timeless classics for you to enjoy. For example, use this occasion to rediscover the best parts of legendary series, like Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition (-75%), Ultima 7 The Complete Edition (-75%) and Wizardry 6+7 (-75%). Also, dive into some truly classic RPG goodness with the Eye of the Beholder Trilogy (-50%) and Dungeons & Dragons: Ravenloft Series (-50%).

Don't wait! Listen to the call of adventure and set off on a quest you'll never forget. The Grand RPG Sale runs until August 3rd, at 1 PM UTC.
More information.

Hmmmm, I never heard of Exiled Kingdoms, perhaps I should take a look at it :)

Who ever writes these sales pitches deserves a raise.:lol:

I'll probably get a bundle of the DLC and a few games.

Hmmmm, I never heard of Exiled Kingdoms, perhaps I should take a look at it :)

A very forgettable game IMO. Like Divine Divinity, but with shallower mechanics, respawning monsters, and less charm. Its ok. I played it 20 hours, but wasn't motivated enough to finish it.

A very forgettable game IMO. Like Divine Divinity, but with shallower mechanics, respawning monsters, and less charm. Its ok. I played it 20 hours, but wasn't motivated enough to finish it.

I just saw your reply now, but it's too late, I just bought it :(

Perhaps I can make a lemonade from this lemon, who knows?

Anyway, thanks for your advice :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Exiled Kingdoms:

I played it much longer than that. I didn't finish it, but I thought it was pretty decent. You can solo most of it, but I added the companions several times too. I think there were 3 or 4 and you get to choose their skills as you go along. You can also hire cannon fodder to go along with the companions. They die pretty quick, so I only used them early in the game.

Exiled Kingdoms:

I played it much longer than that. I didn't finish it, but I thought it was pretty decent. You can solo most of it, but I added the companions several times too. I think there were 3 or 4 and you get to choose their skills as you go along. You can also hire cannon fodder to go along with the companions. They die pretty quick, so I only used them early in the game.

Seems more your cup of tea than mine as its open world, single character, action combat. So I guess its has something to do with that. I didn't want to say its a bad game, its just not very memorable IMO. Fluent liked it too, if I remember correctly.

Also not many Divine Divinity type games are being made these days. So its something different.

The one that caught my eye was the Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition which gog is selling for £13.99, which is the first time I believe its got to my valuation of the game. The base game has been that before but I don't think base+expansions has ever been at that price point before (on steam it's still £17.99).

So I bought that.

There was a couple of other things that caught my eye, but this was the one that screamed Right Moment To Buy Right Now to me.

But then I suspect most people here have already got this one and that I'm probably the weird one who has been waiting for my right price point for it all these years.

Lots of good picks in that sale, I own most of the ones currently offered. Might pick up the two or three that I'm lacking.

And I'm still deciding if I'll get that Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls game. It's on my wishlist and its price is now the historical lowest.

Last edited:
And I'm still deciding if I'll get that Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls game. Its on my wishlist and its price is now the historical lowest.

Its on my wishlist too. I also considered getting it, but I have so many unplayed games at the moment that I'm in no hurry. I'm sure the price will drop more, as it was relatively recently released.

Finally bought myself Divinity Original Sin II ...

Plenty of good stuff in there, but already have most of what I want.

Only interesting thing for me is Insomnia the ark, but hesitant if it is worth the current discounted price.

Back
Top Bottom