Dirty Tenant & Bed Bugs

Well next update house is being bombed tomorrow but I had to throw out half my belongings. The plus side is the landlord is reimbursing me for some of the stuff.

Happy to hear the mixed good news. Hopefully this helps on the path to less life stress.

Not worth it - given the legal system would take quite a while and cost more than moving.
-
The problem is that the law just doesn't help in these situation. I had a friend who rented their home while waiting to sell it (they had a job change and moved out of state). I won't go into the details but it took 2 years to evict a non paying tenant and in the end even the secure bond the court forced the defendent to put up after they lost the case turned out to be bad. They were just grateful at the end of the deal to have been able to successfully sell their house without too much of a loss.
-
I don't have a solution other than to move but the system sucks and pretty much anything else is going to be more miserable.
-
btw i'm not saying your landlord is a slime ball but there are 'professional' renters who have learned they don't have to pay rent and landlords who have learned they ….
--
Btw having said this i had a renter who moved without breaking the lease and the landlord kept their deposit for no reason. They successfully sued in small claims court and received the deposit back... with very little cost other than time spent.

Sounds like you could sue him for health endangerment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom